Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 405 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

If he’s after a pound of flesh it just reaffirms the view Patel had on him. Sounds bitter and twisted. I suspect the government are delighted. Won’t be the last I suspect as they try and flush the bog...............

She wants someone to do her bidding. The role of the civil service, whilst still implementing/delivering on the wishes of the government, is also to offer considered and impartial advice on the issues of the day. It sounds like she's just too arrogant, pig-headed, ignorant, or blinkered to take it.

Not sure how you get your conclusion re the pound of flesh. If I had been forced out of my role by someone who I thought had been bullying my team, there's no way I'd have gone quietly.

As for your "flush the bog" comment ..... you sound almost as pathetic as your mate Donald.

.......Re Cummings apparently he has authority to hire and fire spads, jurisdiction over ARPA and other govt projects, possibly even the civil service. Clearly hasn’t wasted time 😂

That's why Javid resigned. It's frightening ............. we left the EU to supposedly "take back control", and instead, Johnson seems intent on giving it to a bloke who's never had a proper job (other than working for the Tory party in one guise or another) and who appears to have the photo evidence of all Johnson's wrongdoings, given his apparently total hold over him.

Sad.

She wants someone to do her bidding. The role of the civil service, whilst still implementing/delivering on the wishes of the government, is also to offer considered and impartial advice on the issues of the day. It sounds like she's just too arrogant, pig-headed, ignorant, or blinkered to take it.

Not sure how you get your conclusion re the pound of flesh. If I had been forced out of my role by someone who I thought had been bullying my team, there's no way I'd have gone quietly.

As for your "flush the bog" comment ..... you sound almost as pathetic as your mate Do

It appears the issue has been bubbling long before her appointment. Clearly there have been leaks to force her out. It hasn’t worked. He knows his position is untenable, has resigned and in doing so is still trying to bring her down. We don’t know what’s occurred, but strong leadership and wanting better performance better doesn’t automatically means someone is being bullied.

That's why Javid resigned. It's frightening ............. we left the EU to supposedly "take back control", and instead, Johnson seems intent on giving it to a bloke who's never had a proper job (other than working for the Tory party in one guise or another) and who appears to have the photo evidence of all Johnson's wrongdoings, given his apparently total hold over him.

He gets a lot of grief from losers and the left wing because he’s successful at what he does and out foxes them at every turn. Long may it continue.

It appears the issue has been bubbling long before her appointment. Clearly there have been leaks to force her out. It hasn’t worked. He knows his position is untenable, has resigned and in doing so is still trying to bring her down. We don’t know what’s occurred, but strong leadership and wanting better performance better doesn’t automatically means someone is being bullied.............

Not sure what you mean here. "The issue"?. Isn't the issue that he accused Patel of lying about him?

I appreciate that you want to think the best of Patel, so let's just see what comes out.

............He gets a lot of grief from losers and the left wing because he’s successful at what he does and out foxes them at every turn. Long may it continue.

Here, I really can't understand how two faced you're being. You like him. I get that. I don't, and so I want to vote him out ...................... oh, hold on a minute. I can't because the scruffy arse isn't elected by anyone. As I said earlier, where's the "taking back control" here?

As for being successful and out foxing folk, he was absolutely screwed during the summer. Every step they took failed. As I've said before, if Corbyn's ego hadn't got in the way, he'd be a busted flush by now.

Not sure what you mean here. "The issue"?. Isn't the issue that he accused Patel of lying about him?

I appreciate that you want to think the best of Patel, so let's just see what comes out.

And it’s reported he was the one undermining her by briefing against her, or at least doing nothing to stop it. Who to believe?

I will say that this bloke seems someone slippery. Disappeared completely and hung Rudd out to dry when she took the rap and was forced out by the Windrush scandal. And I don’t like Rudd.

Here, I really can't understand how two faced you're being. You like him. I get that. I don't, and so I want to vote him out ...................... oh, hold on a minute. I can't because the scruffy arse isn't elected by anyone. As I said earlier, where's the "taking back control" here?

As for being successful and out foxing folk, he was absolutely screwed during the summer. Every step they took failed. As I've said before, if Corbyn's ego hadn't got in the way, he'd be a busted flush by now

He’s been appointed by the PM. As is his right. His role isn’t one where you can vote him out, it isn’t a tv talent contest. It’s just the same as Chief of Staff in the US which is a political appointee.

