Bottom 3 by Saturday | Vital Football

Bottom 3 by Saturday

bottom on Wednesday night if the unwashed win on Monday and Wigan win on Wednesday night . Squeak bum time . I can it going to go down to goal difference myself .

We beat QPR and we're safe unless a freak set of results happen in the last couple of games.

The reason being because a lot of bottom teams face each other and both can't get maximum points.

IF (a massive if) we win then to be relegated, this has to happen.

Wigan get more than 6 points out of their last 3 games, although one of them is Arsenal away, just 3 days after the F.A. cup final.

If Aston Villa fail to get at least a point at home to Chelsea then the loser of their game v Wigan will more than likely be the relegated team

The Mackems to get a minimum of 4 points out of their final 3 games.

Stoke to get at least a point out of their final 3 games, although they play the Mackems, Southampton and home to Spurs, so if they do it will affect the final totals the other teams can get.

Southampton would have to win at least one of their final games against either Stoke or the Mackems which will affect their final totals.....

It's getting confusing now but basically we beat QPR and it's safety.

We'll not beat QPR. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they got their biggest win of the season.

QPR played OK yesterday. I think they'll beat our shower. Think the only reason we survived yesterday was was Colo being back in defence.

I am with Toony on this - but we need to beat QPR. Armed with that, I went through the remaining fixtures. Also, if we beat QPR, I have it between Wigan and Norwich to go down. I think us beating QPR will also mean Villa and Wigan both having something to play for to be sure of staying up on the last day of the season. I have Villa needing a point and Wigan needing a win to be sure.

Those 0-3 and 0-6 has really screwed us.

This is present league table, (sunday am), with current points for each side, their remaining fixtures and my predicted results, taking Toon's worst case scenario, which releagtes us - hence the must-win at QPR. A draw at QPR might even be enough but that is pushing things.

11 Stoke 40
Sunlun (0)
Spurs (0)
Saints (0)
TOTAL 40

12 Fulham 40
Liverpool (0)
Swansea (1)
TOTAL 41

13 Villa 40
Chelsea (0)
Wigan (1)
TOTAL 41

14 Saints 39
Sunlun (1)
Stoke (3)
TOTAL 43

15 Norwich 38
WBA (0)
Man City (0)
TOTAL 38

16 Toon 38
QPR (0)
Arsenal (0)
TOTAL 38

17 Sunlun 37
Stoke (3)
Saints (1)
Spurs (0)
TOTAL 41

18 Wigan 35
Swansea (3)
Arsenal (0)
Villa (1)
TOTAL 39

There's no point calculating anything. We have left it in the hands of other teams so all we can do is wait, besides, if we were relying on our results, we'd be fucked anyway. Let's just hope Wigan send themselves down. Pathetic

Rza, I know what you mean - I know what we need to do, I just wanted to see how other clubs' fixtures affected the whole thing. There will be twists on the final day - but one or two may just screw their chances up next weekend.

Wigan beating West Brom really through a spanner in the works for us, I really think we will struggle against QPR as well, if we beat QPR we are safe but if we dont it will go down to the wire, if you look at Wigan they finish with home games against Swansea and Villa plus a trip to Arsenal, minus the Arsenal game they are every chance at home against Villa and possibly Swansea, Norwich are the other one who look the most likely imo.

If Pardew thinks that we can try and scrape draws and hang on he is sorely mistaken, if he tries to play the "hang on" game we are every chance to go down.

Wasn't aimed directly at you taff, that's why I said on another thread I wish the season was over.

Nothing taken by it Rza, since our fate is largely in others' hands now, i wanted to see how all these 6 pointers played out.

Rza - 5/5/2013 11:58

There's no point calculating anything. We have left it in the hands of other teams so all we can do is wait, besides, if we were relying on our results, we'd be fucked anyway. Let's just hope Wigan send themselves down. Pathetic

We're not relying on other results.

If we win our last two games we survive. FACT.

Whether we will or not is another matter. The saving grace for us is that the bottom teams play each other and can't achieve a maximum haul.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 5/5/2013 10:34

We beat QPR and we're safe unless a freak set of results happen in the last couple of games.

The reason being because a lot of bottom teams face each other and both can't get maximum points.

IF (a massive if) we win then to be relegated, this has to happen.

Wigan get more than 6 points out of their last 3 games, although one of them is Arsenal away, just 3 days after the F.A. cup final.

If Aston Villa fail to get at least a point at home to Chelsea then the loser of their game v Wigan will more than likely be the relegated team

The Mackems to get a minimum of 4 points out of their final 3 games.

Stoke to get at least a point out of their final 3 games, although they play the Mackems, Southampton and home to Spurs, so if they do it will affect the final totals the other teams can get.

Southampton would have to win at least one of their final games against either Stoke or the Mackems which will affect their final totals.....

It's getting confusing now but basically we beat QPR and it's safety.

Even if we beat QPR we coul easily go down on goal difference.

It's possible 8 teams could end the season on 41 points.