Bruno | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bruno

I think that given the Cowleys method and motivation he was worth a lot more then now. I suspect he went to Salford and thought who are these pricks I will take your money and f off!

Raggott was getting panned by Portsmouth - now his adopted parents are looking after him and he is their best player.

Irrespective of the Cowleys style of football there is no denying they are amongst the best at
  • Finding players from no where that had previously been under valued/under performing
  • Motivating and developing those players beyond what would be their operating ceiling
  • captivating the locals to get bums on seats
Andrade was a classic example!

Yeah, quite interesting that a few who looked relative world beaters under a Cowley system havent gone on to have the careers we thought they would elsewhere. Probably only Toffolo?

Andrade was voted National League player of the season just before we signed him ahead of several other competing clubs.

very true but at one stage in his career he was apparently on parity with Sterling. One went to the World cup and the other left the Peninsula Stadium!

The difference being footballers do this for 15 years or so, then have to find something else to do for 45 years. The rest of us are the other way round. I'm sure agents regularly remind their clients of this, and ensure they have some security by their early 30s.
I still take my boots to every match I attend, because you never know! Mind you, I have to nail the cork studs back in every now and then.

According to some on this site he was worth a million pounds during the league one season when he left. Err he wasn't and has found his level again. Talented on his day but went missing far too often. Did not track back at times and was found out in League one. Looks delighted in the pictures and Stevenage is clearly a mecca of football he wants to belong to!?

A million was maybe pushing it, but he was a class above almost any winger in League 2. At the time, he had very similar stats to CJ Hamilton (1 in 4 goal record). Mansfield were reportedly rejecting bids of around a million quid for Hamilton, so it's easy to see why people thought he had the potential to be our elusive first million pound player. In the end, CJ Hamilton was poor the next season and Mansfield sold him for 200k but you can bet that Blackpool would make at least a million if they sold him now.

A million was maybe pushing it, but he was a class above almost any winger in League 2. At the time, he had very similar stats to CJ Hamilton (1 in 4 goal record). Mansfield were reportedly rejecting bids of around a million quid for Hamilton, so it's easy to see why people thought he had the potential to be our elusive first million pound player. In the end, CJ Hamilton was poor the next season and Mansfield sold him for 200k but you can bet that Blackpool would make at least a million if they sold him now.
Not sure what this has to do with CJ Hamilton as he is playing in Tier 2. Bruno is now attempting to play in tier 4.

Not sure what this has to do with CJ Hamilton as he is playing in Tier 2. Bruno is now attempting to play in tier 4.
Not too tricky to figure out is it? You made a comment about Lincoln fans having inflated beliefs about Bruno's value. I explained that at that time he had similar stats in the same league as someone who was being targeted for roughly that amount. Bruno is also only 1 year older. Very similar stats, very similar age, same league means that it's a pretty fair comparison, no?
C J Hamilton has gone on to do well for Blackpool, but only after an unremarkable following season in League 2 for Mansfield. The benefit of making a good career move to join a club with a good coach.