Every step they took they failed? A few bruising battles, but an overwhelming victory in the war.

Leadership contest ✅
Opening WA ✅
Brexit deal ✅
Securing GE ✅
Winning GE ✅
Achieving massive majority ✅
Destroying Labour ✅
Brexit deal passing ✅
Leaving EU ✅

Need I go on?

And it’s reported he was the one undermining her by briefing against her, or at least doing nothing to stop it. Who to believe?..............

The fact that he's effectively come right out and called her a liar suggests he's on very solid ground. I guess we'll soon see.

........I will say that this bloke seems someone slippery. Disappeared completely and hung Rudd out to dry when she took the rap and was forced out by the Windrush scandal. And I don’t like Rudd..............

"Slippery"? From all accounts I've seen, the most frequent adjectives to describe the man and his service have been dedicated, outstanding, principled, talented, hard working, loyal, trustworthy, etc. Slippery wasn't anywhere to be seen.

......He’s been appointed by the PM. As is his right. His role isn’t one where you can vote him out, it isn’t a tv talent contest. It’s just the same as Chief of Staff in the US which is a political appointee.......

And yet, he is dictating who elected politicians can and can't employ as their advisors. It stinks, and you know it.

....Every step they took they failed? A few bruising battles, but an overwhelming victory in the war.

Leadership contest ✅
Opening WA ✅
Brexit deal ✅
Securing GE ✅
Winning GE ✅
Achieving massive majority ✅
Destroying Labour ✅
Brexit deal passing ✅
Leaving EU ✅

Need I go on?

Leadership contest - Granted ........ though what a fecking choice !
WA - to get something previously rejected
Deal - Which he's already walking away from
GE - Should never have been allowed the option ................ and everything thereafter is irrelevant.

Prior to that ............ his government was the most hopeless in history. How many votes did he lose? it was a dead duck................... and Corbyn brought it back to life.

Every trick that Cummings tried failed. Every step was countered.

A three word slogan couldn't save him.

The fact that he's effectively come right out and called her a liar suggests he's on very solid ground. I guess we'll soon see.

‘Effectively’. It was a carefully worded statement. He was whining she hasn’t done enough to disassociate herself from comments, so did t believe her. He says the allegation he has briefed the media against the HS is false - I suspect it is, though doesn’t necessarily mean he hasn’t had a hand in it or hasn’t turned a blind eye to it.

"Slippery"? Slippery wasn't anywhere to be seen.

And neither was he when the shit hit the fan over Windrush.

And yet, he is dictating who elected politicians can and can't employ as their advisors. It stinks, and you know it.

That’s what he’s been tasked with. He’s doing his job.

Leadership contest - Granted ........ though what a fecking choice !
WA - to get something previously rejected
Deal - Which he's already walking away from
GE - Should never have been allowed the option ................ and everything thereafter is irrelevant.

Prior to that ............ his government was the most hopeless in history. How many votes did he lose? it was a dead duck................... and Corbyn brought it back to life.

Every trick that Cummings tried failed. Every step was countered.

A three word slogan couldn't save him.

Spoken like a true loser. He pushed the right buttons. He triumphed in spectacular fashion. You just can’t bring yourself to recognise it 😉

.....That’s what he’s been tasked with. He’s doing his job........

No, it's a level of authority never been given to the PM's advisor before. That's why Javid resigned. ................. unless of course you presume his job to be "whatever they want it to be" !

.....Spoken like a true loser. He pushed the right buttons. He triumphed in spectacular fashion. You just can’t bring yourself to recognise it 😉

:wagging: .......................:finger:

:yes:

;)

No, it's a level of authority never been given to the PM's advisor before. That's why Javid resigned. ................. unless of course you presume his job to be "whatever they want it to be" !

So this authority hasn’t been given to an advisor before. So what? Has to be a first time for everything otherwise nothing changes. Once you cut back the hysteria he’s just operating under the instruction of the PM. If the PM wasn’t happy he’d pull the plug.

Think I've said this before Moonay.....this thread should be renamed the Moonay and MiW tennis rally thread. Regardless what you say MiW will ALWAYS be right, in fact he's so right on everything there may well be a call from number 10 requesting his services.......your welcome Mr Salty 😉

So this authority hasn’t been given to an advisor before. So what? Has to be a first time for everything otherwise nothing changes. Once you cut back the hysteria he’s just operating under the instruction of the PM. If the PM wasn’t happy he’d pull the plug.
Hold on. who's pulling whose strings between Johnson and Cummings.

