brexit truth. | Page 6 | Vital Football

brexit truth.

However, I also think the disingenuous power grab from the Republic or Ireland and EU and lack of respect for the sovereignty of Northern Ireland as part of the UK has been disgusting.

Not so much disgusting as inequitable and unworkable.

The Republic wants to stay in its union (EU) and NI wants to stay in its union (UK), but only NI is cut off and has to deal with the repercussions of not being able to have a hard border. The Republic needs to meet NI half way, even if it means standing up to the EU in pursuit of a practical compromise. I think Sefkovic is adopting a more concilitary tone, which offers more hope than before.

The problem post the Brexit vote was Varadkar.
He decided to play billy big bollax on the european stage when his country would have been better served had he played the honest broker between the two factions.
It’s commonplace within small Eu countries.
Remember the PM of Luxembourg taking May to talk to and Muscat from Malta ticking off Johnson.
Membership of the Eu has given these financial minnows an over inflated status.
Martin is far more sensible than Varadkar and better for his country.

Von der Leyen announced the formation of a European military force this morning including subsidies of zero vat for European arms manufacturers.
Also a European cyber hub for military purposes.
Quite a long way from the common market that our parents voted for.

Clearly fake news. The idea that the EU wants its own army is and always will be a pro-Brexit conspiracy theory.
😂 I watched it live on CNBC this morning.
I was also surprised that she did the entire speech in English when it is only the language of two tiny Eu countries 😉

Coincidence that Eu announced the new military policy on the same day that Aukus is announced ?

Clearly fake news. The idea that the EU wants its own army is and always will be a pro-Brexit conspiracy theory.

Really? I thought it was reported that Macron actually mentioned that aim to Trump, which went down like a bowl of cold sick with Donny and only increased his dislike of the EU.

Coincidence that Eu announced the new military policy on the same day that Aukus is announced ?
& also, coincidentally (?), the contract for the sale to Australia by the French "Naval Group" of 12 submarines for approx 34 billion euros, concluded in 2016, was torn up yesterday by Scott Morrison, the Australian,PM at the White House.....
As Australia now prefers to do business with the US & the UK instead......

& also, coincidentally (?), the contract for the sale to Australia by the French "Naval Group" of 12 submarines for approx 34 billion euros, concluded in 2016, was torn up yesterday by Scott Morrison, the Australian,PM at the White House.....
As Australia now prefers to do business with the US & the UK instead......
Reliable partners in case of conflict ?

Haven't heard much triumphalism about our vaccine programme compared to the EU lately.

I give it 50/50 we have to have special measures/big surge in deaths and hospitalisations this winter.

Reliable partners in case of conflict ?

Australia is obviously part of the Five Star intelligence grouping and they share the same concerns as the US and UK in terms of China. New Zealand has been less critical of China and hasn't been harrassed politically as Australia has.

Also, the submarines to be built under Aukus will be nuclear powered whereas the deal with France was for more conventional (diesel powered I think) power which is considered vastly inferior to nuclear powered versions. This is ignoring all the hassles the French companies had with building the submarines even pre-Covid.

I give it 50/50 we have to have special measures/big surge in deaths and hospitalisations this winter.

Personally I'd give it 99.99% chance that there will be a big surge in deaths and hospitalisations this winter on the basis that there is always a surge of deaths and hospitalisations due to viral infections every winter.

Haven't heard much triumphalism about our vaccine programme compared to the EU lately.

Considering at the end of August the EU had fully vaccinated over 70% of all EU adults whereas I believe the UK is slighty less (due to those pesky young people) then we are in no position to boast we ar better than the EU. And the EU are doing better than us despite giving away several hundred millions of vaccines to poorer countries.

There was very little triumphalism in the first place. Most of the triumphalism came from EU lovers pointing at UK death rates. Sick bastards.

Most of the noise came out of the EU whinging about delayed supplies of Astra Zeneca, even after they had initially delayed their order and then Macron was simultaneously slagging it off.

They were always going to catch up, and it was in everyone's interest that they did so, if international travel was ever to be allowed again.

Not really a subject for national point scoring.

well there's now no language barrier & business is business, of course ... keep it in the new pact
I think it was more of a technology issue to be honest Giles.
Nuclear as opposed to diesel.
It’s understandable that the French are gutted on losing such a big contract.
£47 billion apparently, is being reported in the U.K.

I think it was more of a technology issue to be honest Giles.
Nuclear as opposed to diesel.
It’s understandable that the French are gutted on losing such a big contract.
£47 billion apparently, is being reported in the U.K.

Dare say that some of the new subs will be built in Barrow.