Bolton | Page 11 | Vital Football

Bolton

The EFL have sprung into action, not!

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers/

" Bolton Wanderers has this afternoon announced it will not fulfil its League One fixture against Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday 20 August 2019.

The Club has stated it has taken the decision to postpone the game as a result of concerns over the welfare of its young players, given the frequency of fixtures and the impact this would have on their physical and emotional well-being.

The EFL understands the challenging position the Club currently finds itself in whilst negotiations continue over its purchase. However, it would have expected the Club to have first interfaced with the EFL, giving it an opportunity to consider the application to postpone, and consulted with the Club’s opposition, Doncaster Rovers before making a public announcement.

The EFL remains acutely aware of the ongoing risks this challenging and complex situation has to the integrity of the competition."

"It would be expected..." ???
So rules are something that maybe we ought to perhaps considering following if we feel like it but who cares...

And "should have given the League an opportunity to consider the postponement" !!!
Consider??? This is in total breach of rules!!
Immediate penalties are what should be following, not a spot of nice considering poor "we're still a Premier League club really" Bolton.

How about a spot of consideration for all the businesses that have been cheated out of £200 million and counting, let alone the taxes not paid to the public purse.

The EFL are like a Milligan Q sketch.......'what are we gonna do now?......what are we gonna do now?......what are we gonna do now?'.
Cannot these people see that the rest of div one dont really give a flying fuck about Notlob. They are now a team of nobody's. Struggling to stay afloat in a sea of their own making!

What this needs is a legal challenge by the other clubs against the EFL.

I am in total agreement, but who wants to put their head above the parapet and be seen as the big bad wolf who put the final nail in the coffin of 2 historic clubs. Accy went for £8000 in the early 60's approx £140k today. Bolton owe circa £200m and are pulling the strings at EFL HQ while pissing off the other 22 clubs and their fans. The EFL should be insisting they fulfill the fixture.

Serious question - Do Bolton have any old boys in positions of power at The EFL as it sure feels like they do?

When the EFL finally 'consider' what to do with Bolton I hope they remember to 'consider' that the only reason Bolton find themselves in this position is entirely down to their own cheating and financial profligacy. If they even mention that the age of the young players is a mitigating factor I swear my head will explode.

The EFL are in an unenviable situation. They have a process to follow (ie Bury being given 2 weeks to prove that they have the funds to see the season out) so they have to take small steps in punishment, with the most extreme being kicked out of the football league. And like us the football league is made up of people that love football, we all realise that to kick a team out of the league in the case of both Bolton and Bury, that would be the death of those clubs and that they would have to start up in the lower reaches of the pyramid. They try to do everything that they can to support All clubs that get into financial trouble as we all know that if Bury and/or Bolton drop out of the league that is for most teams in our division 1 or 2 games less match takings ( obviously wycombe and tranmere have already played Bolton) which could then hasten the demise of other teams in our division. They also have to show that they have done all that they can and have dotted the i's and crossed the t's to try to avoid any potential legal suits from any team that they expel, which could/would have even more colossal implications to the league if a judge ruled that while the case waa heard that all matches were to be suspended. The league hopefully will discipline both clubs appropriately, which hopefully should be used as a deterrant against this sort of thing happening again in the future. Hopefully both teams will survive and everyone will have 23 home games this season, but i cant see bury surviving this week.

The EFL are making a mockery of the game. I'd like to see how the EFL deal with a club declaring they can't attend a fixture in the future. A club could argue the toss over any punishment and take the EFL all the way to court over it. They must impose a points penalty or award the game to Doncaster 3-0. At the least.

At least someone being enterprising.

Atherton Collieries

@ACFC1916

1f4f0.svg

NEWS -

@OfficialBWFC
fans can attend our match against Warrington Town FREE of charge on production of a previous season ticket or valid ticket for the suspended Doncaster Rovers match. Full details on the link below.

25b6.svg

http://athertoncollieries.co.uk/news/free-admi

The EFL are making a mockery of the game. I'd like to see how the EFL deal with a club declaring they can't attend a fixture in the future. A club could argue the toss over any punishment and take the EFL all the way to court over it. They must impose a points penalty or award the game to Doncaster 3-0. At the least.
I get your point Croozey but we could get a double whammy. Donny are nicely rested up after their 3-0 and go onto a comfortable victory against us on the back of that. Then when we play a full strength Bolton a few months down the line and lose, also picking up an injury to a key player Doncaster gain a 6 point swing on us and our squad could be weakened. The EFL could easily allow a scenario like that to happen due to their pathetic (non) response.

Out of interest, and having just spent a little time looking at the teams they've fielded in the four matches played so far, they have actually named 25 different players - TWENTY FIVE!
So...there seems plenty of scope for them to rest players and field another 11.
They are not lacking in players at all - just any that are good enough. Well, tough, that's how it goes.

This is Lincs.League lower league cricket territory where titles and promotion are decided by games not being played because of the weather or on the vagaries of which sides can't turn out a team. That's alright for us casual amateurs who just want a bit of a game at the weekend; but the EFL, really!!!!

The other 22 should get together and issue a statement about what they expect from the EFL. They could start by expecting them to administer the competition in accordance with their rules.
EFL - English Football Limbo_Dancing.
This is exactly what should happen away from the monkey cage that is the EFL. Inside the cage, they should stop peeling bananas, peel off their underwear and show some fecking balls.
The Bury stuff is bad enough, but this has wound me up more. We're not playing this week because we don't want to. Bye bye to both, and sorry but feck the lot of them.

Just to get a handle on Bolton's debts, these are currently £25m, not £200m.

The previous owner funded the club over a 10 year period, during which time they accumulated £180m of debt, but he wrote all that off personally when the ownership was transferred.

That was only three years ago and it beggars belief that a club that has been in L1 and the Championship since then has failed to learn the lessons of the past and racked up that much debt so quickly.

Their fans don't care, they think it's nothing to do with them. I doubt there's one amongst them who might take a second to consider they effectively cheated Barnsley of their Championship place in 2017-18, in the same way Bury cheated Mansfield Town last season.

But they think they have the right to demand sympathy for their plight from the football fraternity.

Just to get a handle on Bolton's debts, these are currently £25m, not £200m.

The previous owner funded the club over a 10 year period, during which time they accumulated £180m of debt, but he wrote all that off personally when the ownership was transferred.

That was only three years ago and it beggars belief that a club that has been in L1 and the Championship since then has failed to learn the lessons of the past and racked up that much debt so quickly.

Their fans don't care, they think it's nothing to do with them. I doubt there's one amongst them who might take a second to consider they effectively cheated Barnsley of their Championship place in 2017-18, in the same way Bury cheated Mansfield Town last season.

But they think they have the right to demand sympathy for their plight from the football fraternity.

Bury cheated FGR out of automatic promotion, not Mansfield.