Burnley. The Match Preview. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Burnley. The Match Preview.

fookin 'ell - we back on the lamela debate already!?

Like it or not, he is a Tottenham player; if you don't know his strengths and weaknesses by now, you never will.

He has a role to play, but he'll never be the magicial dribbler/creator that some think he should be; he's a hard working midfielder that's short of being one of the best' his workrate is exceptional, he can retain the ball well with his body strength, but he can just as easily give it away with his fist touch; his passing is good short to long, but not great. his speed isn't exceptional, but he's not slow - all in all he's a hard working body that is just about (was) getting his timing better in tackles - but still prone to giving away stupid fouls in dangerous area's.

ON another planet, in a different time under different circumstances, my bet is he would have been sold by now. Poch is still trying to make him into a better player and without the injuries, I think he would have, with them, it's been impossible.

Spursex - 23/12/2017 09:13

Like it or not, he is a Tottenham player; if you don't know his strengths and weaknesses by now, you never will.

He has a role to play, but he'll never be the magicial dribbler/creator that some think he should be; he's a hard working midfielder that's short of being one of the best' his workrate is exceptional, he can retain the ball well with his body strength, but he can just as easily give it away with his fist touch; his passing is good short to long, but not great. his speed isn't exceptional, but he's not slow - all in all he's a hard working body that is just about (was) getting his timing better in tackles - but still prone to giving away stupid fouls in dangerous area's.

ON another planet, in a different time under different circumstances, my bet is he would have been sold by now. Poch is still trying to make him into a better player and without the injuries, I think he would have, with them, it's been impossible.

I like the last paragraph. On Mars in 2200 playing space hockey Lamela would be sold coz he's crap at Hockey.

Nick Real Deal - 23/12/2017 09:34

Spursex - 23/12/2017 09:13

I like the last paragraph. On Mars in 2200 playing space hockey Lamela would be sold coz he's crap at Hockey.

precisely. :10:

Not sure why its a debate?

Alli is out of form and needs to be dropped, big clubs and big managers wouldnt even think twice about it.

He should be suspended anyway so he should missing the game completely.

Why do we keep letting out of form players get a free pass and game time? they wont learn they need to perform every game unless this changes.

but Mopo has said he is undroppable so I imagine he will start.

You can throw all the stats about Alli onto this forum, but they mean absolutely nothing all the time he is playing like Gilberto

Kinygerbils - 23/12/2017 13:12

Not sure why its a debate?

Alli is out of form and needs to be dropped, big clubs and big managers wouldnt even think twice about it.

He should be suspended anyway so he should missing the game completely.

Why do we keep letting out of form players get a free pass and game time? they wont learn they need to perform every game unless this changes.

but Mopo has said he is undroppable so I imagine he will start.

You can throw all the stats about Alli onto this forum, but they mean absolutely nothing all the time he is playing like Gilberto

This :1:

It's a debate because maybe some people think differently and dropping him may not be the answer. Maybe resting him to the bench or playing limited minutes. I don't think it would send out the right message to drop him.

I would have a meeting with him to discuss things in private to stay private and ask if he wants to play, if so he needs to do this and that to improve. Or would a rest help him ?

The attitude of drop him he is crap at the moment is heavy handed.

Nick Real Deal - 23/12/2017 15:49

It's a debate because maybe some people think differently and dropping him may not be the answer. Maybe resting him to the bench or playing limited minutes. I don't it would send out the right message to drop him.

I would have a meeting with him to discuss things in private to stay private and ask if he wants to play, if so he needs to do this and that to improve. Or would a rest help him ?

The attitude of drop him he is crap at the moment is heavy handed.

So we now ask the players if they want to be dropped?

It’s not Sunday league ffs

Lol it’s not what good managers would do.

Do you think sir Alex would ask Yorke if he wanted dropping

We had better win coz he's picked Alli and Sissoko. There will be carnage on here if we don't. No Winks either. MF could be Alli and Sissoko ....oh Christ.

Nick Real Deal - 23/12/2017 16:48

Alli and Sissoko play blinders is what I want to see.

Love it if they did......but even if they did IMO it's still the wrong decision to play them...... Dele cos he has had chance after chance but isn't on his game.... Sisjoko cos he has had chance after chance and unfortunately we have seen his game...

NRD, "I would have a meeting with him to discuss things in private to stay private and ask if he wants to play, if so he needs to do this and that to improve. Or would a rest help him ? "

In private?....like Edward in the book?! :0)

I'd like to see at least one of our lot show tbh. I'm sick of seeing one or two players playing their hearts out whilst the rest are stuck in their own heads forgetting how to do the most basic of tasks. And that goes for Poch as well. He's not taking any risks and it's costing us.

Critical_Spur - 23/12/2017 16:59

NRD, "I would have a meeting with him to discuss things in private to stay private and ask if he wants to play, if so he needs to do this and that to improve. Or would a rest help him ? "

That's why I emphasised private . If the media ask questions of them just bat away.

Nick Real Deal - 23/12/2017 17:06

Critical_Spur - 23/12/2017 16:59

That's why I emphasised private . If the media ask questions of them just bat away.

Why would the players trust him?