Brit Reaction | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brit Reaction

toms - 17/8/2017 07:18

Seriously? The guy kept us in the championship. If we had lost against Ipswich and been relegated and Britt had then left, would that have been acceptable?

I don't begrudge someone taking a step up in their career, which boro currently are at the moment. Was very disappointed to see him go and would love him to still be in our team but football is short career and getting 60 k a week is too good an offer for anyone (particularly if you've had a knee injury which may recur ala chris cohen)

I get the frustration with Britt but not the hatred. Think it will.go one of two ways- he'll be keep quiet or bag a hatfull

Apollyon - 17/8/2017 06:47

I sit on a pinkish red seat in the Peter Taylor stand hoping to see loyalty from the players we fooking idolise

Surely you can't be serious. Can't really believe that you or I or any adult supporter would idolize a footballer. All he's done is get himself a pay rise.

Simples.

Old Red Fart - 17/8/2017 09:47

I sit on a pinkish red seat in the Peter Taylor stand hoping to see loyalty from the players we fooking idolise

Surely you can't be serious. Can't really believe that you or I or any adult supporter would idolize a footballer. All he's done is get himself a pay rise.

Simples.

I don't think idolize is inappropriate ORF; if you do not admire and respect the players wearing the shirt why bother attending games?

The odd boo aside, I suspect Britt's reception will be fairly ambivalent unless he dives, tries to get some sent off or scores and celebrates like Commons in front of our fans. I don't care enough about him to bother, personally.

I'll leave the welcome to Mills & Wozza.

Not suggesting in any way that they knowingly attempt to cause injury - however, I've always liked to 'welcome' the player I was marking in a friendly, enthusiastic (Stuart Pearce) manner very early on - that leaves no doubt about our relationship for the next 90 minutes.

We could not stop Britt going, shame & whilst disappointed, I think we are a better team & hope that we get better results this year.

München - 17/8/2017 10:41

The odd boo aside, I suspect Britt's reception will be fairly ambivalent unless he dives, tries to get some sent off or scores and celebrates like Commons in front of our fans. I don't care enough about him to bother, personally.

He's like every other footballing mercenary - I'm glad we got £15m - otherwise, we could have had another Pierre/Costa situation.

mao tse tung - 17/8/2017 10:09

Simples.

I don't think idolize is inappropriate ORF; if you do not admire and respect the players wearing the shirt why bother attending games?

Exactly

When posters like ORF do not take statements like I made in context it really whacks my pip

I have no issues with BA09 leaving.
He came, he played, he left. That's what footballers do.
He is a professional footballer with a serious knee issue.
Make as much as you possibly can, his career lifespan is even more limited than normal.
The only ones who stay are normally the ones who are overpaid or can't get a spot anywhere else.
Very few of the good ones will see it through more than two contracts.

mao tse tung - 17/8/2017 09:09

Simples.

Don't normally disagree with you Mao but whether I attend games or not has nothing to do with admiring or respecting a player. To me they're just more men doing a job that most of us would love to do.

Can't see the slightest connection with respect, maybe I could and probably would admire the ability shown on the pitch but that's where it ends for me. Some of the fellows I've known over the years have been absolute idiots but they sure could play.

Regarding Britt, I admire his ability but respect....... no thanks.

:14:

Pope John XXIII - 16/8/2017 20:05

Don't understand why there should be any reaction?

A player arrived

Didn't play that many games

Wasn't much loved for some reason

Went for 3 times what we spent.

So what?

As long as he doesn't act like a tw@t if he scores, I don't care

Agree with Pope - if he overly celebrates when he enevitably scores he'll deserve stick.

As has been mentioned, he'll raise his game against us. Hopefully we go with a flat back 4.

What about the Rash being employed to directly man-mark Britt? A la Des Lyttle/Zola 20 odd years ago?

Apollyon - 17/8/2017 07:39

Yes seriously seriously Tom

He was supported through a serious injury (we have to though don't we so no pat on the back) rewarding with a huge contract not long after a return to fitness.

Jarman and Britt clealry planned that with the release clause making them even richer.

If he went to the EPL, I would get it. A bid comes in from a EPL side and he wants to go for his career and prove himself. But thats not what happened. Hes not gone to that shit hole for his CV, hes gone for a big fat fook off pay cheque, one that realistically at his age he didn't even need.

He could have taken stock at the end of this season and looked at where he was career wise, he's 24 ffs

"God brought him to Middlesbrough"

As Sid says, he won't give a fook.

