Bunds planning permission granted | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bunds planning permission granted

Pretty bad planning not to have done this when the EPC was built. We have a mainly prevailing westerly wind and a very busy A road to the west of the site. Who would have thought strong winds and traffic noise would be a problem.?
🙈🙈

Pretty bad planning not to have done this when the EPC was built. We have a mainly prevailing westerly wind and a very busy A road to the west of the site. Who would have thought strong winds and traffic noise would be a problem.?
🙈🙈
Cost implications possibly? I'm sure there is much more they would like to add, even now. One step at a time - we'll just have to go on another epic FA Cup run.

Dont know how a 12 foot high bund will have much effect when the pitches are some distance away. Maybe its to stop the opposition seeing our new tactics !

Cost implications possibly? I'm sure there is much more they would like to add, even now. One step at a time - we'll just have to go on another epic FA Cup run.
I'm not a civil engineer, but surely lots of earth was moved around during construction of the whole place. Why couldn't it just have been formed into the mounds at that time? Maybe I'm looking too simply at it and missing something.

I'm not a civil engineer, but surely lots of earth was moved around during construction of the whole place. Why couldn't it just have been formed into the mounds at that time? Maybe I'm looking too simply at it and missing something.

you would need a lot of earth for what they plan to do i suspect as it was farmland it was already fairly level and the prefab EPC wouldn’t need that much footings so I suspect they will need to import this

There's a firm in Lincoln called "Lawless Civils". Always makes me smile. A bit like having "Cowboy Builder" on your van.

Are you a rude engineer, then?
Only with those that deserve my ire. There are a lot of those where I work!
I have a Polish lad with me, he's a nice lad but really brings that side of me out. A walking game of 20 questions that doesn't even take an answer without another 20. He actually asked me if he annoyed me by asking too many questions! In nearly 25 years at the company, I've lost my cool 5 or 6 times, 4 of those in the last year with him!

Maybe we can apply for Planning to put a bund in front of our goal because it's probably the only way we will be able to keep a clean sheet!:rolleyes:

I thought the word "Bund" sounded German so I looked it up. It's used mainly in India/Asia to describe an area constructed to retain liquid or water, unlike our leaky defense.

I thought the word "Bund" sounded German so I looked it up. It's used mainly in India/Asia to describe an area constructed to retain liquid or water, unlike our leaky defense.

usually they have to contain 120% of the liquid inside. That is never going to work this season!

There was no spare soil when the EPC was constructed because there was a slope heading towards the bottom corner of pitch 3, near the A15 so there had to be a cut and fill job done when the bulldozer laser levelled the site. Soil at Welton Lane end was moved to the north to make it level but there is still a small gradient on the whole site, this is normal. Don’t forget most of the Lincolnshire Heath only has 8’’ max of top soil before hitting pure limestone, the EPC is no different which is good for drainage but meaning any top soil the bulldozer moved, the limestone had to be taken into account. You don’t need top soil for pitches anymore because Fineturf now build most pitches on a gravel base, then sand and above that a mix of top quality soil and sand called ‘rootzone’ to sow the grass into.