Boxing thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

blackwood_villa - 4/3/2014 11:38

The only thing the ref did wrong was stop it before Groves was knocked out and he was going to lose by either KO or TKO.

Nonsense. Groves caught Froch with just as good shots and the ref didnt see fit to jump in.

SherlockGT - 4/3/2014 11:42

The only thing the ref did wrong was stop it before Groves was knocked out and he was going to lose by either KO or TKO.

Nonsense. Groves caught Froch with just as good shots and the ref didnt see fit to jump in.

Groves had no power in the 8th/9th and his accuracy was off. He was tired you could see that. He was not answering any of the shots at all.

absolute rubbish - hew was riding the shots, yes he got caught by a couple, but nothing that warranted the stoppage. If anything, he was moving away from Froch and Foster was in the way, looked like he panicked and waved it off - terrible decision in my eyes.....but as someone else said, without that, we wouldn't have this now! I can't wait!!

Froch has lost the mental battle already imo, going off the first face to face - well, Groves tried the face off, but Froch wouldn't look him in the eyes.....he'll lose his cool a few times running up to this one

Tonight's fights,

Bayamon, Puerto Rico, Danny Garcia v Mauricio Herrera (WBC/WBA light-welterweight)

Liverpool, England, Tony Bellew v Valery Brudov, Kell Brook v TBA, Rocky Fielding v Tony Dodson (Commonwealth super-middleweight), Paul Smith v TBA (British super-middleweight)

I see Deontay Wilder starred again, sparking out Scott Malik in round 1 making it 31-0 all by KO

Wilder vs Fury is the fight we want to see in the Heavyweight division. I don't think Fury would last 2 minutes.

As much as I think that Fury is a dick I actually think under a proper trainer to learn proper ring craft he could go all the way because he has a hellova dig on him.

LOL not sure how a scare crow moves been a long time since Wurzel was on the box but yeah I agree his craft is crap but he has the basics in a fantastic punch and a good chin the rest with a top trainer could be taught.

Timothy Bradley v Manny Pacquiao

Tonight or tomorrow morning a.m

Pacman was robbed in the first fight imo. Probably the same judges that gave Peterson the victory over Kahn.

Agreed Sherlock - watched the first fight again before this one, and tbh, i think he won the first one even more comfortably than the rematch...

Class above Bradley in all dept

Anyone watching Carl Frampton fighting tonight on itv? Been raved about in NI for years. Overwhelming favourite tonight, quite surprised at the odds, the guy he's fighting is no mug.

NI Villan - 28/2/2015 22:24

Anyone watching Carl Frampton fighting tonight on itv? Been raved about in NI for years. Overwhelming favourite tonight, quite surprised at the odds, the guy he's fighting is no mug.

Yes mate I am . His opponent is deffently no push over but Frampton is a canny lad and I think he'll tko him .