Brexit Day! | Page 41 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is though, you can’t answer the questions but you voted for that situation.
I really do struggle to understand that point.
The thing is the trade with the EU will continue, it will be more difficult and complicated and cost more, and ultimately its people like us that will pay that cost but get nothing extra for it.
Trade is world wide these days, and business will move to the line of least resistance to manufacture.
If it cost £10 to make a product in the EU and £12 in the U.K. because of the additional costs of tariffs etc, where do you think manufacturing will take place? And that is something we cannot control.

And as been pointed many times, unless you have a customs agreement in place, you trade under WTO rules, so tariffs have to be applied equally to every trading country. You cannot randomly apply tariffs.

There is no benefit to not having a Customs Union, with the EU and that’s what our Government should be aiming for.

As I alluded to originally, nobody knows what workers rights will be, but the signs aren’t good.
But as you say, we need to wait and see.

What is more concerning is that Patel is targeting the ‘economically inactive’ apparently 8m people to ‘fill spaces’.
Where have these 8m people been for the last few years, not recorded on the employment charts for sure.
And that makes you think that these people probably are not looking for work, particularly full time work.
Would you, as a business owner, want to spend money training staff like that who may not be around very long. And what if its contract labour, as much of the lower paid/short term employment is?Would you pay to train somebody who isn’t your employee?
And she goes onto say that companies who can’t find staff will have rely on yet to be invented automation. That really is a plan?
Intensive training and hardware installation costs serious money, which somebody has to pay for.
You were an accountant, you understand the needs of business finance if a company is to survive.

I believe in the U.K., I have no faith in Government.
Before the referendums (Scottish one too) the U.K. was doing well. We were gradually taking a lead in the EU and dictating direction.
We have now had nearly 4 years of distraction and indecision.
We have now left the EU, and nothing has changed.

The EU is now a competitor, that’s our choice. Don’t expect them to help the UK, because they don’t need to.
Right now they have much more to gain from the continued self destruction being proposed by Boris and Co

You talk about tariffs, but assume that something will cost £12 to make in the UK and only £10 to make in the EU. But what if it's the other way round? We already have tariffs with the world. What if we sign deals with countries that have more raw materials. What if we have no tariffs on car parts, but tariffs on completed cars? The government is now in a position to influence these things. I must admit, I don't have a lot of faith in our government, but I have a lot more faith in them than I do the EU.

You said in a previous post that the Euro has nothing to do with the UK. It doesn't directly, but the ERM failed, and yet the EU is stupid enough to try an even more rigid version . It was relatively easy to get out of the ERM, but will Italy, Greece etc ever manage to escape the Euro.

I don't see leaving the EU as a panacea to cure all ills, though it's rather ironic that I get criticised for not seeing any downsides to leaving the EU (yes there will be some), but none of the Remainers seem to see any advantages.

I'm actually one of the few (and frequently the only person) who actually tries to explain what I consider the benefits of Leaving the EU. I respect your well informed and educated posts, and in your case (and any others) I am sorry if Brexit has caused you to suffer. I still believe I have the right (along with millions of other people) to hold the view we will generally be better off outside the EU, without being told to jump under a tram, or being called uneducated, thick, an idiot, a racist, unable to understand. I really don't see why I should have to explain in detail how the UK should deal with the Irish border, tariffs etc any more than I would expect you to explain in detail as to whether or not the EU should have a trillion euro budget, exactly what they should and shouldn't spend it on, spend money on CAP, their border policy, what they should do with the Irish border , how they will cure the Euro problems etc.

Pope that's an interesting point that you have raised. I wonder how the economics stack up, and appreciate that it's not easy to hazard a guess. But would any or all of those countries be able to exist on their own or are they being helped by being part of the UK.

Genuine question.

It isn't about faith. The negotiators' cards are on the table for all to see. Or hand is weaker than theirs. It won't end well for us.

You talk about tariffs, but assume that something will cost £12 to make in the UK and only £10 to make in the EU. But what if it's the other way round? We already have tariffs with the world. What if we sign deals with countries that have more raw materials. What if we have no tariffs on car parts, but tariffs on completed cars? The government is now in a position to influence these things. I must admit, I don't have a lot of faith in our government, but I have a lot more faith in them than I do the EU.

You said in a previous post that the Euro has nothing to do with the UK. It doesn't directly, but the ERM failed, and yet the EU is stupid enough to try an even more rigid version . It was relatively easy to get out of the ERM, but will Italy, Greece etc ever manage to escape the Euro.

