Brentford v NUFC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brentford v NUFC

Great win, despite the referee’s best efforts.

Gordon already showing what a petulant Scouse bellend he is.

It was an utterly pointless substitution with about 3 seconds left to play

Gordon looks short of confidence to me while he settles in

I hope it doesn't send the wrong message to him and knock him back

Haven't seen any of the game yet but Howe isn't afraid to make changes as he sees fit. All these bitter comments I read about being a state run team and supporters condoning it is like water off a ducks back to me. In fact, I quite like being disliked.

This game was typical of a top side doing enough to get the points. Some games will have their moments but it's all about the scoreline.

As it is I think Brentford huffed and puffed without really looking threatening. A Toney flick on which Pope punched away to safety was the closest they came to breaking through in normal play although their offside goal was self explanatory in that it WAS offside. They humped plenty of high balls into the box but apart from that and that pacey forward they had, they showed why they are sniffing round the top mid table area.

As for the pens I thought both weren't. Botman at worst was too exuberant in challenging the player but it wasnt enough to gain a spot kick and the other pen was a joke in that I thought Isak actually got the ball and as it was quite low and the Brentford player ducking in, the original decision by the ref should have stood.

We, on the other hand, came through a tricky spell where we had little possession for a chunk of the first half by bumping the tempo up second half and showing the quality difference between where Brentford are and teams competing for champions league spots are. We scored two decent goals with Isak's proper class and were conned out of another Wilson goal because the ball hit his shoulder at point blank range with him not even knowing much about it. Don't remember any of their players claiming hand ball either.

All in all, another game passes and we're well in the mix so no-one can say now that our efforts to get in the champions league aren't on. We face Aston Villa away next and we are the two form teams away from Arsenal and Man City so something could give. There's no reason why we shouldn't be adding another 3 points to the impressive total we currently have although a point is satisfactory enough at this stage with us still to face Spurs at home which can create another little gap.

With us having a 10 point gap over the side not in a European place, It's all about our European focus now and which one of the 3 tournaments we end up in. This Newcastle side though will be thinking nothing but Aston Villa and with a full week to rest and prepare we will go there at our strongest for many a year.

My man of the match was Sven Botman.

5 wins on the bounce & 3 wins in 6 days.
We can all sit on this for a week & emotionally give ourselves a breather.
villa will be a different challenge but confident of getting 3pts off them.
We owe them one!

It's all about enjoying the ride for me at the minute

Even those disappointed with this season's transfer windows cant have any complaints (it won't stop them like)

Enjoy the ride including the bumps

Woosh. Right there.

VAR at its worst today, we did well second half to come back and it looked like Wilson’s goal was legit aswell.

Aye.......he needs sorting out.

Storm in a teacup for me - Howe said his piece afterwards and I'm sure certain players will have had a word

Ultimately just a passionate kid who was subbed after being subbed with about 10 seconds to go

They knew exactly what they were buying so hopefully that's it

Storm in a teacup for me - Howe said his piece afterwards and I'm sure certain players will have had a word

Ultimately just a passionate kid who was subbed after being subbed with about 10 seconds to go

They knew exactly what they were buying so hopefully that's it
I hate negatively attacking toon players Mc so I will circumnavigate round that by stating I thought his actions were that of a petulant thick fucking prat (not him mind, his actions):grinning:

I'm particularly pissed with the aforementioned actions because of the hard work Eddie Howe and his staff have put into building that amazing team spirit we witness every match day.

Mr Howe should leave the **** in a room with our defenders and invite him to throw his arms around at them in the same manner we all witnessed following that brilliant team result.

That team is bigger than any individual.

I will refrain from telling you how I really feel and leave it at that.

I hate negatively attacking toon players Mc so I will circumnavigate round that by stating I thought his actions were that of a petulant thick fucking prat (not him mind, his actions):grinning:

I'm particularly pissed with the aforementioned actions because of the hard work Eddie Howe and his staff have put into building that amazing team spirit we witness every match day.

Mr Howe should leave the **** in a room with our defenders and invite him to throw his arms around at them in the same manner we all witnessed following that brilliant team result.

That team is bigger than any individual.

I will refrain from telling you how I really feel and leave it at that.

My main takeaway from the match was the turnaround at half time which he played a big part in when he was introduced- him losing the ball in the dieing minutes and chasing back 40 yards to win it back

The fact he reacted badly at being a subbed sub with seconds remaining (which I maintain was a pointless and strange decision) just doesn't warrant the fall out for me

My main takeaway from the match was the turnaround at half time which he played a big part in when he was introduced- him losing the ball in the dieing minutes and chasing back 40 yards to win it back

The fact he reacted badly at being a subbed sub with seconds remaining (which I maintain was a pointless and strange decision) just doesn't warrant the fall out for me
*Refrain mode

Only watched the extended highlights Mc but their manager who normally comes across as fair and rational seemed to lose plot during his post match interview.

Don't get me started on that dark arts claptrap.

Only watched the extended highlights Mc but their manager who normally comes across as fair and rational seemed to lose plot during his post match interview.

Don't get me started on that dark arts claptrap.

Aye he seemed to have a real problem with what he thought was us getting into Tony's head for the penalties - he mustn't get out much

For the first time in years and something that we've not thought of at all this season, such has been the massive upturn, but it just occurred to me before to check.

The fact that we're mathematically safe from relegation and have been for a week.

Truth be known but we were probably safe at Christmas. I know, I know this is leftfield and pretty much tongue in cheek but it's something that would have been a massive part of our footballing lives and going over the fixtures and worrying about the other shite down the bottom just wasn't what we all followed football for.

The almost guaranteed European slot now is a right kick up the arse for the dross and depression served up by Ashley, Charnley, Kinnear, Parsnip, Carver, McClaren and Brooce. Reet, now that ghost is exorcised, im not mentioning those twats again on this forum as we're well rid.

For the first time in years and something that we've not thought of at all this season, such has been the massive upturn, but it just occurred to me before to check.

The fact that we're mathematically safe from relegation and have been for a week.

Truth be known but we were probably safe at Christmas. I know, I know this is leftfield and pretty much tongue in cheek but it's something that would have been a massive part of our footballing lives and going over the fixtures and worrying about the other shite down the bottom just wasn't what we all followed football for.

The almost guaranteed European slot now is a right kick up the arse for the dross and depression served up by Ashley, Charnley, Kinnear, Parsnip, Carver, McClaren and Brooce. Reet, now that ghost is exorcised, im not mentioning those twats again on this forum as we're well rid.

Eeeeeee, you didn't include Benitez in that little lot!

And Pardew finished fifth in the Prem and reached a European QF, something Howe is yet to achieve 🤣😉

Eeeeeee, you didn't include Benitez in that little lot!

And Pardew finished fifth in the Prem and reached a European QF, something Howe is yet to achieve 🤣😉
Never fails to amuse me that Rafa -Bruce-Pardew phenomenon.

Not sure where Bruce fits in to that, Pie?!
depression served up by Ashley, Charnley, Kinnear, Parsnip, Carver, McClaren and Brooce.

Parsnip & Brooce :unsure: , can't even refer to them by their real names and as you already pointed out, Benitez's name is not even there ! :grinning:

It's mental man