Bob steps down | Vital Football

Bob steps down

gijsbert_bos

Vital Football Hero
Replacement has been elected and will be announced shortly. Wonder if his loans have been paid back to him.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/june/180604-bob-statement/

It was a tough start to his stewardship and he made a number of mistakes but I always felt he was tryjng his best and had the club's interests at heart. He has since turned things around and seen us to some of our greatest achievements and leaves us in a far better position than when he began.

Thanks Bob!

Many thanks Bob. There is very little doubt that there would not be a Lincoln City in its current guise for us to support without your financial support through the really difficult times.

We all make mistakes but you have seen it through and I think we should all offer our sincerest thanks. :clap:

I for one would liketo see Roger Bates get the nod. City through and through who I have had the pleasure of chatting to for many years

Bob is a good man and did his best in trying times.He made mistakes particularly in some of his statements.

The one made immediately post-relegation was particularly disastrous. Some pretty iffy managerial decisions too (Sutton, Tilson mainly) but got a massive one completely right.

He cracked a few eggs (duf ones) but eventually found two belters! And my god does the omelette taste good right now! Thanks Bob.

It's easy to forget just how depressing things got when we were in non league. Bob was the only person who gave a sh1t frankly. Despite certain sections of the support trying to hound him out, there were no white knights waiting in the wings. He stabilised the club in the Conference and made the most important double-appointment we have ever had. For that I will always be very grateful.

He didn't appoint Sutton, Steff Wright did. Just one of many myths. And Tilson appeared a great appointment at the time, as the majority of Lincoln supporters will admit.

I'm pretty sure Bob was in charge of footballing matters although Steff was still Chairman.

As has been said he leaves the club stronger than when he was appointed and that's all anyone can ask.

He didn't appoint Sutton, Steff Wright did. Just one of many myths. And Tilson appeared a great appointment at the time, as the majority of Lincoln supporters will admit.

Clearly Bob knew that an Essex based Manergerial appointment was needed.