I don't see leaving the EU as a panacea to cure all ills, though it's rather ironic that I get criticised for not seeing any downsides to leaving the EU (yes there will be some), but none of the Remainers seem to see any advantages.

I'm actually one of the few (and frequently the only person) who actually tries to explain what I consider the benefits of Leaving the EU. I respect your well informed and educated posts, and in your case (and any others) I am sorry if Brexit has caused you to suffer. I still believe I have the right (along with millions of other people) to hold the view we will generally be better off outside the EU, without being told to jump under a tram, or being called uneducated, thick, an idiot, a racist, unable to understand. I really don't see why I should have to explain in detail how the UK should deal with the Irish border, tariffs etc any more than I would expect you to explain in detail as to whether or not the EU should have a trillion euro budget, exactly what they should and shouldn't spend it on, spend money on CAP, their border policy, what they should do with the Irish border , how they will cure the Euro problems etc.
The sense of victimhood is palpable and is a massive part of the hard right identity.

You have not explained what the benefits are.

I have asked you two questions repeatedly. One is about a second referendum and one has been about the benefits.

You have refused to answer one and given a nothing answer to the second one.

I don't want to listen to 'believe in Britain'. That is nationalist bullshit that does nothing to compensate for the rights my children have lost for the rest of their lives. Nor will it compensate for the likely price rises we are going to see.

You have taken rights away from my children. I want you to specifically tell me what you intend for them to get in return.

[QUOTE="Lienking, post: 2203839,
.[/QUOTE]
Here’s one. The billionaires can now hide their tax dodges. Oh, wait, that is only good for them. I guess the poorer Brits can pick up the slack. Maybe that nice Mr Johnson will deal with it... oh look, a flying pig! Super.

I was just reading that Barrow voted Tory for the first time in over 30 years to get Brexit done. Today McBride closed it's factory there to transfer production to Europe in order to survive Brexit. 106 jobs lost. I bet they are happy they voted Tory. More to come methinks.

Fuck em and a lot more to come

Idiots

Every fucking one of them

NO SHAME

Tariffs are only part of the problem, border/customs checks are now planned.
That’s time and costs both importing the parts and shipping out the completed product that currently doesn’t exist.
Our Government can indeed impose zero tariffs on the imports, but there will still be delays in the logistics and that is cost.
On exports, we have no control, so if the EU or US or anywhere else imposed tariffs on goods from the U.K., our Government can do nothing.
In the case of the EU the product owner is having a cost imposed on him to enter a market that he currently has free access too, and that will affect his profitability, so what’s his choice?
Increase prices? Absorb costs? Or move to the market zone, avoid the tariffs, customs delays, logistics problems and carry on as they do now?

That surely makes even more sense if the UK decides to have lower/zero tariffs than the EU.

In the case of the car industry this is particularly relevant as none of the car companies are British.
And even if they deny it, I can guarantee that there was an element of that thinking in McBrides Barrow closure decision.

Now you may feel that is an unfair and the EU being obstructive, but the U.K. is now a competitor, and like every other competitor, we have to accept they are going to work for their bloc. They have no reason to help us, particularly as the new EU/Japan agreement has come into force ( with the Canada Deal on its heals).
It will be the same with the US, China, India Japan etc, etc.

The Euro is irrelevant to the U.K. other than it has been a financial cash cow for the City.
No Deal or Canada Deal will destroy the current free access we have to that market, because rather than having a single European Licence, U.K. based companies will need individual licences in each country they operate in....or move their base to within the EU. Frankfurt, Paris and Amsterdam are all lobbying hard for the business.
Being in the EU and and having our own strong currency has been and continues to be very good for the U.K.

I have no faith in the U.K. Government to achieve anything. There is very little in the last 50+ years to suggest they can, and I don’t see that changing in the future.
Just about every major decision they have made since the Beeching Act as ended up being detrimental to the U.K.
To think that will change, when there is no evidence to the contrary is fanciful.
The EU has many problems, you correctly highlight a few, and no I do not like a lot of what happens.
Politicians and politics change all the time, particularly if strongly influenced. That will continue, we would have been better off being in that EU mix trying to influence that change.

Even if you don’t like the politics, it is still not a good enough reason to cut off free access to the largest trading bloc in the world and pretend that we have a better model. I wonder what the consensus will be when we have had a decade of this Tory Government?

