Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 16 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Said it before and I'll say it again, we have an utterly inept prime minister and an even more useless opposition leader. It is little wonder we are in this mess. For me the only way out of this is for May to go now and someone who actually wants to leave installed in her place. Then call an election and hopefully the swamp can be drained a little. Of course it opens up the horror of a Corbyn government, in which case this current unwholly mess will be the least of everyone's concerns, but the risk needs to be taken to break the impasse of our withdrawal.

I think you give May too much credit - May isn't just usless she is cynically duplicitious and from day one has been hell bent on sabotaging Brexit from within. Thank God we still managed to stop her cancerous deal going through - the amount of Brexiteers who betrayed their principles for the party is shameful.

In years to come i think we will look back at the referendum and the start of major changes in our politics - it may take time for the real changes to take place but i think the fuse is lit now and there will be no going back. The bulk of our politicians have shown they don't care about representing the people or keeping promises so if they stabbed us in the back on the largest act of direct democracy to ever take place ever and tear up so many major manifesto promises how can we trust them with anything moving forward? None of the lot we have are fit for purpose and the whole country is united in their dissilussion like never before. The new Remainer party aren't the change they are just the MP's due to be deselected trying to cling to the gravy train - i think new parties will slowly start to emerge to fill the gap in the market and sweep up so many who feel politically homeless of voiceless.

If this stalling continues we will get a vote soon.. In the Euro elections. What a farce that would be.
A second referendum would also be interesting if the Euro lovers lost the vote again which with the disrespectful and greedy way the EU has treated our country is a definite possibility.
Could avoid this now and just follow the first referendum result and get out without a deal and don't pay the EU another penny.

i have spoke to loads of remainers lately who are as totally disillusioned by it all as the leavers, and many have changed their minds and just want out now.
Three years has passed, and Europe has changed in that time, it is no longer a harmonious group of countries.
Riots in France seem to be a monthly occurence, Germany and Greece are virtually bankcrupt, Italy and Spain have major internal problems, and we have all these mardyarse tossers who still want to be part of it.
We voted to leave, so get the fuck out now without a deal and face it. We are the 5th strongest economy in the world, it ain't going to affect us as bad as all the do gooders profess. If it does we will bounce back, we are Great Britain for Gods sake, we have faced bigger challenges than this over the years and risen back to the top and lived to fight another day.
Get a back bone you spineless gits and do what the majority of the country voted for and get us out of this mess.

i have spoke to loads of remainers lately who are as totally disillusioned by it all as the leavers, and many have changed their minds and just want out now.
Three years has passed, and Europe has changed in that time, it is no longer a harmonious group of countries.
Riots in France seem to be a monthly occurence, Germany and Greece are virtually bankcrupt, Italy and Spain have major internal problems, and we have all these mardyarse tossers who still want to be part of it.
We voted to leave, so get the fuck out now without a deal and face it. We are the 5th strongest economy in the world, it ain't going to affect us as bad as all the do gooders profess. If it does we will bounce back, we are Great Britain for Gods sake, we have faced bigger challenges than this over the years and risen back to the top and lived to fight another day.
Get a back bone you spineless gits and do what the majority of the country voted for and get us out of this mess.

Hopefully, we'll soon see the end of brexit, and become a part of a successful EU in the future.

Germany bankrupt!...you're having a laugh. Johnny, get your facts right....mind you, that's not a strength of the leave brigade, is it........telling the truth, I mean!

Mardyase tossers.
Do gooders???
Spineless.

With diplomacy like that, you'd be well suited to a life in politics! ?

I voted remain, but accept we should be leaving. A couple of thoughts though:

- given that this going to be "the easiest deal ever", I'm a little surprised we've not managed to do it., and

- why are Leavers now saying just get out regardless, when during the campaign, there was deemed to be "no downside" and "at least the same benefits"?

Cue Farage, and his revolution.

Perhaps matters should just be simplified instead of allowing all this hand wringing by MPs who all have their own agendas and self interest. The referendum result was leave. It's clear there is no consensus on how to do so and it should have been left to the government to decide instead of the house. As such we should do what it says on the tin and just leave without a deal. If people don't like it, tough.

That's just it though MiW....... the government are split 3 ways!

By the way..... the tin didn't say leave without a deal. In fact, all of the tin salesmen said it contained a wonderful, tasty, easy deal. Not a whole load of nothing.

That's just it though MiW....... the government are split 3 ways!

By the way..... the tin didn't say leave without a deal. In fact, all of the tin salesmen said it contained a wonderful, tasty, easy deal. Not a whole load of nothing.

Sorry Moonay I feel I need to correct you. The part of the deal that you refer to as being "easy" was for the negotiation of a trade deal and not the withdrawal. We haven't got to that part yet so its wrong to deride that statement.

