Bolton....interesting... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

Apparently bowton players are going on strike - officially that is although their fans reckon they've been on strike a while! Mr Bassini has carried on the tradition and not paid 'em. Still the poor lad is probably still working out who the creditors are.

Not sure what happens if they follow through with their threat. Do their seasons results get wiped therefore leaving us still needing a point in a worse case scenario?

Apparently bowton players are going on strike - officially that is although their fans reckon they've been on strike a while! Mr Bassini has carried on the tradition and not paid 'em. Still the poor lad is probably still working out who the creditors are.

Not sure what happens if they follow through with their threat. Do their seasons results get wiped therefore leaving us still needing a point in a worse case scenario?

Don't really know how they would get round that one MiW. Perhaps some sort of intervention by the league or PFA to enable them to fulfill the fixture, or turn out a team of youth players, although that would cause problems with the league for not fielding a full strength team.

Glad we are not Bolton is all I can say.

Don't really know how they would get round that one MiW. Perhaps some sort of intervention by the league or PFA to enable them to fulfill the fixture, or turn out a team of youth players, although that would cause problems with the league for not fielding a full strength team.

Glad we are not Bolton is all I can say.
Well they've broken every other professional and ethical rule there is so what's another going to do. They'll just get unpunished yet again.

Why are Wigan Athletic fans so bothered and have discussions about Bolton? You wouldn't see that on their forums.

There is still a (however remote) possibility that they go out of business before the season's end, thereby foregoing any remaining games, and having their previous results expunged. If this were to happen, then Latics would lose 4 points.

Why don't you consider this an important issue Norm ?

There is still a (however remote) possibility that they go out of business before the season's end, thereby foregoing any remaining games, and having their previous results expunged. If this were to happen, then Latics would lose 4 points.

Why don't you consider this an important issue Norm ?

Other clubs will have points deducted as well as us so dont panic, we wouldn't have to worry about having points chalked off if Cook and the players had got their finger out over the past 6 months.
Anyway the Football League wiil make sure they fulfil their obligations for another week, so again don't panic, last word on that lot from me.

Why are Wigan Athletic fans so bothered and have discussions about Bolton? You wouldn't see that on their forums.

This isn't other forums though is it, and as has been said them going out of business could affect us so it is pertinent to us.

By the way Brexit is nothing to do with Wigan Athletic but has been debated vigorously by the posters on here.

Didn't I say weeks ago that I could still see them failing to fulfil their fixtures? I did.

My position at Bolton? Youth player Scouting and aquisitions officer, and International Football Programme. Several staff members have walked recently. I have had an enquiry about a similar role at a very thriving local non league club. Also a possible role at Everton. We will see.

Other clubs will have points deducted as well as us so dont panic, we wouldn't have to worry about having points chalked off if Cook and the players had got their finger out over the past 6 months.
Anyway the Football League wiil make sure they fulfil their obligations for another week, so again don't panic, last word on that lot from me.

Maybe you've not been concentrating Norm, but the other teams around us in the mix didn't actually fare too well agin Bolton, so wouldn't actually lose as many points. It's all been posted on here.

They are one of our main rivals. If Utd were in financial bother, you are suggesting City or Liverpool fans would not discuss I?

There is also some pleasure to be gained from seeing how they have been so badly mismanaged.

We don’t want them to go the wall as we wouldn’t have the pleasure of hammering them.

So lots of reasons to talk about them on here ??

Didn't I say weeks ago that I could still see them failing to fulfil their fixtures? I did.

My position at Bolton? Youth player Scouting and aquisitions officer, and International Football Programme. Several staff members have walked recently. I have had an enquiry about a similar role at a very thriving local non league club. Also a possible role at Everton. We will see.
Good luck at a proper club 96 Mon.

They are one of our main rivals. If Utd were in financial bother, you are suggesting City or Liverpool fans would not discuss I?

There is also some pleasure to be gained from seeing how they have been so badly mismanaged.

We don’t want them to go the wall as we wouldn’t have the pleasure of hammering them.

So lots of reasons to talk about them on here ??
Yes probably wouldn't like them to go into extinction but starting at the bottom of the pyramid and having to go cap in hand to ground share at a local non league club would suffice. Similar to Newport or Darlington.

Is there a precedent for what happens if a club can't fulfill its fixtures because no players will turn out? Given there is nothing in their two fixtures that will affect promotion, play offs or relegation the not fit for purpose efl should probably just award 3-0 victories to their opponents, as opposed to wiping their fixtures altogether which would have been a possibility even a month ago.

Personally i think it should be grounds to kick them out of the league as they are effectively insolvent and are non functioning which is affecting the integrity of the league.