Boro vTic's | Vital Football

Boro vTic's

Yeah but why are we playing Middlesborough on boxing day and Sunderland playing Blackburn?! The FL could have sorted two derbies there. Isn't that what boxing day was for, local games and big attendances for festive period

There's 47,000 on at Sunderland

Teams announced.

Boro: Steffen, Jones, Giles, Fry, Smith, Howson (Capt), Watmore, Forss, Lenihan, Akpom, Hackney
Subs: Roberts, Mowatt, McGree, Hoppe, McNair, Crooks, Bola

Latics: Jones, Nyambe, Hughes, Tilt, McClean, Power (Capt), Cousins, Lang, Keane, Aasgaard, Broadhead
Subs: Amos, Darikwa, Bennett, Naylor, Shinnie, Scully, Fletcher

Hughes in for REG. Must have some confidence in the youngster. REG not made the bench probably means he is going back to Huddersfield.

Will today be the day we break the Jordan Cousins curse (lost every game this season that he’s started). Not for me with a kid in central defence. I’m sure he’ll do his best but this will be a step too far. 3-1 the Boro.

As for the game, I’d rather our local games be kept for weekends with trains running rather than Boxing Day, so the EFL have done well by us, although we’re long overdue a home game on this day.

Hughes in for REG. Must have some confidence in the youngster. REG not made the bench probably means he is going back to Huddersfield.

Or maybe he’s crocked ? …..thought he’s been pretty good in the brief opportunities he’s had….you might be right about the recall from Huddersfield but with two games between now and Jan 1st….still seems strange not to use him given we are so short of CBs ….good to see him give the young lad a go, but with 30,000 on it’s a baptism of fire for him …hope he does well !

Not confident of a nil nil today. That defence FFS! Bambi on Ice at left back, fumbling Tilt central defender, then a rooky defender as central defender but a second choice behind Darikwa at right back.
Two defensive midfielders will have a job today.
Going to look like 6-3-1. And that 1 is Broadhead who looks out of place up top on his own.

Not confident of a nil nil today. That defence FFS! Bambi on Ice at left back, fumbling Tilt central defender, then a rooky defender as central defender but a second choice behind Darikwa at right back.
Two defensive midfielders will have a job today.
Going to look like 6-3-1. And that 1 is Broadhead who looks out of place up top on his own.
You are having a laugh aren’t you? Second choice right back? Bambi on ice? He’s made the right call in dropping both Darikwa and Bennett. We don’t sit back and park the bus under this manager, that was Leam’s tactic. We have enough attacking players in that line-up to have a go which is what I expect him to do