Bolton Wanderers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bolton Wanderers

Can you imagine the final places in the play offs, the rewards from which are touted as the richest in World football, being decided by a Club going out of business?

Especially when the team in danger of liquidation has only 7 games to fulfill.

There are other knock on effects; Bolton's demise may spare our neighbours from going out of the league; bang goes our chance to be the oldest Football League club.

Surely, in order to preserve the integrity of the league, allow them to finish the season, with the income that would generate and potentially allow more time for a resolution/sale.

Otherwise, it would potentially have an impact upon the fortunes (or otherwise) of so many other clubs.

It could well be, but did they have their record expunged?

Every attempt I made to find out about their history directs you to the new co

Aldershot's league record for the 1991-92 season, which had seen them play 36 games, was expunged.

From Wikipedia. They went bust on 25th March 1992

Aldershot's league record for the 1991-92 season, which had seen them play 36 games, was expunged.

Plenty of teams have gone into admin over the years. Not many have disappeared altogether though, particularly clubs the size of Bolton. Guess they will struggle on somehow, just like Leicester, Derby, Portsmouth etc

Plenty of teams have gone into admin over the years. Not many have disappeared altogether though, particularly clubs the size of Bolton. Guess they will struggle on somehow, just like Leicester, Derby, Portsmouth etc
Quite a few former league sides have gone under actually- Rushden, Halifax, Hereford, Scarborough... But all happened after they were relegated from the league.

Maidstone in 92 was the last league team

Yes, I mailed a friend who lives in that neck of the woods; the actual demise of the club makes the Bolton situation look well planned.

Apparently a 19 years old whiz kid took over Aldershot promising an injection of money, in the range of 250k; money he did not have or have access to.

He ended up doing a spell inside for fraud.

Yes, I mailed a friend who lives in that neck of the woods; the actual demise of the club makes the Bolton situation look well planned.

Apparently a 19 years old whiz kid took over Aldershot promising an injection of money, in the range of 250k; money he did not have or have access to.

He ended up doing a spell inside for fraud.

Yes, and apparently when he took over one of his promises was to sign Brian Clough as manager

Quite a few former league sides have gone under actually- Rushden, Halifax, Hereford, Scarborough... But all happened after they were relegated from the league.

Maidstone in 92 was the last league team

Hereford are back with a fan funded non league team but sad to see clubs go under.

Birmingham to lose 9 points this season puts them 5 off relegation. Hardly seems fair that they cheated out of relegation through wages & possibly won’t be relegated this season.

Birmingham to lose 9 points this season puts them 5 off relegation. Hardly seems fair that they cheated out of relegation through wages & possibly won’t be relegated this season.
With the run they are on, that five point gap could close very quickly. They certainly aren’t out of the woods yet.

My take on it is that the EFL have taken the mickey out of the championship. They deserve 12 points deduction not the expected 9. Once again the EFL have shot themselves in foot. Cowardly action as usual.

Derby, Villa and Wednesday are potentially facing points deductions according to the Daily Mail. I won't post a link to that fascist rag but by all means look yourselves.

I suspect they could be right about Villa but Derby and Wednesday may get away with it.

Not sure how confident I am that we won't be in trouble in a year or two either.

Derby, Villa and Wednesday are potentially facing points deductions according to the Daily Mail. I won't post a link to that fascist rag but by all means look yourselves.

I suspect they could be right about Villa but Derby and Wednesday may get away with it.

Not sure how confident I am that we won't be in trouble in a year or two either.
Apparently Derby have other concerns too. Mad Mels cost cutting is set to continue to the extent that the may be losing the Frank Lampard’s portion of their name.

Interesting times in the Championship.

Case against Bolton now adjourned to May 8th, three days after their last game of the season, which just happens to be against us.

At least they get to complete their fixtures and not render the league a joke.

Case against Bolton now adjourned to May 8th, three days after their last game of the season, which just happens to be against us.

At least they get to complete their fixtures and not render the league a joke.

Isnt their next game under threat of being behind closed doors as they aren’t paying for anything. Plus the players are on strike.