Brighton v Tottenham Hotspur | Page 3 | Vital Football

Brighton v Tottenham Hotspur

No Eriksen! That's a step too far. He needs a strong man in midfield to do the dirty work-Dembele or Sissoko so he can drift around the penalty area where he can create & take chances.

Don't know why he's making these changes. Perhaps bit of everything, rest, different formations, different tactics, potential fall-outs, injuries, or may be he's trying some radical changes in an attempt to take us to the next level. Whatever it is, it ain't working so far. Last couple of seasons you wouldn't be so far out predicting the starting line-ups, but now you may as well draw names out of the hat.

Honestly is there any reason Kane, Erikson, Dier, and Dembele should be starting this match??

The guys on the bench that are fighting to start should be pissed and wondering WTF!!!

If the young dudes are eager and chomping at the bit...release the damn hounds, it is time. The ship is in danger of sinking...will someone step up and frecking have the courage to change things up!!!

thought Eriksen looked better vs Inter tbh. He's also not easy to replace in terms of creativity, and that's been one of our weakest areas lately.

Agree Dier should be dropped... Kane should be rested, probably Dembele too.

thought Eriksen looked better vs Inter tbh. He's also not easy to replace in terms of creativity, and that's been one of our weakest areas lately.

Dier and Dembele are enforcers in MF , not sure I'm happy in resting both.

Where's Vincent Jensen ???

Is that a rhetorical question? If not, injured until December hence why he didn’t go anywhere in the Summer. Who knows, come Jan, he could become the player we need, but then I stopped believing in miracles the day I saw my Dad filling my Christmas stocking in the night!

LOL yeah think I overstepped with Erikson...

Either way I think most of us agree/hope MP makes some changes.

Its a big boost for us that Gross is out for Brighton. His tenacity and spark is a huge loss for them if he is out. For us, Poch needs to be so much smarter with rotation. He won't bench Kane because a) he's captain in Lloris's absence and b) it's almost worse to bench a striker who is having a crisis of confidence. The ideal situation is for Kane to score fairly early and then sub him early. Lucas and Eriksen are must starts for me and if Poch doesn't start with Wanyama and Winks in CM he's not rotating properly. Dier and Dembele look unfit, unfocused and injured in Dembele's case.

Personally, I'm not liking what I'm seeing from Dier this season and I'm a big fan of the lad. He needs to pull his socks up.

Poch’s recent comments (in relation to this game) seem like a badly cloaked dig at ENIC!

"I am going to stick with the club, I am not going to criticise the club.
"All the decisions are our decisions and of course we are always with the club until the end. Maybe still here in five years or maybe in one week we are not here, but I will always talk well about the club and help them to achieve all they want."

I feel a bit of a traitor writing this as I live in Brighton,but Spurs are in my genes. Brighton beat Arsenal & Utd at home this year,basically because they played poorly & sat back allowing Brighton to build their rather ponderous attacks.Spurs need to smash Brighton with high energy attacking football, not sit back. Sorry Chris.

No way you play a Keeper who's just lost 3 in a row. Unless you may be a madman...

______Gazzinga_____
Tripp_Toby_Vert_Rose
________Amos_______
___Eriksen__Winks___
Lamela__________Son
_________Lucas_______

[Vorm, Kane, Snchz, Aurier, Victor, Dele, KWP]

Spurs 4 - FlyinRats 0
(Lucas, Son, Tripp, Toby)

COYS!

No way you play a Keeper who's just lost 3 in a row. Unless you may be a madman...

______Gazzinga_____
Tripp_Toby_Vert_Rose
________Amos_______
___Eriksen__Winks___
Lamela__________Son
_________Lucas_______

[Vorm, Kane, Snchz, Aurier, Victor, Dele, KWP]

Spurs 4 - FlyinRats 0
(Lucas, Son, Tripp, Toby)

COYS!

...or no way you change your keeper for the third time after only 5 league games!

Could backfire even more so than sticking with Vorm!

Dont know what to hope for in this match. It is really just hope because we have been poor so far this season even when we won.
Don't envy the task on Poch's hands. U are looking at like 9 out of 11 players who are crap in most of the games. How are you gonna change that? And not to mention a shallow bench. Just pray.

I don't hope, I expect a win. Poch has said he is rotating which I like. If we are to get through this season without players breaking down he has no choice. Also introduction of youngsters too I want to see. I want Moura, Winks, Sanchez , Foyth to gain more PL experience to make them first choice at that level. This is a building season.

Has anyone seen the subs list? Who’s Whiteman? Just looked it up. He’s an under 23 GK. What’s Pochettino up to now?