Johnson's sole contribution over the last week appears to have been to tell folk to wash their hands for 20 seconds.

I wish we could wash our hands of him, his sidekick and his band of incompetents.

Think I've said this before Moonay.....this thread should be renamed the Moonay and MiW tennis rally thread. Regardless what you say MiW will ALWAYS be right, in fact he's so right on everything there may well be a call from number 10 requesting his services.......your welcome Mr Salty 😉

No Jock ............ he'll always think he's right.

There's a difference.
;)

Totally agree. But a few Lefty snowflakes are the real problem apparently. NOT the imminent threat of a Climate Crisis.

It’s like mentioning austerity’s effect on the working class, Tories don’t wanna hear it because it makes them actually have to feel for their fellow man.

So instead blame; foreigners, the poorest in society, the working class and those fighting for social justice because they’re the real bad guys /s.

Would be funny if it wasn’t so awful.
This very thread demonstrates how lost the left has become. Each post is filled with wild generalisations, with their own prejudices in full view. Terms like Gammon, Far Right, Climate Denier are thrown around. Tory politicians, particularly Working Class & Minorities, are relentlessly attacked.

Your own post basically calls Tories inhuman and uncaring of their fellow man. That’s the language of extremism. Is it any wonder the country rejected this?

The Working Class you claim are being downtrodden. Are the ones that gave this government a huge majority. The ones who wanted a more common sense approach to issues like immigration. A stronger direction on Law & Order. Institutions like the Civil Service shaken up etc.

It seems everything the media and left get upset about actually has significant public backing.

Andrew Neil taking apart XR’s claims.

On the Patel ‘bullying’ situation the hypocrisy is there for all to see with how certain politician’s protected Bercow. Nevermind Rutnam’s ‘trail of disasters’.

No Jock ............ he'll always think he's right.

There's a difference.
;)

We only need to go back through this thread and look at the key issues and what side won/materialised. You’re inevitably on the wrong side of it, I’m invariably on the right of it. Jock was right first time, I am always right. 😄

This very thread demonstrates how lost the left has become. Each post is filled with wild generalisations, with their own prejudices in full view. Terms like Gammon, Far Right, Climate Denier are thrown around. Tory politicians, particularly Working Class & Minorities, are relentlessly attacked.

Come off it Studs. That could be switched to: far right, snowflake, etc ...... oh, and the phrase "climate denier" has not been used once.

Your own post basically calls Tories inhuman and uncaring of their fellow man. That’s the language of extremism. Is it any wonder the country rejected this?

You're making your own words up here, but nevertheless, maybe this is an example of where Richy was coming from ....

The Working Class you claim are being downtrodden. Are the ones that gave this government a huge majority. The ones who wanted a more common sense approach to issues like immigration. A stronger direction on Law & Order. Institutions like the Civil Service shaken up etc.

The huge majority was based on an election which was hijacked by bloke who was screwing up enormously. Did anyone actually vote for shaking up the civil service? Brexit was the only issue Johnson would talk about ....... oh, and those make believe hospitals and taking police numbers back up to where they were ten years ago when the Tories came into power.

On the Patel ‘bullying’ situation the hypocrisy is there for all to see with how certain politician’s protected Bercow. Nevermind Rutnam’s ‘trail of disasters’.

That's a fair point re Bercow. As for Rutnam, Windrush was certainly a disgrace. That said ............. wasn't he being told what to do by Government Ministers? We'll no doubt soon see who's telling the truth re him and Patel.

PS: I'm not subscribing to the Times to read that article.

We only need to go back through this thread and look at the key issues and what side won/materialised. You’re inevitably on the wrong side of it, I’m invariably on the right of it. Jock was right first time, I am always right. 😄

Of course you are ................ Have you commented on today's victory yet?
:rolleyes:
:whist:
:halo:
;)

Hold on. who's pulling whose strings between Johnson and Cummings.

Johnson's sole contribution over the last week appears to have been to tell folk to wash their hands for 20 seconds.

I wish we could wash our hands of him, his sidekick and his band of incompetents.

So you know exactly what he has been doing behind the scenes do you??? Please enlighten us all.

It’s eating away at you Moonay, it can’t be healthy. Conservatives are in place for at least the next 5 years. This hate will kill you.