Bolton and Bury? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bolton and Bury?

EFL have also announced the lifting of their suspension on notice of withdrawal of membership for Bolton. They have 14 days to do a deal or they will also be expelled.
Their administrators will now have to change their stance on tbe going concern issue or they will not be able fulfill their fixtures

Last edited:
Double standards by the EFL.
I'm guessing they are waiting to see if they manage to save themselves before considering the punishment for not fulfilling their match v Donny.

No sympathy at all for Bury.
Lived beyond their means for years.
At least an extra well run non-league club get to come up this season.
I was living in Maidstone when they got kicked out, nowhere near the ammount of grief across the football world at their demise.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories (I can't ever remember seeing us win there off the top of my head) "Oyston In Fcuk your club"

I'm still hoping Horwich go under, let's pray they do

Double standards by the EFL.
I'm guessing they are waiting to see if they manage to save themselves before considering the punishment for not fulfilling their match v Donny.

No sympathy at all for Bury.
Lived beyond their means for years.
At least an extra well run non-league club get to come up this season.
I was living in Maidstone when they got kicked out, nowhere near the ammount of grief across the football world at their demise.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories (I can't ever remember seeing us win there off the top of my head) "Oyston In Fcuk your club"

I'm still hoping Horwich go under, let's pray they do
I for one feel sorry for the fans and did not wish to lose two Lancs Clubs.
I agree with 95% plus of your posts but not this one...

The EFL are a disgrace. I have sympathy for those decent fans who sympathised with our plight and piss on the shattered dreams of those who mocked us under Oyston. It is not the end of their club. They will do an Accy in time so no need for a huge outpouring of grief. Horwich should be the next to go; their presence threatens the integrity of competition in L1.

The EFL must now expel the murderers. Then they must reform and review their pathetic existence supporting owners rather than fans, I'd like to see them go next

So what happens to the results Bury SHOULD have played? Do those teams automatically get 3 points now?

As an aside, we should count ourselves lucky. Bury could so easily have been US.

Bury have been expunged from the fixtures and table already. So now a league of 23 teams and only 3 relegated. No points as they didn't play any games

THE Football Ventures consortium have completed a deal to buy The Bolton Whites Hotel.
Administrators Quantuma have confirmed the business has been sold, securing the future of around 100 jobs.
It was announced this afternoon that Football Ventures have also bought the club, saving it from potential liquidation.
Having closed due to financial difficulties on 1 May 2019, Quantuma partners Andrew Hosking, Sean Bucknell and Michael Kiely were appointed joint administrators to the hotel on 14 May 2019. The hotel was re-opened on immediately following the appointment, and has continued to trade under Quantuma’s management.

Andrew Hosking, joint administrator at Bolton Whites Hotel, said: “The Joint Administrators of Bolton Whites Hotel Limited are pleased to announce the sale of the business and assets of the Company to FVWL Hotel Limited, which will safeguard at least 100 jobs.
“The Joint Administrators would like to thank all staff for their commitment and ongoing hard work during what has been an extremely stressful time, and wish the new owners every success for the future.”

1 comment

Bury have been expunged from the fixtures and table already. So now a league of 23 teams and only 3 relegated. No points as they didn't play any games

But there will be teams at the end of the season who will have played one less game than the others and that could mean a difference between being promoted or relegated...

But there will be teams at the end of the season who will have played one less game than the others and that could mean a difference between being promoted or relegated...
Hi Bob,

I'm confused. Which teams "will have played one less game than the others?" Unless I'm misunderstanding the reports, all teams will play each other home and away - although 5 teams got an easy ride by playing the Bolton 'kiddies'.

5 days to get a squad in place, wonder how many from bury will move across .
  • League One and League Two Clubs will have until 5pm on Monday 2 September, 2019, due to August 31 falling on a Saturday.

Hi Bob,

I'm confused. Which teams "will have played one less game than the others?" Unless I'm misunderstanding the reports, all teams will play each other home and away - although 5 teams got an easy ride by playing the Bolton 'kiddies'.

Sask, the teams that should have played Bury already that got cancelled (off the top of my head Tranmere is one of them). They are showing only played 4 games instead of our 5 games...

Or am I not thinking straight?
The

Hi Bob,

4 teams in actual fact as the Doncaster game was postponed.

Still this has given 4 clubs including Ipswich a distinct advantage over the remainder of the division and +5 on the GD

To which the EFL will surely have to look at? Gawd, Ollie got fined for fielding a 'weak side' in the PL against Villa...

I see Bury are now asking the EFL to overturn their decision as they've found a new £7m buyer....

Going Going Gone....

"Oyston In Fcuk your club"

League Two next season was rejected by the English Football League's 71 member clubs at a meeting on Thursday.
Bury, who were in League One, were expelled from the EFL in August after a last-ditch takeover bid collapsed.
On Friday, a group trying to rescue Bury submitted a plan for "compassionate re-entry" to League Two.
However, an EFL statement said "it became clear that the proposal did not have the necessary support".
It added that EFL clubs' "preferred direction of travel" was "extending the existing principle of a reduction in relegation across all divisions as a means of returning to 72 clubs now and for the future".
It means only one team will go down from League Two this campaign, rather than two, while three clubs will go down from League One.