Blur v Oasis | Page 2 | Vital Football

Blur v Oasis

Tellamuir - 27/3/2013 23:39

Blur is for girls, pretentious student twats. The only thing remotely interesting about Blur was Coxon's guitar playing but even he got fed up of the other pretentious student twats, and the ginger minger, and fooked off to paint or something. One became a lawyer, one a cheese maker and the other numpty a fookin cartoon character, nuff said.

Even Noels coke songs are better than most things Blur, Song2, Girlsandboys and maybe End of the Century apart. Oasis made us all gods and we were having it LARGE. Country fookin House, pure shite, like most of their product, utter pop shite pap. No bollocks at all.

No contest.

Blur hahahahahaha, like asking Barcelona or Luton?

This ^^

DeanoVilla - 28/3/2013 08:54

The Fear - 27/3/2013 21:11

It is all there for everyone to see.

Which was your favourite in Blue mate and are you going to their reunion concert?

:2:

hahaha fcukers the lot of you.

Oh and Duncan was my favourite by the way. lol

Deano, are you coming out in stages mate?

Just wondered, seems first you like Blue, then you admit your favourite is the gay one.

No worries, we don't judge here?!?! :17:

villawill - 28/3/2013 11:50

Blur is for girls, pretentious student twats. The only thing remotely interesting about Blur was Coxon's guitar playing but even he got fed up of the other pretentious student twats, and the ginger minger, and fooked off to paint or something. One became a lawyer, one a cheese maker and the other numpty a fookin cartoon character, nuff said.

Even Noels coke songs are better than most things Blur, Song2, Girlsandboys and maybe End of the Century apart. Oasis made us all gods and we were having it LARGE. Country fookin House, pure shite, like most of their product, utter pop shite pap. No bollocks at all.

No contest.

This ^^

what a load of total and utter gash. Blur are for girls and student twats...! :2:

Oasis started Premiership and slowly relegated themselves regurgitating the same songs (albeit, still some gems amongst the many fillers)

The Fear - 28/3/2013 21:16

DeanoVilla - 28/3/2013 08:54

The Fear - 27/3/2013 21:11

It is all there for everyone to see.

Which was your favourite in Blue mate and are you going to their reunion concert?

:2:

hahaha fcukers the lot of you.

Oh and Duncan was my favourite by the way. lol

Deano, are you coming out in stages mate?

Just wondered, seems first you like Blue, then you admit your favourite is the gay one.

No worries, we don't judge here?!?! :17:

Deano is coming out???

I didn't know he was ever in.

I've always championed that Ocean Colour Scene were better than both, but were less out of the spotlight because they didnt act like pricks.

Out of Blur and Oasis though, Oasis absolutely piss it IMO.

The Fear - 28/3/2013 12:17

villawill - 28/3/2013 11:50

No contest.

This ^^

what a load of total and utter gash. Blur are for girls and student twats...! :2:

Oasis started Premiership and slowly relegated themselves regurgitating the same songs (albeit, still some gems amongst the many fillers)

Jeez Fear. at least have the good grace to comprehend what I wrote before becoming highly indignant. :2: :2:

Blur are not for pretentious student twats, Blur ARE pretentious student twats. And Blur never made it near the premiership cos they were too busy playing softball with the girls.

Oh, and Noel is still very much in the Premiership.

Twas Liam who got relegated. :14:

Early Oasis for me the first 2 albums defined an era for a lot of people. I like Blur but a bit "meh" about a lot of their stuff.

No, I was responding like for like Tellamuir dude. You were dismissing the one, hence one I like, as for girls and pretentious students.

Why is my response in kind any worse!?

Or are you a big girls blouse! :17: :17:

Just for me, although I'm a fan of both, got more of Oasis actually as I have a few limited doo dahs and singles etc, but I just think Blur progressed and at least tried some different things, as does Alburn (albeit, I don't like a lot of the new stuff, not my style but it still impresses me he does all different things) whereas Noel had done an 'out there' cd which I was really looking forward to and apparently it has been shelved.

His high flying birds thing is ok but it is a bit dad rock really, no real risks or anything different. The one track deano found that Noel left off the cd is a total belter though and he has still got some good tracks on there.

So ner ner ner... :89:

James06 - 28/3/2013 12:53

I've always championed that Ocean Colour Scene were better than both, but were less out of the spotlight because they didnt act like pricks.

Out of Blur and Oasis though, Oasis absolutely piss it IMO.

:19:

One half decent album. OCS aren't fit to lace the boots of Blur, Oasis, Pulp... or Blue for that matter. lol

I did love Mosely Shoals though, and did enjoy seeing them live at the O2 Academy, so I'm not just hating for the sake of it, but they just aren't even in the same ball park.

Hundred Mile High City was arguably better IMO, Mechanical Wonder up there, and B sides and freerides the best album by far.

Pulp lol

I don't care, never really impressed by either of them. I will happily tap my foot and sing along to either band's music but my personal tastes lie elsewhere.