Also the tin didn't say we would leave with a deal, it just said "leave".

If the EU had not been so stubborn and allowed a trade deal to be negotiated alongside the withdrawal agreement we would have a better idea of what the future holds and the backstop would possibly not be the obstacle it has become. Unfortunately our leaders were not strong enough to stand up to the "bullies" and insist that before they took our £39 billion pound "dinner money" we got a positive future assured by means of a trade deal.

Fair point TB, but with no withdrawal agreement, the omens wouldn't appear favourable!

As for what the tin said, I agree the label said "leave", but all of the tales about the juicy, enticing contents were delivered by the (snake-oil) salesmen.

Mardyase tossers.
Do gooders???
Spineless.

With diplomacy like that, you'd be well suited to a life in politics! ?

I voted remain, but accept we should be leaving. A couple of thoughts though:

- given that this going to be "the easiest deal ever", I'm a little surprised we've not managed to do it., and

- why are Leavers now saying just get out regardless, when during the campaign, there was deemed to be "no downside" and "at least the same benefits"?

Cue Farage, and his revolution.

Sorry Moonay, it all just gets on my nerves.
At first, I really didn't care either way, but the longer it has gone on, the stronger I feel about it.
Most people I talk to whether they voted to leave, or, like you, wished to remain, accept we should be leaving because that is what is supposed to happen in a democratic society.
MIW is totally right, it should have been left to the Government and not decided or voted on by the House of Commons.

Fair point TB, but with no withdrawal agreement, the omens wouldn't appear favourable!

As for what the tin said, I agree the label said "leave", but all of the tales about the juicy, enticing contents were delivered by the (snake-oil) salesmen.

The contents of the tin may , or may not be what was promised but until we open the tin by withdrawing from the EU will we ever know?

That comes with every election though Moonay, there's loads of bullshit on all sides. The electorate knows that, and cuts through all the shit and makes a decision. The decision in the end despite everything, was to leave and the MP's have so far let the Country down and have stuck their fat fingers up to democracy. Will anyone ever regain any faith in politicians after this debacle?

Sorry Moonay, it all just gets on my nerves.
At first, I really didn't care either way, but the longer it has gone on, the stronger I feel about it.
Most people I talk to whether they voted to leave, or, like you, wished to remain, accept we should be leaving because that is what is supposed to happen in a democratic society.
MIW is totally right, it should have been left to the Government and not decided or voted on by the House of Commons.

Unfortunately Jonny that is not how democracy works. The government tried to do it the way you suggest and were caught out, quite rightly so in my opinion. The government can, and has, done the negotiations but must get the backing of a majority in Parliament to enact the Bill they present, this is how it works and has done for centuries so why should anything as important as this be any different. To have done it any differently would have been as destructive to the democratic rights of those that voted Remain as having a second referendum will be to those of us that voted Leave.

Absolutely TB. Especially with no majority.

Interesting...... apparently, the SNP abstained in many of the indicative votes. They'd almost certainly have supported Clarke's proposal....... which would have therefore had a majority.

Interesting...... apparently, the SNP abstained in many of the indicative votes. They'd almost certainly have supported Clarke's proposal....... which would have therefore had a majority.

Don't get us going on that bunch of clowns Moonay, they don't want to be part of Great Britain, but appear to be more than happy to be ruled by Europe. Senseless!!!

Perhaps when it is debated again on Monday they will deem to vote on it and bring about a different outcome.

However I am still of the opinion that we should have left today without a deal. We would no doubt have suffered some short term problems but we would have given business what it needs, stability, and that in turn would have brought the economy back on track. If nothing else British businesses are resilient and have proven in the past that they are capable of sustaining themselves through difficult periods. I have no doubts that there would have been casualties amongst those that have weaker business strategies but there is nothing to suggest that they would survive anyway.

Perhaps when it is debated again on Monday they will deem to vote on it and bring about a different outcome.

However I am still of the opinion that we should have left today without a deal. We would no doubt have suffered some short term problems but we would have given business what it needs, stability, and that in turn would have brought the economy back on track. If nothing else British businesses are resilient and have proven in the past that they are capable of sustaining themselves through difficult periods. I have no doubts that there would have been casualties amongst those that have weaker business strategies but there is nothing to suggest that they would survive anyway.

They do say ignorance is bliss dont they

My brexit party's a bit flat tonight. Hardly anyone turned up. Even nige offered to make an appearance but, still, nothing. I've got a lassoo, maybe I can drag people in off the street? Can I get done for kidnapping if I do that?

Tbh I can't believe it. Free Vol au vonts. Probably the last sustenance we'll get for about a decade. Ah well, here's to working an unusual shift tomorrow and barely seeing another 'tics game again for about a decade. (Y)