Blur v Oasis | Page 4 | Vital Football

Blur v Oasis

DeanoVilla - 27/3/2017 14:36

Ok let's look at this another way... you know when in football people pick their Manchester XI containing players from United & City, well lets do the same here then,

if you had to put on a combined Oasis/Blue gig, which 16 songs would you choose?

I would go for -

Whatever
Live Forever
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Listen Up
Supersonic
She's Electric
Acquiesce
Champagne Supernova
Morning Glory
Talk Tonight
The Masterplan
Sunday Morning Call
There's No Other Way
End of a Century
Song 2
Tender

So that's 12-4 to Oasis for me. Had to cut some really good songs from both bands, and to be fair I think I made a mistake including 'Tender' when I think of some of the Oasis tunes I had to drop, but I wanted to make it a bit less one sided.

Which songs did Blue sing then ?

Have you got a crush on Anthony Costa ?

:3:

How does One Love not make it onto the set list of an Oasis/Blue gig?

I don't think Deano is taking this seriously.

With only 16 songs to choose from i'm going with:

Live forever
Whatever
Columbia
Talk tonight
Slide Away
Wonderwall
Champagne supernova
Fade in-out
Half the world away
Masterplan
Gas panic
Force of nature
There's no other way
Park Life
Song 2
Out of time

11-5 Oasis

During the mid 90's heyday for both bands Oasis could have sold out Knebworth for 18 nights in a row playing to 125,000 people each night. 4 percent of the population applied for tickets.
Could Blur have done that ?
Oasis released an album in 1998 which contained b sides that has sold over 2 million copies And there are still songs which didn't even make that album that are top quality ( Round are Way, D'yer wanna be a spaceman, The Fame, Step out)
Could Blur have done that?.
Critics and purists may see more in the music of Blur but sales and musics fans will show where the bands stand and Oasis come out on top
Yes Blur took their music further but Oasis sound did change. There is a difference between Definately Maybe and Standing on the shoulders of giants and so on.

I am a huge Oasis fan so maybe difficult to be objective. I like Blur and have got their albums.

On another couple of issues, i love Be here Now. There isnt anything wrong with that album. How the hell do you top Definately Maybe and Whats the Story?. Like after the Knebworth gigs where do you go?. I am glad they didn't but you can totally get why Noel and Bonehead have said they should have walked of the stage and called it a day after those concerts.

Also i hope to god Oasis never reform. Leave it as it is with the memories standing as they are. I saw them 5 times including the 2009 Wembley gigs not long before they split. It kinda had the feeling that it was coming to an end. Don't spoil it !.

Went to Knebworth. It was quite good.

Didn't really think much of Kula Shaker though.

And agree Melon - DO NOT REFORM!!!! Leave it where it lies. Better that way for all concerned, especially the fans.

JuanPabloAngel - 27/3/2017 23:10

Went to Knebworth. It was quite good.

Didn't really think much of Kula Shaker though.

And agree Melon - DO NOT REFORM!!!! Leave it where it lies. Better that way for all concerned, especially the fans.

That was the second night i believe JPA

I went first night. Ocean Colour Scene, Manics and The Prodigy. Average support acts !.

It was indeed the second night Melon. Got a free ticket because a mate at the time worked for Sony Records, so I really shouldn't complain.

Think the Manics played that night as well if memory serves, as well as Cast, The Charlatans and Dreadzone. Seen the Manics a couple of times, excellent actually. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm happy enough.

Don't Look Back In Anger - one of my favourite tracks of all time. Brought tears to my eyes on the night, I'm not ashamed to admit. Although I probably should be :3:

Oasis by far for me. Well the first 3 albums at least, lost interest after that. Never got into Blur, but a couple of their songs are alright.

I was always way more into the Manics back then. And metal. Heavy metal, death metal, gothic metal, black metal, thrash metal, punk metal, viking metal, Celtic metal, prog metal, cyber metal, and grindcore.

Funny with me with these two bands, the earlier stuff for Oasis beat Blur no problem. Then Blur started to get interesting and Oasis, although they still did some cracking songs, were really treading water or just replicating.

Must say the last Blur album was a disappointment though.