BodyButter's Weird Thread About Stuff Nobody Else Is Interested In | Page 5 | Vital Football

BodyButter's Weird Thread About Stuff Nobody Else Is Interested In

No point in saving this until after I've kicked the bucket.

I had a weird thought last night while I was brushing my teeth. The Judeo-Christian idea is that this world is some kind of testing ground for souls to see who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. The Buddhist idea is that we keep returning to this world until we are good enough to move on.

What if there are a hundred of these Earths, good ones and bad ones? Say we are on Earth 57 and if we are good, we go up to Earth 45 or 53 or if we do badly, we get relegated to Earth 62 or 84. Earth 1 would be the best one, something very similar to heaven where we are all very nice to each other etc and Earth 100 is Small Heath.

Assuming all that is true, which Earth are we on?
I take it from your opening line above that you expect to be still posting after your demise.
Where do you think this will be from?

I take it from your opening line above that you expect to be still posting after your demise.
Where do you think this will be from?

It was from a comment I posted in another thread about how after we died we'll all get our own threads like Jonah's Really Interesting Thread.

To be honest, I never used to like it here. I was hoping this would be my last go on the merry-go-round but I've grown to like it more in recent years.

It was from a comment I posted in another thread about how after we died we'll all get our own threads like Jonah's Really Interesting Thread.

To be honest, I never used to like it here. I was hoping this would be my last go on the merry-go-round but I've grown to like it more in recent years.
When I asked where from, I meant in the here after, if there is one, such as in heaven, hell, purgatory, or some ethereal place as yet unknown.

I heard once that the difference between heaven and hell is that in heaven you have eternity to enjoy everything and everyone in any way you want. Hell is identical BUT you can never have a nice crunchy apple. For a very long time you won't miss that apple but eventually you will want it ...and as eternity elapses the want gets more and more.

I heard once that the difference between heaven and hell is that in heaven you have eternity to enjoy everything and everyone in any way you want. Hell is identical BUT you can never have a nice crunchy apple. For a very long time you won't miss that apple but eventually you will want it ...and as eternity elapses the want gets more and more.

That's a very interesting thought. Eternity is a terrifying concept.

I always wondered about fellas like Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates. After you got to the point where you didn't need any more money, wouldn't you walk away and go surfing or something? Lamborginis are cool and I'd definitely buy one if I had the money but I wouldn't work my ass off to get one. I couldn't be bothered with a yacht, I don't need a bigger house, etc.

Well, I've finally found something I would buy if I was a billionaire. I'd probably donate it to a museum on the understanding that I could go and see it in private any time I wanted.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...atops-skeleton-goes-on-display-before-auction