Brian Moore's Head | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brian Moore's Head

I contributed a few times to BMH. My swansong was the Gills anagram 11 edition that I still have.
He's Real Net Shandy,
Gutsy Brute
and Shabby 'Arry
Some of my finest creative work!

Eddie Alcorn now writes regularly for the matchday program but I do miss the jollity of the fanzine.

Andy Hess
Guy Butters
Barry Ashby

Can you do any with the current lot?

I will always remember the report of an away match at Mansfield, I think.

The BMH described Paul Hague lolloping down the pitch with his tongue hanging out.

I've still got a bundle of issues. At the time they were a lifeline for me because the only other information I could get out here was the World Service and the newspaper cuttings that my dad sent me. Of all the various clubs' fanzines, BMH was one of the best. I liked the cartoon strip with Aztec Gills as well.

I was acquainted with the writers and I think I contributed an article on German football once. Several of them are writing for the official programme these days, and they're always a good read.

I have every BMH printed from issue 1 to 106 and kept them pristine. Most turn up on ebay every now and then. Also around at the time but harder to find now were "A Donkey's Tale" - which ran for about 5 or 6 issues, "Capital Gills" for London based fans and a 1 off fanzine which is mega scarce called "A stick of blue celery" issued for our first game in 2000/01.
Capital Gills I remember that. There was a supporters group called Capital Gills and we used to meet at a pub somewhere in London in the late 80s,but can,t remember where. Nick Caspar i think used to turn up and I remember Gills 58 was a regular and always seemed to be continually ranting about Maggie Thatcher.... and of course the softly spoken Rick Goby, who, come to think of it, sounded like agent X20 from Thunderbirds..
Whatever happened to him ?!

Capital Gills I remember that. There was a supporters group called Capital Gills and we used to meet at a pub somewhere in London in the late 80s,but can,t remember where. Nick Caspar i think used to turn up and I remember Gills 58 was a regular and always seemed to be continually ranting about Maggie Thatcher.... and of course the softly spoken Rick Goby, who, come to think of it, sounded like agent X20 from Thunderbirds..
...Stingray even before i get bollxcked by similarly aged devotees

Yes, spot on Billy, especialy the bit about me ranting on about Thatcher.

I'm still in contact with Nick.
I was also.wondering what happened to Rick - lovely bloke.

Pubs varied according to where we played darts. Can't remember our home one but near Charing Cross iirc.

Yes, spot on Billy, especialy the bit about me ranting on about Thatcher.

I'm still in contact with Nick.
I was also.wondering what happened to Rick - lovely bloke.

Pubs varied according to where we played darts. Can't remember our home one but near Charing Cross iirc.
Thats right i think it was just off Fleet Street. I can’t help feeling Rick must have kicked the bucket as I haven,t seen him around since the early 90s and he was a superfan.

in those post dark times the humour was brilliant got a few back copies laying around and they are still funny to read. real Kentish irony