Bruno | Vital Football

Bruno

I don't really get the ill will towards Bruno. He did well for us, helped us progress, got an offer that probably made him a wealthy man and left. The way we've moved on since I doubt he'd have been here much longer anyway. He'll probably do well at Stevenage and I hope he does. There's plenty who've taken a wage and contributed far less to the good of LCFC over the years.

Last edited:
I don't really get the ill will towards Bruno. He did well for us, helped us progress, got an offer that probably made him a wealthy man and left. The way we've moved on since I doubt he'd have been here much longer anyway. He'll probably do well at Stevenage and I hope he does. There's plenty who've taken a wage and contributed far less to the good of LCFC over the years who are.
I agree on all fronts . I was embarrased when certain sections booed Morton whilst playing for Fleetwood . Couldnt understand that especially since he was a loan to us . I dont think they impressed him !

Hopefully he will get his career back on track. Was good for us and he got a move that you must assume was financially a no brainer. He would have been daft to turn it down. He left an indelible memory with the wonder goals against MK Dons and Everton. Both great moments.

Football is littered with players who have made the wrong career choice or have been advised badly and with hindsight would have done something different but then doesn't that go for a lot of people.

I can't understand why people criticise somebody for going for more money. How many people on here can hold there hands up and say that when they were in their 20's and some company came and offered you double your money they wouldn't go for it. Not many I suspect.

It's different when you are older and have already made some money (look at Bridcutt) but we are talking about young men whose professional careers will last maybe 15 years.

Personally I have no malice towards Bruno at all in fact that goal he scored at MK and the wild celebrations as we basically knew we were up at that point is one of my finest City supporting memories.

Thing is if he wasn't going to get a league 1 gig he at least got a decent salary from Salford. You cant blame him.

I don't think footballers at league 1/2 level (his level) ever earn enough money not to have to work afterwards, so he was never going to be a millionaire out of football.

he is 27 so still has a fair few years of football left. If he performs well he will probably move up to league 1 or possibly someone like the Posh would take a punt on him if still in the championship.

it looks like he has been a footballer for about 10 years and bar a few months in league 1 he has played his entire career at league 2 or lower - there is nothing to suggest he was about to sign for a premiership club, so if Salford offer him top end league 1 wages I bet he didn't care it was actually league 2 football - who can blame him.

We are football fans where there is a romantic notion of playing football as escapism for the mundane. But to footballers its no different for the alarm clock going off at 5am and driving to the office for a days work.

Personally if someone offered me a good drink I would be firing in my notice straight away!

We are football fans where there is a romantic notion of playing football as escapism for the mundane. But to footballers its no different for the alarm clock going off at 5am and driving to the office for a days work.
!

The difference being footballers do this for 15 years or so, then have to find something else to do for 45 years. The rest of us are the other way round. I'm sure agents regularly remind their clients of this, and ensure they have some security by their early 30s.

I seem to recall Andrade scoring all six goals in a four match sequence of Lincoln City's matches starting in February 2019. I wonder how many times that has happened at LCFC and, if so, what the record is?

According to some on this site he was worth a million pounds during the league one season when he left. Err he wasn't and has found his level again. Talented on his day but went missing far too often. Did not track back at times and was found out in League one. Looks delighted in the pictures and Stevenage is clearly a mecca of football he wants to belong to!?

According to some on this site he was worth a million pounds during the league one season when he left. Err he wasn't and has found his level again. Talented on his day but went missing far too often. Did not track back at times and was found out in League one. Looks delighted in the pictures and Stevenage is clearly a mecca of football he wants to belong to!?

I think that given the Cowleys method and motivation he was worth a lot more then now. I suspect he went to Salford and thought who are these pricks I will take your money and f off!

Raggott was getting panned by Portsmouth - now his adopted parents are looking after him and he is their best player.

Irrespective of the Cowleys style of football there is no denying they are amongst the best at
  • Finding players from no where that had previously been under valued/under performing
  • Motivating and developing those players beyond what would be their operating ceiling
  • captivating the locals to get bums on seats
Andrade was a classic example!

I think that given the Cowleys method and motivation he was worth a lot more then now. I suspect he went to Salford and thought who are these pricks I will take your money and f off!

Raggott was getting panned by Portsmouth - now his adopted parents are looking after him and he is their best player.

Irrespective of the Cowleys style of football there is no denying they are amongst the best at
  • Finding players from no where that had previously been under valued/under performing
  • Motivating and developing those players beyond what would be their operating ceiling
  • captivating the locals to get bums on seats
Andrade was a classic example!

Andrade was voted National League player of the season just before we signed him ahead of several other competing L2 clubs.