BodyButter's Weird Thread About Stuff Nobody Else Is Interested In | Page 6 | Vital Football

BodyButter's Weird Thread About Stuff Nobody Else Is Interested In

I came across this guy on Youtube who has a series of videos on the Amish/Menonites. Fascinating stuff. He has a ton of videos about different communities around the world. Anyway, he has a video about what he dislikes about the US (he's American) and a corresponding video about what he likes.

One if the main things he dislikes about the US is how devisive the politics has become and the media has followed suit.

I've seen that here in Malaysia where the politics is most race based. Malaysians are generally cool with people of other races and everyone gets along well for the most part until elections come around the politicians start race baiting and things get tense. Race based politics is a hugely corrosive force in Malaysia and it seems that identity politics is having the same effect in the US. I don't think Britain suffers from the same problem but I haben't lived there for a long time.

The question is; is it party politics that artificially creates this us-against-them conflict? Is there a way of escaping this trap or are we all condemned to a future of being turned against each other for political gain?

Permanent state of us against them and it'd definitely got worse in the last few years. I don't see any fix for that for the majority.

Changing our voting system to proportional representation from first past the post would mean people could actually vote for their favourite party rather than voting to try and stop their least favourite. PR also makes coalitions almost the norm which means parties having to learn to work together. The US and UK two of only a handful who use the system and it encourages the worst of modern politics.

I don't think politics is that much better elsewhere in fairness. It's a good idea but hardly a silver bullet for cleaning up our system.

I've just noticed that my taskbar on my laptop is now telling me the weather. I know the weather is less important here than in other parts of the world but it seems to be a feature of modern technology that we are constantly informed of the current weather. My phone does it, it's advertised as a feature of Google/Amazon speakers and now my laptop does it.

Are those Silicon Valley autistic programmer guys all obsessed with the weather or is this a feature that normal people actually want?

Do you need to be aware of the weather at all times?

Am I just a cantankerous old laggard for looking out the window whenever I want to know what the weather is like?

[QUOTE="BodyButter, post: 3266596, member: 481"l
Am I just a cantankerous old laggard for looking out the window whenever I want to know what the weather is like?[/QUOTE]

I prefer the look through the window type of forecast! It's more reliable than the person/s who do weather reporting even by laptop

Watched a documentary years back about a park, I think it was called Jurasic, where they brought back dinosaurs. Mainly covered up I believe, lets just say, it didn't end well.

Nothing ends well when people try to recreate the past! Mogg and Brexit are proof of that

I've just noticed that my taskbar on my laptop is now telling me the weather. I know the weather is less important here than in other parts of the world but it seems to be a feature of modern technology that we are constantly informed of the current weather. My phone does it, it's advertised as a feature of Google/Amazon speakers and now my laptop does it.

Are those Silicon Valley autistic programmer guys all obsessed with the weather or is this a feature that normal people actually want?

Do you need to be aware of the weather at all times?

Am I just a cantankerous old laggard for looking out the window whenever I want to know what the weather is like?
Ultimately this stuff consumes more resources as well. A get request over a network to a weather API, which wastes electricity, it will also drawdown that bit more RAM on your machine as well.

What I truly hate about windows is the way updates are scheduled and operate. You will get harassed to update and then coincidentally I find my machine starts performing worse until the update has been done. The latest is the intrusive recommendation to upgrade to Windows 11, I don’t want fucking windows 11, fuck off.

I'm beginning to really hate all of this stuff.

Why am I getting emails from Google asking me how my trip to the park was today? Get fucked.

As for the weather, yeah, that's what windows are for, stick your head out.

Because Big Brother is watching you! More accurately Google knows your location at all times unless you switch it off. When you do that it's always asking for your location so pointless turning it off

Here's a thought that doesn't have a natural home, I'd rather have Bruce or Dyche as a neighbour than Pep or Jose. I'd have Klopp over Fergie too in case I get accused of hating immigrants.

Steve Bruce seems like a lovely man and I think Dyche would be a laugh.

Fergie always struck me as a total Knut. Great manager but terrible person.

So, if you had to live next to a PL manager, who would you want to live next to?