You know my position on Brexit, I don’t like it and didn’t think it should happen.
It has, so it’s time to move forward, and we could do that and still minimise the economic damage but this Government seems intent on inflicting as much as possible just for political posturing.

Bottom line is, other than a few nutters, most of those 17.4 million leave voters didn’t give a damn about the future relationship, they just wanted Brexit done.
The Government could have just implemented Cameron’s ‘remain’ Deal, spun the story, got it done in a year, and avoided any significant damage to the country and Union.
Brexit done, took back control, we all move on, and the vast majority of the 17.4 million satisfied that their democratic decision had been upheld.
Instead this.

I appreciate your thoughts on my personal position. As I have said, I am fortunate. My three boys are all grown up, one has emigrated, one is planning to do so by the year end (nothing to do with Brexit) and the other is in a job that allows him to be based where he likes and travel accordingly.
I always wanted to retire to France, circumstances and opportunity (again nothing to do with Brexit) have decreed that this is earlier than anticipated, but I get to live my dream, and I am excited by that.

My business has to go, again that wasn’t planned this early, but that’s life, who knows what’s around the corner.
I have stated preparing for the move by emptying the loft. Yesterday we finally unpacked the last box from the previous move 17 years ago. So I guess we are finally ‘in’.
One of the items was a photo of my old college mates. It was a bit of an eye opener to realise half of them where dead.
Makes you think a bit.

Last edited:
Pope the women in charge of question time is Alison fuller Pedley

She has shared Britain First posts in the past

And people think the BBC has not been taken over by right wing nut jobs

It does make me laugh when people spout shit about an industry they have no experience in

The blame lies initially with Tony Blair

You may not like to hear it but it is how it started

And there you have it the lady on question times name is Sherri Peach formerly known as Sherri Bothwell, somebody who ran to become an MP as a member of the National Front and is also married to Roy Peach who was also an election candidate for the National Front

Surprise surprise they both have links to the BNP

You may not still believe me but the BBC has a 5th column started by Tony Blair...I know I know he is your Messiah and can do no wrong but he started the rot

Also just another example for you

Attachments

• BBCrightwing.jpg
    BBCrightwing.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 4
The sense of victimhood is palpable and is a massive part of the hard right identity.

You have not explained what the benefits are.

I have asked you two questions repeatedly. One is about a second referendum and one has been about the benefits.

You have refused to answer one and given a nothing answer to the second one.

I don't want to listen to 'believe in Britain'. That is nationalist bullshit that does nothing to compensate for the rights my children have lost for the rest of their lives. Nor will it compensate for the likely price rises we are going to see.

You have taken rights away from my children. I want you to specifically tell me what you intend for them to get in return.

You refuse to see the answer, but I have answer your questions numerous times.

1) Democracy. ALL decisions made by our directly elected government.
2) Better economy
3) Better wages for the lower paid.
4) Better education and training for UK workers
5) Trading with the World
6) Making our own trade deals to benefit the UK
7) Setting our own tariffs to benefit the UK
8) Control of migration
9) Saving £10 billion per year
10) Keeping the money we take in tariffs
11) Not being effectively fined by the EU for increasing GDP
12) Ability to react to economic problems
13) Being able to financially support our own industries
14) Not having to pay another billion pounds for EHIC cards
15) Setting our own VAT rates
16) Not having to conform to the imminent EU standardisation of tax

Think you will find I've mentioned all of these before, but you just choose to ignore them.

Not sure what you mean by "you've asked me about a second referendum". I've answered that numerous times as well. We had a referendum. We were promised the result would be implemented. How many referendums were we offered on the Lisbon treaty, the Maastricht treaty etc. You will get another vote in five years if you want to rejoin .

You keep going on about your loss of rights. As I've said before, if the EU believe that it's in their interests to have UK workers freely move to the EU, why would they stop it? They will stop it though, because they don't see us as in independent nation like Japan, Canada etc. they believe they have the right to force their ideologies on us. They obviously don't think that our freedom of movement to the EU benefits them, it's something we have to give something for.

And there you have it the lady on question times name is Sherri Peach formerly known as Sherri Bothwell, somebody who ran to become an MP as a member of the National Front and is also married to Roy Peach who was also an election candidate for the National Front

You may not still believe me but the BBC has a 5th column started by Tony Blair...I know I know he is your Messiah and can do no wrong but he started the rot

Her she is:
Good grief the state of it

The dumb bitch cannot even understand how a leasehold works

So one of the thousands of people who have made into the QT audience was in the BNP. What exactly does that prove ? Plus someone from UKIP made it into the audience? Here's some fine examples of people the BBC actually allowed to question the Tory leadership candidates.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9328914/bbc-failed-tell-viewers-tory-debate-guest-worked-labour/

Last edited:

You keep saying this.

