Branagan talking to fans | Vital Football

Branagan talking to fans

Fair play to him for speaking to fans. It takes some balls after the amount of people kicking off after that happened this week. The club needs to be more open in the future and give statements quicker to avoid folk worrying about what’s going on.

Saw MB talking to fans in the East Stand concourse close to kick off, a glorious chance for the folk gobbing it on social media to have their say......No one did, they were like shrinking violets.

All could have been avoided if the club would get their act together with the banking, fake photos and treating the fans like morons etc,

Saw MB talking to fans in the East Stand concourse close to kick off, a glorious chance for the folk gobbing it on social media to have their say......No one did, they were like shrinking violets.

All could have been avoided if the club would get their act together with the banking, fake photos and treating the fans like morons etc,

I asked him a question in the SC...I accepted the answer too but it wasn't the one I was looking for.

I can do. There were 3 questions taken on open mic...mine was the 3rd.

I asked if the owner was trying to sell us ?

He answered he wasn't aware if he was.

I accepted his answer because he had the bollocks to stand in front of folk like me, but it fell way short of the NO I was looking for.

I accepted his answer because he had the bollocks to stand in front of folk like me, but it fell way short of the NO I was looking for.

I get you 100% on that, fair question that we're all concerned about, not a good reply from Mal that. :shrug:

Also that contradicts his categorical ‘not for sale’ he put out just a couple of days ago .
Could be covering himself as I suppose he isn’t the ultimate boss and neither is Talal so I guess he can only ever assume the owners intentions ?

I’ve lived in my house for 38 years…in all likelihood I’ll curl my toes up here…it’s not for sale … but if someone for whatever reason offered me 25% or 30% more than it’s worth…then it might get sold !

Yet, Brannigan said in the Wigan Today Newspaper:

He wrote: "The primary message that I want to convey is to assure the club’s staff, its supporters and its business partners that, despite the recent media opinion, the current and future financial health of Wigan Athletic is strong and very secure, and I can confirm that the club is not up for sale.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...r-sale-despite-a-number-of-approaches-3895018

Also that contradicts his categorical ‘not for sale’ he put out just a couple of days ago .
Could be covering himself as I suppose he isn’t the ultimate boss and neither is Talal so I guess he can only ever assume the owners intentions ?

I’ve lived in my house for 38 years…in all likelihood I’ll curl my toes up here…it’s not for sale … but if someone for whatever reason offered me 25% or 30% more than it’s worth…then it might get sold !

You beat me to it about Mal's quote,

It's up to Al Jasmi at the end of the day,
If and When he decides to sell the Club.

I think we all need to calm down a bit.

If MB as CEO of WAFC is not aware that the owners want to sell us, then as far as he and we are concerned we are not up for sale and not going to be sold.

MB is not the owner, so how the eck could he know anything different.

Things change all the time though, and, as Zeb2 says about his house, if someone came along and offered silly money for it, his intentions could easily change.

Mr Al Jasmi as the owner of our football Club may feel the same as Zeb, we don't know, so what is the point of waffling on about it.

If £15M is his asking price, he will have a long wait, and it would be too much for Pollard at least.

Would it be so bad if someone came in to buy us with more finance to take us forward
PS
At least we might not be stuck with Leam for 3 years :sorry:

I don't really know what our fans want or expect.

Every single Manager we have had, especially since the birth of the key board warrior has been slagged off and deemed not good enough.

To be fair, over the years I have been as guilty as most.

Bryan Hamilton was lining his own pockets with sales, so the fans wanted rid.
Graham Barrow, was out of his depth in the big league, so the fans wanted rid,
John Deehan was mostly useless, so the fans wanted rid.
Paul Jewel got us to the PL, but apparently had no plan B, so the fans wanted rid.
Steve Bruce was too one dimensional and big boot, so the fans wanted rid.
Roberto Martinez played too much tippy tappy crap, so the fans wanted rid.
Paul Cook was a bit direct and too matey with some, so the fans wanted rid.
Malachy, Coyle, and Joyce, need no further mention other than the fans wanted rid.

The only manager I can't remember being slagged off too much was Ray Mathias. Was that due to lack of key board warriors, or was he the messiah, perhaps we should have a further look at him when Leam falls completely out of favour and the fans want rid.

Would it be so bad if someone came in to buy us with more finance to take us forward
PS
At least we might not be stuck with Leam for 3 years :sorry:

Of course we would ….the contract is with ‘the club’, if Bill Bloggs becomes the new owner of WAFC next week he inherits whatever contractual obligations are currently in force…..He might choose to sack him but he’d be bound to pay up if he did.

Of course we would ….the contract is with ‘the club’, if Bill Bloggs becomes the new owner of WAFC next week he inherits whatever contractual obligations are currently in force…..He might choose to sack him but he’d be bound to pay up if he did.
And that’s more than likely why it as been done.

Can I just add that I thank Mal for fronting up and answering questions and in no way am I having a pop at the lad and i totally get Zeb's analogy that if someone offered daft money for owt you'd snatch their hand off but, as CEO I would expect him to know definitively if the main man was looking to offload....that's all. I'm fully behind the team we have behind the scene and thank them all for the part they played in our survival. It just wasn't the answer I wanted.