Bob steps down | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bob steps down

Did a good job in Difficult times , really nice bloke ,always had the clubs interests at heart.
Now it’s someone else’s turn and let the good times continue.

I've tried to finish this with a photo of Bob in the Royal Box at Wembley with the team and the Checkatrade Trophy, but typically, he's slightly out of picture, leaving the team and management to their glory. After that, I can understand why he's decided its time to step down.

CS1023_Lincoln_v_Shewsbury_1.jpg

Presumably minority share holders like Gisbert, myself and lots of others on this site.
And maybe one or two larger share holders who did not buy into the holding company idea or were not invited for reasons such as they supported the Trew plc bid.

Don't see location as a major issue with todays technology. Also Sportvest now own about 40% of Lincoln City Holdings. Their investment justifies they should call the shots.

No thanks. There are many individuals of whom have a decent amount of shares in the club. Clive has 200. Nothing against Clive, but In my mind we are still a Community club.

Bob, Rob Bradley and John Reames. Three giants from the locality. We need someone from the Trust or if not that, Roger Bates.

No thanks. There are many individuals of whom have a decent amount of shares in the club. Clive has 200. Nothing against Clive, but In my mind we are still a Community club.

Bob, Rob Bradley and John Reames. Three giants from the locality. We need someone from the Trust or if not that, Roger Bates.
200 in LCFC, but that's not LCH where his investment is.

The largest non-LCH shareholder used to post regularly and openly on Vitals but having been crucial to the club's survival in the KA era is presumably enjoying what I hope is good health in retirement

Don't think we will get much future investment from that source.

Not someone from the trust they have just not got the influence and more importantly not the money to put in.

Clive Nates, for me. He has demonstrated just how influential he is in such a short space of time, and you need a proven business leader with vision. I did note though that Herman Kok was appointed back to the board in April, he comes from The Lindum Group who have a good record of building a business with strong employee engagement. I believe he is now semi retired, he also is involved across the city with other community initiatives, so could be an outside bet!

New chairman.....look no further than Chris Ashton,loyal ,honest and decisive, a leader of men all key essentials needed to take the helm at LCFC.
Step forward from the shadows Chris and take the wheel with both hands...just remember to pull the reverse gear occasionally when the going gets tough........choppy 5/6.

New chairman.....look no further than Chris Ashton,loyal ,honest and decisive, a leader of men all key essentials needed to take the helm at LCFC.
Step forward from the shadows Chris and take the wheel with both hands...just remember to pull the reverse gear occasionally when the going gets tough........choppy 5/6.
I think Chris and David Beck put the trust shares in the holding company without consulting its members so its a no from alot of people!

Clive Nates, for me. He has demonstrated just how influential he is in such a short space of time, and you need a proven business leader with vision. I did note though that Herman Kok was appointed back to the board in April, he comes from The Lindum Group who have a good record of building a business with strong employee engagement. I believe he is now semi retired, he also is involved across the city with other community initiatives, so could be an outside bet!
Herman Kok? Sounds like one of the Munsters.

One thing I would say about Bob, he wasn't in it for an ego trip. I'm sure we can all think of many owners/chairman who are in it mainly to boost their own ego.

I think this is tongue in cheek, but good lord no. He's been a great servant for the club but he should stick to the Travel Section.

I was home last week. After a day at the cricket I saw Bob in the Tap and Spile. I was pretty well oiled by that point but had a word. I can’t remember to the word what I said but it was more than likely something like “I kin love you Bob, fanks for all you’ve done” or words to that effect.

Our conversation was a bit more in depth than that but I won’t bore you with it. I’ve never spoken to him before but he was entirely engaging and more than happy to talk.

I can only imagine how much pressure he was under when under the barrage of criticism he was subjected to from some quarters. It takes a strong man to not just get up and walk away.

If it wasn’t for Bob, we could very well be without a club and for that I’m eternally grateful. I hope I told him that and didn’t just spill my beer on his shoes or something. If I didn’t, here you go Bob. Cheers!