I have no idea either way whether what you say is true or not. It's not my industry nor expertise so I have little choice but to take your word for it and trust that you know what you are talking about.

My own concern is more around how evidently shit scared the BBC are of upsetting the right wing, largely because of the threats by Farage and Johnson to destroy the BBC. .

I personally think that Farage's unfeasible number of appearances, the BBCs reluctance to call out right wing hypocrisy or behaviour and their packaging of clips of BNP woman mouthing xenophobic drivel is probably more likely to do with that

But if you say there is a 5th column in the BBC from Blair's days, fine

So one of the thousands of people who have made into the QT audience was in the BNP. What exactly does that prove ? Plus someone from UKIP made it into the audience? Her's some fine examples of people the BBC actually allowed to question the Tory leadership candidates.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9328914/bbc-failed-tell-viewers-tory-debate-guest-worked-labour/

So one of the thousands of people who have made into the QT audience was in the BNP. What exactly does that prove ? Plus someone from UKIP made it into the audience? Here's some fine examples of people the BBC actually allowed to question the Tory leadership candidates.

Seriously dude the amount of times that people have been caught out as right wing and Tory plants in just the last year is ridiculous

You have had producers relatives and friends been given time on multiple occasions and also have had some who have had make up adjustments too

But that is just in the last year I am talking about the BBC on the whole over the last 2 decades especially in the news departments and TV is a field that I know a thing or 2 about

Last edited:
Newscorp up for sale. Murdoch loses £40+ M in Sun this year. Looks like de fun is getting his wish. Suits me as well.

Newscorp up for sale. Murdoch loses £40+ M in Sun this year. Looks like de fun is getting his wish. Suits me as well.

He is making losses in traditional news sources like Papers but that has been in decline for every outlet

They are also getting shit for the phone hacking crap... in real terms 50-60m is fuck all to him

However they make up for it online

Not on the same level as the Daily Mail but close enough

So much damage is done to the minds of the people of this country by a few non residents, non nationals or people who don't pay tax in this country

Last edited:
I personally think that Farage's unfeasible number of appearances, the BBCs reluctance to call out right wing hypocrisy or behaviour and their packaging of clips of BNP woman mouthing xenophobic drivel is probably more likely to do with that

But if you say there is a 5th column in the BBC from Blair's days, fine

Rather funny that Labour now see Tony Blair as a right wing fascist ! On a slightly more serious note there is a logical reason why Farage has been on QT so much. Only 25% of MPs voted to leave. If the BBC are going to get a 50/50 split of remainers and leavers (though they don't), the Leave MPs on average would have to be on 3 times each compared to each appearance by a Remain MP. Also there is always a Labour MP and a Conservative MP. These are chosen from a large pool of MPs, whereas the less frequent appearances from UKIP/Brexit Party , Green Party, Liberals come from a much smaller pool.

Rather funny that Labour now see Tony Blair as a right wing fascist ! On a slightly more serious note there is a logical reason why Farage has been on QT so much. Only 25% of MPs voted to leave. If the BBC are going to get a 50/50 split of remainers and leavers (though they don't), the Leave MPs on average would have to be on 3 times each compared to each appearance by a Remain MP. Also there is always a Labour MP and a Conservative MP. These are chosen from a large pool of MPs, whereas the less frequent appearances from UKIP/Brexit Party , Green Party, Liberals come from a much smaller pool.
I didn't realise Farage was an MP. Interesting. You're full of interesting truths.

Seriously dude the amount of times that people have been caught out as right wing and Tory plants in just the last year is ridiculous

You have had producers relatives and friends been given time on multiple occasions and also have had some who have had make up adjustments too

But that is just in the last year I am talking about the BBC on the whole over the last 2 decades especially in the news departments and TV is a field that I know a thing or 2 about

You keep saying this, but provide no evidence. As I've said before, if you draw a left right line and stand on the very left, the Marxists look right wing. No one came up with a reason why on Brexit day the BBC news did the studio up in EU colours. They failed to broadcast BJs speech, and worst of all produced a programme for kids that many ethnic MPs have judged to be racist, along with a performance by a well known anti-Brexit MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.