His goals kept us up is a fooking ridiculous statement. Tell me where you sit and ill come and boo you too

He apparently "worked" for Nottingham Forest, well he didn't play much, so may be it felt like a place he worked at, getting physio treatment. But I was never that bothered about him and to get the money we did I think it was a fantastic bit of business for us. And when you talk about going where the best money was, you are right, but you have to remember he has come back from a career threatening injury, where he knows some players have never come back from, so for me, I don't blame him going where it best suited him financially, as we know he could break down injured again, and I fully expect him to get injured again very soon.

But for me I won't be booing him or singing anything bad about him, why would I want to motivate him to score against us and be able to stick 2 fingers up at us for all the abuse he has received, I will just ignore him like any other opposition players, and concentrate on supporting our players.

Old Red Fart - 17/8/2017 11:05

Simples.

Don't normally disagree with you Mao but whether I attend games or not has nothing to do with admiring or respecting a player. To me they're just more men doing a job that most of us would love to do.

Can't see the slightest connection with respect, maybe I could and probably would admire the ability shown on the pitch but that's where it ends for me. Some of the fellows I've known over the years have been absolute idiots but they sure could play.

I'm with you here ORF. I'm not knocking anyone's belief or perspectives, but I stopped idolising any footballer when I was late teens early 20's. Which funnily enough was around the time when PVH announced he was going on strike. All that has happened in the meantime is that a bang average footballer can now earn more in 1 week than many of us do in 52.

Idolise them? Do me a favour!

Players have to earn respect for me, and in all fairness, apart from perhaps Cohen who has at least shown a decent amount of loyalty to the club, not one other player at Forest gets any respect from me. Cohen also happens to be a thorougly nice bloke too.

Assombolonga has done what I and i'd imagine the majority of the worlds working population would do, and better hiomself in terms of financial security and incresed his chances of playing PL football. Hardly crime of the century and he's gone now, so who gives a fook about him? Not me that's for sure!

Old Red Fart - 17/8/2017 11:05

Simples.

I wasn't referring to you attending games ORF; I just gave you a definition of idolize.

The bit about attending was generic; if you (as in anyone) do not like or admire or enjoy what you are seeing you question its worth.

Apollyon - 17/8/2017 07:39

Yes seriously seriously Tom

He was supported through a serious injury (we have to though don't we so no pat on the back) rewarding with a huge contract not long after a return to fitness.

Jarman and Britt clealry planned that with the release clause making them even richer.

If he went to the EPL, I would get it. A bid comes in from a EPL side and he wants to go for his career and prove himself. But thats not what happened. Hes not gone to that shit hole for his CV, hes gone for a big fat fook off pay cheque, one that realistically at his age he didn't even need.

He could have taken stock at the end of this season and looked at where he was career wise, he's 24 ffs

"God brought him to Middlesbrough"

As Sid says, he won't give a fook.

His goals kept us up is a fooking ridiculous statement. Tell me where you sit and ill come and boo you too

Looking at one game in isolation and then claiming his goals kept us up is lunacy.

What if Smith had not have made that save; would he have been responsible for sending us down?

Would he fook!

Well said PVH. Always amuses how juvenile some people get when an ex player is mentioned and in particular one who was probably highly regarded, left for a significant fee and/or a large wage increase. I don't really understand how him being injured has very much to do with perceived loyalty and all that. He was injured, he was a contracted player and an asset to the club, ergo of course they are going to try and rehab him as quickly as possible.

Those who speak of loyalty need a reality check. What about loyalty to his family and ensuring the best possible opportunities for them? Better promotion prospects and a massive pay rise. Also considering how fickle our fans are, I remember not so long ago a few were talking like he was the weak link in the side.

I'm gutted he left but for that fee, I'd of driven him up to Boro myself.

BlackGold - 17/8/2017 12:37

toms - 17/8/2017 07:18

Seriously? The guy kept us in the championship. If we had lost against Ipswich and been relegated and Britt had then left, would that have been acceptable?

I don't begrudge someone taking a step up in their career, which boro currently are at the moment. Was very disappointed to see him go and would love him to still be in our team but football is short career and getting 60 k a week is too good an offer for anyone (particularly if you've had a knee injury which may recur ala chris cohen)

I believe its 40k pw and is automatically increased to 60pw if boro achieve promotion this year.
He demonstrated 0% loyalty for a 33% increase, and the hope boro gain promotion.

This is why i'll be booing the ****.

Mao, I was a bit tongue in cheek there, know what you intended. My overall view doesn't change though, to me these are just ordinary blokes doing a job and where they're so fortunate to be well paid for doing a job that most of us would pay to do.

I don't blame Britt for his actions, he has to do the best he can for himself and his family. I might have done the same. But he's never going to earn respect and he probably doesn't give a dam.

I'm just hoping that he doesn't do too much damage on Saturday.

Wouldn't mind being there.

:7: