Burton at home match threat | Page 7 | Vital Football

Burton at home match threat

I feel sorry for the ownership they put on an initiative to get new people in the door and the team turn in a performance that would make them less likely to come back.
And who instructs the team to play like that? Perhaps the ownership should start by having a strong word with Maloney he's the instigator.

And who instructs the team to play like that? Perhaps the ownership should start by having a strong word with Maloney he's the instigator.
Yep, bang on there Frankie. Every week we hear the manager say how happy he was with everything ... oh, ... wait, ... no, he doesn't.

You couldn't make this up ... except that you do. :LOL:

Yep, bang on there Frankie. Every week we hear the manager say how happy he was with everything ... oh, ... wait, ... no, he doesn't.

You couldn't make this up ... except that you do. :LOL:
So we have a manager that can't manage the team because the players can't/won't play for him?

Times up then isn't it?

So we have a manager that can't manage the team because the players can't/won't play for him?

Times up then isn't it?
They've played for him sufficiently often and well enough to acquire 59 points, finishing in a position most of us thought would be acceptable at the start of the season.

Keep trying Frankie ... but like the players, try a little harder.

Danson watches every game, so he'll probably be more frustated than us fans as it's costing him a lot of money for so many poor performances.

Maloney was always going to get the benefit of the doubt this year due all that's happened - but next season he'll have all of his own players and had loads of time to get his style implemented - there will be no excuses and expectations will be higher. It'll need to improve a lot from where it is now or changes will happen.

Someone near me brought their grandson hoping to get him into it but it didn't seem like he enjoyed it.

If you were already invested in supporting Wigan or Burton it was dour, but if you weren't it must have been awfully boring. I feel sorry for the ownership they put on an initiative to get new people in the door and the team turn in a performance that would make them less likely to come back. It was a terrible advert for us, but harsh reality is it's been like that most games this season.

I knew there’d be a lack of entertainment and didn’t take my little lad for that reason. Don’t think I’ve watched a more boring team since I started going nigh on 40 years ago.

Danson watches every game, so he'll probably be more frustated than us fans as it's costing him a lot of money for so many poor performances.

Maloney was always going to get the benefit of the doubt this year due all that's happened - but next season he'll have all of his own players and had loads of time to get his style implemented - there will be no excuses and expectations will be higher. It'll need to improve a lot from where it is now or changes will happen.
I Really Doubt Danson watches all the games. For a bloke to have no interests in football I find it hard to believe. Probably gets match reports. That’s all. If he watches every game. He would have been up before him and answering questions.

And you really believe that do you? Where ever that came from someone is taking the piss, we have a owner that is paying out wages to players that are turning in lacklustre performances week in week out he sees this week in week out but doesn't do anything about it?

Maloney would have been pulled in and read the riot act months ago and his job would have been on the line, if Danson thought for one minute Maloney couldn't get a tune out of this lot he would have been replaced with someone that could!

If Danson does watch every game and can see what the supporters see then my theory must be right he is quite happy for us to languish mid table in league one because he knows that promotion to the championship will cost a lot of money just to stay there and he doesn't want that.

Just have a think about what you're posting mate it doesn't make sense no boss/ owner on the planet would put up with his employees slacking especially knowing and proving what they are capable of, that for me says he doesn't watch every game or if he does then the future isn't good for the club.

And you really believe that do you? Where ever that came from someone is taking the piss, we have a owner that is paying out wages to players that are turning in lacklustre performances week in week out he sees this week in week out but doesn't do anything about it?

Maloney would have been pulled in and read the riot act months ago and his job would have been on the line, if Danson thought for one minute Maloney couldn't get a tune out of this lot he would have been replaced with someone that could!

If Danson does watch every game and can see what the supporters see then my theory must be right he is quite happy for us to languish mid table in league one because he knows that promotion to the championship will cost a lot of money just to stay there and he doesn't want that.

Just have a think about what you're posting mate it doesn't make sense no boss/ owner on the planet would put up with his employees slacking especially knowing and proving what they are capable of, that for me says he doesn't watch every game or if he does then the future isn't good for the club.

Just have a think about what you're posting mate it doesn't make sense...... why the f@ck should he have a think about what he posts, you don't, you come out with the same negative shite, after negative shite. Think I've yet to see a positive post from yourself...occasionally you'll reply to a poster whose been similarly negative with a positive reply.
For what it's worth KDZ is one of the more balanced posters who will give positive & negative views....unlike your good self 😉🤔

You should have a think about the accounts that came out last week and the massive amount of money Danson paid to save the club and keep us running. Do you really think he would spend tens of millions if he wasn't interested?

Maloney said Danson watches every game and I believe him as no one is paying out the fortune he is funding something they don't care about.

Yes the Championship does cost more money to compete but have a think about how stupid it would be to spend so much to buy us with the only intention of keeping us in L1 struggling to break even. If you go up you double your revenue making it easier to break even. If you are set on living within your means you might end up coming back down but you make more money yo-yoing rather than sitting in L1 constantly.

Maloney pitched Danson on how to run club more sustainably and the rebuild needed - and Danson bought into that vision. Maloney earned his trust but has had players tearing up their contracts, a transfer embargo, an 8 point deduction, no recruitment department and the need to drop the wage bill by over 10m. No one can argue all of that will have negatively impacted Maloney but people will argue how well he's done overall. Danson clearly believes there's enough mitigating circumstances to give him the benefit of the doubt for this season and give him a chance to start next year where he won't have so much against him or excuses. You don't have to agree with it to understand it.

Last edited:
All the feel good factor of a decent Blackpool performance ( especially 1st half ) was lost yesterday with a return to the fearful, boring shit. Earlier somebody said maybe he was having a look at what we had on the books as opposed to loanees...well not a lot to be positive about after watching that.

Just have a think about what you're posting mate it doesn't make sense...... why the f@ck should he have a think about what he posts, you don't, you come out with the same negative shite, after negative shite. Think I've yet to see a positive post from yourself...occasionally you'll reply to a poster whose been similarly negative with a positive reply.
For what it's worth KDZ is one of the more balanced posters who will give positive & negative views....unlike your good self 😉🤔
The majority of my posts are positive Jock its called saying it how it is, the majority of things I post are true to what I witness on matchdays and when reading the clubs intentions the negativity comes from your good self and the other happy clappers on this site that seem to wear rose tinted glasses on match days and everything regarding Wigan Athletic then try to cover up the club and managers fuck ups week in week out.

See a happy clapper turns a positive post in to a negative one then all the other Danson/Maloney arse lickers jump on board patting each other on the back all in turn baiting and slagging off the positive poster.

Regulars on this site have disagreed with a lot of my posts then a couple of weeks later come on here saying more or less what I said, a bit two faced wouldn't you say?

Of course I agree with posters that have the same view as me because they are seeing the club/manager for what it is and providing a positive view not a negative one.

Now get your head around that Jock read it slowly and then the penny just may drop, have a Happy Easter! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Missed the Burton game on Friday as away in Turkey so let a friend and his son use mine and my son's season ticket as they are thinking of going regularly next season when his son get's that bit older to enjoy the live action instead of watching Premier league on the television.
The verdict after Friday was the were both bored to tears and he doesn't want to go again if that is what it is like.
Unfortunately I told him it is like that virtually every home game this season.
The turgid football on offer from Maloney is not going to attract new fans and is making many season tickets holders seriously think about renewing !!

Last edited:
Missed the Burton game on Friday as away in Turkey so let a friend and his son use mine and my son's season ticket as they are thinking of going regularly next season when his son get's that bit older to enjoy the live action instead of watching Premier league on the television.
The verdict after Friday was the were both bored to tears and he doesn't want to go again if that is what it is like.
Unfortunately I told him it is like that virtually every home game this season.
The turgid football on offer from Maloney is not going to attract new fans and is making many season tickets holders seriously think about renewing !!

Pains me to say it but you’re right. I’ll be renewing but this turgid borefest we’re getting served up will undoubtedly deter people from buying season tickets and attracting new fans. If the club are planning any initiatives for the last home game I’d urge them not to bother as the football is putting potential supporters off.

Maloney has done exactly what he set out to do, and eactly what the owners wanted him to do.
The fact he has bored us senseless and is turning fans against him week in week out will not be of any concern to Mr Danson at the moment.
Next season may also be a free hit for Maloney, but once all the mess of the previous owners is fathomed out and dealt with he will be in deep trouble if he doesn't look to change it especially if he gets a few bob to spend.

The majority of my posts are positive Jock its called saying it how it is, the majority of things I post are true to what I witness on matchdays and when reading the clubs intentions the negativity comes from your good self and the other happy clappers on this site that seem to wear rose tinted glasses on match days and everything regarding Wigan Athletic then try to cover up the club and managers fuck ups week in week out.

See a happy clapper turns a positive post in to a negative one then all the other Danson/Maloney arse lickers jump on board patting each other on the back all in turn baiting and slagging off the positive poster.

Regulars on this site have disagreed with a lot of my posts then a couple of weeks later come on here saying more or less what I said, a bit two faced wouldn't you say?

Of course I agree with posters that have the same view as me because they are seeing the club/manager for what it is and providing a positive view not a negative one.

Now get your head around that Jock read it slowly and then the penny just may drop, have a Happy Easter! :thumbup:
The majority of my posts are positive....:lol:

After the start we had.Even with the - 8. Should have Been pushing for the play offs. Wyke Lang And Humphrey are as good as anybody in this league. And proved that. At the start of the season. Bolton couldn’t handle. Them same at Derby. So something went wrong. Never in all my time watching Wigan have I seen a player more pissed of playing. Than Humphrey.s. He can’t wait for the 62 minute when the Maloney subs come on