Blurs output is FAR superior and more consistent than that of Oasis. To hear some people here describe it as 'pop' in a derogatory way just highlights a lack of knowledge - Listen to 'Blur' or '13'. Also, since when is a band being 'arty' a bad thing? Pink Flloyd, Wire, Talking Heads anybody?

Oasis, Pulp, Suede were all class bands at their best. Blur maintained an almost faultless standard, whilst evolving their sound, from their second album onwards. To be fair, even the 'average' bands back then like Ocean Colour Scene, Cast or the Bluetones still produced some pretty damn good stuff whilst you also had the more experimental and brilliant Primal Scream, Radiohead, Spiritualized, Super Furry Animals etc... Shows how shocking the music scene is today - with the exception of Noel's solo stuff and Albarn's collaborations!

Anyway, here's a link of Noel Joining Albarn and Coxon on stage to play the wonderful 'Tender' (girly pop song?) the other night: http://gawker.com/5992228/legendary-britpop-beef-squashed-as-blur-and-oasis-members-share-the-stage

The Fear - 28/3/2013 13:20

No, I was responding like for like Tellamuir dude. You were dismissing the one, hence one I like, as for girls and pretentious students.

Just for me, although I'm a fan of both, got more of Oasis actually as I have a few limited doo dahs and singles etc, but I just think Blur progressed and at least tried some different things, as does Alburn (albeit, I don't like a lot of the new stuff, not my style but it still impresses me he does all different things) whereas Noel had done an 'out there' cd which I was really looking forward to and apparently it has been shelved.

His high flying birds thing is ok but it is a bit dad rock really, no real risks or anything different. The one track deano found that Noel left off the cd is a total belter though and he has still got some good tracks on there.

Big girls blouse? Do I sound like a Blurette? If thats what yis are called? Just my opinion but I doubt Blur ever changed a single life so I dont think they can be compared. Maybe Luton was a bit unkind, so will amend to Brentford!!!!

As mush as it pains me, have to agree re Dad rock. Am a Dad and I rock.

McGrath4Pope, never said 'arty' being a bad thing, just imho does little for me or to move me but thats probably just my lack of knowledge of lame pop art bands fatally tainted by pretentious students. Its a crazy situation but all I need is cigarettes and alcohol. :5:

Tellamuir - 28/3/2013 14:14

The Fear - 28/3/2013 13:20

Big girls blouse? Do I sound like a Blurette? If thats what yis are called? Just my opinion but I doubt Blur ever changed a single life so I dont think they can be compared. Maybe Luton was a bit unkind, so will amend to Brentford!!!!

As mush as it pains me, have to agree re Dad rock. Am a Dad and I rock.

McGrath4Pope, never said 'arty' being a bad thing, just imho does little for me or to move me but thats probably just my lack of knowledge of lame pop art bands fatally tainted by pretentious students. Its a crazy situation but all I need is cigarettes and alcohol. :5:

Erm...I'm not a pretentious student? As an Oasis fan you may have heard of the Sex Pistols? pure art college stuff. I Just have a broader spectrum of taste I suppose. I love both Blur and Oasis - have seen both live on several occasions (and Gorillaz and High Glying Birds). Just as many pretentious Oasis fans in my experience - cheap Parker jacket, 'Reni' hat (but think it's a 'Liam' hat), 'sorted', bowling around pissed trying to look 'well ard' coz that's what us working class heroes do...

Tough one

I have got to say, when Blur got popular (about 3 yrs after There's no other way) I absolutely detested them with a pasion - all the mock cockney when you know I am verging on upper class stuff - hated them.

However, I then went to work for EMI, and promoted the Blur and 13 album, I was forced into going to see them against my will, and , I have to admit, they were absolutely superb. So I started to revisit the old stuff and found tracks like "To the end" which is just utter class.

Then we have Oasis - and , although I only own Morning Glory, I have liked every single they have ever released, and Don't look back in Anger is in my top 5, and I feel is THE best No.1 of all time (and voted for it on that ITV show the other year).

What I will say is this.

Oasis are best at what they do, but what they do , they did for ni-on 15 yrs.

Blur , track by track, don't match Oasis, but their range is far superior - I mean , "To the end" "Parklife" "Song 2" and "Tender" - they sound like four different bands - you have to give them credit for that.

I would never have said it 15 yrs ago - but yes - you CAN like them both !!

Liked both growing seen oasis live and loved it. Think liked blur more as I got older.
Ocean colour scene for me should of blown them both away and never did. Also shed seven, the cranberys, suade all bloody good !!

Suede were fecking excellent, but they did sort of fizzle a bit. Just got their new album on order as no HMV in Redditch = can't get it anywhere in all of Redditch. Pathetic!

Oasis all the way for me. Acquiesce and Live Forever are two of my all time favourite tracks. Like most people I liked Song 2 by Blur but found most of their other stuff a bit bland, however I'll always remember seeing Tender on Later with Jools, when they performed with a full gospel choir and I fell in love with that song and still play it now.