Brandon Hanlan | Vital Football

Brandon Hanlan

martyrichey

Vital Newbie
Seems Barton at Rovers mentioning City again regarding potential transfer.

Hanlan’s stats it seem have a similar look to Tom Hopper’s. There is potential for this lad to do well but would he suit our team?

Anyone that’s likely to help score goals would be a bonus at the moment. Still think Harlan’s primarily a winger that can play as a striker if needed.

Anyone that’s likely to help score goals would be a bonus at the moment. Still think Harlan’s primarily a winger that can play as a striker if needed.

Impressively some of his percentages over last season were better than Charlie Wyke’s.

Get the feeling majority would be underwhelmed by signing but l too gladly welcome any additional support up front to score goals we desperately need.

Impressively some of his percentages over last season were better than Charlie Wyke’s.

Get the feeling majority would be underwhelmed by signing but l too gladly welcome any additional support up front to score goals we desperately need.

What kind of %s?

I do think we are quite into the data for recruitment. I saw some Sunderland fans saying about their use of data more in signings this season, no surprise they are in for Poole and challenging us for Robson.

When we signed Sanders last year, there was also that statistician saying about his metrics on progressive passes and how it was a very Appleton signing. That one hasn't worked out so far but did seem like there was an element of 'moneyball' towards it.

Unfortunately, as I'm interested (!) I don't seem to be able to find a lot of the kind of metrics I think we'd look at? You generally just get the headline assist, goal, passes completed stats on the free data sites.

What kind of %s?

I do think we are quite into the data for recruitment. I saw some Sunderland fans saying about their use of data more in signings this season, no surprise they are in for Poole and challenging us for Robson.

When we signed Sanders last year, there was also that statistician saying about his metrics on progressive passes and how it was a very Appleton signing. That one hasn't worked out so far but did seem like there was an element of 'moneyball' towards it.

Unfortunately, as I'm interested (!) I don't seem to be able to find a lot of the kind of metrics I think we'd look at? You generally just get the headline assist, goal, passes completed stats on the free data sites.

Probably need to subscribe to a sports data company for that kind of thing.

Think Maguire will be the key to the goalscoring improvement, had his goalscoring returns in England under Michael at Oxford.

Think my concern is more about the person who plays the Hopper role - needing someone to hold it up, bring the wide players in etc. I think Maguire may have a few goals in him, hopefully Bishop and Fiorini will get going and provide some creative x-factor but it's specifically that proper no.9 (which, the suggestion is, Hanlan doesn't really address).

I don't think they have to be an unbelievably prolific goalscorer, not the stupid-money-a-week striker we hear about, just an effective presence who doesn't mind mixing it with big defenders so we're not immediately dropping off from Hopper to someone who can't provide an out ball. I thought it was Nlundulu but from what Appleton has said, not really...

hopper plays the hopper role - when he recovers from that concussion. nlundulu looked like a bigger version and competition for the hopper role. hanlan sounds like the back up to both and can also play alongside one of them (wide right or wide left)
re: improved hold up, screening, back to goal, and lay-off to wingers... i wonder how much lukaku charges for a few hours tuition of all three.

hopper plays the hopper role - when he recovers from that concussion. nlundulu looked like a bigger version and competition for the hopper role. hanlan sounds like the back up to both and can also play alongside one of them (wide right or wide left)
re: improved hold up, screening, back to goal, and lay-off to wingers... i wonder how much lukaku charges for a few hours tuition of all three.

Bit of a masterclass yesterday from Lukaku against the Arsenal defenders, was like they weren't really there...

What kind of %s?

I think SWB did a piece on him.

I think - and it's just a wild stab in the dark whilst wearing a blind-fold and noise-cancelling headphones - we need someone to take the odd shot at goal.

I think - and it's just a wild stab in the dark whilst wearing a blind-fold and noise-cancelling headphones - we need someone to take the odd shot at goal.
We don’t need to sign anyone new to do this, I think anyone can take a shot if they like.

Bit of a masterclass yesterday from Lukaku against the Arsenal defenders, was like they weren't really there...
Not sure Arsenal are the ideal club for the masterclass. I think most on here could shield the ball from that gutless lot.
Lukaku is definitely a beast/monster though, and right at the top of his game. Proper centre-forward who will score a boat-load in the side!