Bottom 3 by Saturday | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bottom 3 by Saturday

Its not complicated at all, basically its out of our hands if Wigan and mackems win mid-week. Once were in that bottom 3 we're at the mercy of other results

st-pedros-basin - 5/5/2013 14:37

Its not complicated at all, basically its out of our hands if Wigan and mackems win mid-week. Once were in that bottom 3 we're at the mercy of other results

It doesn't matter if every game finishes 50-0 at the bottom.

As long as we win our final two games then we will survive as unlikely that scenario is gonna happen.

Every team down there can't achieve 3 points per game because of meeting each other. Wigan and the Mackems winning means nowt this midweek as there has to be a loser.

In this case it'll be Stoke but ultimately any one of us, Villa, Norwich, Southampton or Wigan.

4 points is enough for us, although I stick by my prediction that a win in Shepherd's bush will secure another season of shite, spin and morale sapping Ashley ownership.

Also, everyone has been banging on about the Wigan/Villa game being the decider on the last day but ive got a sneaky feeling that the Southampton/Stoke one will be bigger in deciding our division next year.

Whats worse ? Another season in the premier league with pardew or the championship with another boss,

I think pessimism is ruling peoples minds, treating wigan vs swansea like wigan will walk it, they have a poor home record, needed a handballed winner to beat us and we were absolutely dreadful and I think Swansea will be tough for them. Agree with SPB that norwich seem to be in freefall. I can't see them picking up another point so in theory a point from our last two games could be enough.

I see where you are coming from TD. I have been trying to work out a safe points total. I had Wigan getting 7 points from their last 4 games to make it an uneasy time for us. They are 2 points ahead of schedule. Chelsea winning at ManU puts pressure on Arsenal so if they beat both us and Wigan, anything other than a Swansea win leaves us vulnerable.

The sad thing about it all is that after the January signings, we should have made ourselves safe by the final whistle against the Mackems. Something has gone wrong or someone in charge has fucked up totally.

Just done the bbc predictor twice and have us going down I'm afraid. Mind if it gets rid of Partridge, good. The Championship without that **** sounds good to me.

It's pointless doing any predictor thingees as the rules of logic change when the shit hits the fan.

Expect any permutation to happen and the way things look, I reckon we could see the 3rd relegated club change hands about 6 or 7 times on the last day.

Not a time for weak tickers.

Just been told that QPR still have loads of tickets available. Nearly went to have a look then I remembered how sick I am of Ashley and Co.

steekiebrown - 5/5/2013 20:02

Just been told that QPR still have loads of tickets available. Nearly went to have a look then I remembered how sick I am of Ashley and Co.

Aye, it's getting harder to disassociate one's self from the shower of shite that couldn't organise a fire with a thousand boxes of matches and a swimming pool full of petrol.

Although, the mug I am will no doubt fight the feeling again.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 5/5/2013 19:56

It's pointless doing any predictor thingees as the rules of logic change when the shit hits the fan.

If anyone wants to know anything at all regarding logic - send diggerman a PM (don't put it on the public forum)

By his logic west ham aren't shite because they are above us

Must admit I would laugh if sunderland still went down, but I reckon they'll get out of it, as I expect them to win at least one of their next two games. I agree with TNMW here, it could go anyway right now. Anyone from stoke downwards could in theory still go down (although the remaining fixtures probably make the likes of stoke safe). The bottom line from where I'm standing is, we MUST beat QPR, otherwise we're going to find ourselves needing something against arsenal, which is the nightmare scenario

Squeaky bum time lads - Villa will beat Wigan last game of the season i am pretty confident in that

Can see us drawing at QPR but getting nowt out of Arsenal

However i still think we will scrape if by a gnats whisker

A shocking state of affairs, to find it comes down to this - hope.
Two MAJOR fuck-ups:
1: Failure to invest in the summer. It was a CATASTROPHIC failure to capitalise on a good season, last year, by getting the right players in through the door, knowing we had extra games.
2: Pardew's decision making. How many points has he cost us?

Apparently it has not cost us any. If we go down it is the fault of the referee who denied the goal that may or may not have crossed the line.

If on goal difference, it will be noting to do with the 6-0 at home against Liverpool or the joint worst defeat against Sunderland in over 100 years since Pardew was vindicated by the magnificent draw on Saturday.