"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

I doubt you’ll have to worry too much about Bod Latic because with Dion Charles back from injury I suspect that Bod will be on the bench again with either Adebojeyo or Collins starting. We don’t know if Santos will get his red card overturned, he certainly should do because the ref got the rule wrong and it should only have been yellow if anything. Either way if he’s not Toal will take the middle position and we have plenty choice for either side.

We can’t afford a draw after Saturday so we’ll certainly be going all out for the 3 points as this is our game in hand and we need to win it. You always seem to pull something out against Wanderers though so I’m expecting it to be a tough hard fought battle. It’s a while since we beat you home or away so we definitely owe you one and I hope it comes tomorrow night but I’m not putting my money on it. 😉
Dion who ?
Never heard of him you a Bolton bastard then

Dion who ?
Never heard of him you a Bolton bastard then

Is there any need for that as Happy Days has been pleasant and respectful?

Dion Charles is a very good striker at this level and been pretty much a goal every 2 game for Bolton.

He's apparently not going to be risked according to Evatt in an interview he did this afternoon- which is good news for us.

Is there any need for that as Happy Days has been pleasant and respectful?

Dion Charles is a very good striker at this level and been pretty much a goal every 2 game for Bolton.

He's apparently not going to be risked according to Evatt in an interview he did this afternoon- which is good news for us.
Cheers King but I’ve been called worse. 🙂

You’re right Dions out of the reckoning so it’s as you were and we still don’t know if Santos has had his red rescinded or not either. Surely you’ll take the game to us from the off I’d have thought so having the big man back would be an advantage. Let’s just hope it’s a good game and not spoiled either way by the abysmal refs at this level?

You’re right Dions out of the reckoning so it’s as you were and we still don’t know if Santos has had his red rescinded or not either. Surely you’ll take the game to us from the off I’d have thought so having the big man back would be an advantage. Let’s just hope it’s a good game and not spoiled either way by the abysmal refs at this level?
Given the standard of refs in this league HD, we can surely expect a few dodgy decisions seeing t it's a derby. Probably a fair few yellows n possibly a red....I hope as you say it isn't spoilt by a dodgy decision but if there has to be one then it's in our favour to which I'll say nowt but if it goes against us then I guess I'll do my usual rant of how shite we're treated 😉

Aye, there's no need to abuse anybody who's being civil with one another. The game will be tight enough no doubt ...you have obviously been more consistent than us over time but if the good us turn up we'll turn you over but if the shite boring us arrive you have every chance. We can beat and outplay any body on our day and I hope today is one of these. We love nothing better than the thought of little Wiggin, taking the piss. Either way I expect you to go up and what with our new policy of living within our means it may be our last game for a while, unless you have a mare and come back down sharpish.

Our biggest chance is your nerves but may the best team win and a draw wouldn't be a disaster for either.

Hopefully tonight will be a different type of game to last Friday, I’m sure it will as Bolton won’t allow us to have so much possession and it’s more likely to be them dominating the ball. We need to be aggressive and set up to press quickly and force mistakes. If we can do that then we’ll need to take our chances. I wouldn’t like to predict the score tonight, I can’t see it being another 4-0 to us but if we can win it by the off goal then I’ll be happy.

Totally agree and me too.

But.....If Tinkerbell does take the shackles off and we have a proper go then he's setting a precedence for the rest of the season the fans will want more of the same.

So does SM stick with those tactics or does he go back to boring the balls of everyone, he'll have got himself in a bit of a pickle won't he?
Why should you care Frank? You've told us all you aren't bothering.

Why should you care Frank? You've told us all you aren't bothering.
I said I 'may' not bother still mulling it over.

And of course I care I'm still a fan whether I go or not, that said I've been and seen all the shit performances you watch us tonk the pigs feet if I don't go. 🤨

Here's hoping & we go 4231

At Bolton, our front 4 effectively man marked their 3 centre backs and def mid pivot and they couldn't play out at all - it was very brave to leave so much space behind them but worked superbly well.

If we go with wing backs it probably makes going man for man like that harder, so i think going to a back 4 makes sense if we want to do that.

But i imagine they'll expect that from us and probably have big Bogvardsson on this time so they can have a long ball option they didn't have last time to try and avoid getting boxed in.

But even after this game i'd like us to go back to 4-2-3-1 as i think that it probably suits the players we currently have better. I'd love to see us try Humps on the right, Godo on the left again - as both of their best form came in those positions but they've both not been there since for some bizarre reason and their form dramatically dipped.

At Bolton, our front 4 effectively man marked their 3 centre backs and def mid pivot and they couldn't play out at all - it was very brave to leave so much space behind them but worked superbly well.

If we go with wing backs it probably makes going man for man like that harder, so i think going to a back 4 makes sense if we want to do that.

But i imagine they'll expect that from us and probably have big Bogvardsson on this time so they can have a long ball option they didn't have last time to try and avoid getting boxed in.

But even after this game i'd like us to go back to 4-2-3-1 as i think that it probably suits the players we currently have better. I'd love to see us try Humps on the right, Godo on the left again - as both of their best form came in those positions but they've both not been there since for some bizarre reason and their form dramatically dipped.
I think you’re pretty much sot on with that King. I’m still not 100% convinced Dion won’t play, it could just be another of Evatt’s little ploys to mislead but having had his red card rescinded, Santos will definitely start. Humphrey’s absolutely tore us apart last time, exposing the space behind our wing backs but he won’t have Wyke in the middle this time who also benefitted from it. If you press us hard though we struggle to get the ball out as you say but given that we think the pitch may be a problem it may well be that we start Bod and get the ball forward earlier instead.

We have two really good attacking wing backs in Dacres Cogley and Ogbeta so we will get round the back if you give them space there and having Mendes Gomez In the side if he starts again just adds that something different. Evatt has a wealth of options now with most of the injured back so there can be no excuses if we lose. If you beat us fair and square as you have done in the last two we can have no complaints but I’m obviously hoping our lot are on it tonight and we get a cracking game and as always the best team wins. Us hopefully, we need it? 😁