Bloody Sunday arrest | Vital Football

Bloody Sunday arrest

gator

Vital Champions League
So they have arrested an ex Para 43 years on but they have already ended the pursuit of the Birmingham bombers which happened 41 years ago.Now I'm not saying the Para's are innocent because there was a cloak of secrecy about the whole incident but why do the families of the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings not deserve justice just like everyone else who has been unlawfully killed this absolutely stinks to me.

Well is it Ian or is there something a little more sinister going here I'm not really into conspiracy theories but this just doesn't sit right with me suppose I'm just being silly because after all the British government don't do deals with terrorists.

Well, here's a situation which is rapidly going south.

It may be 20-odd years since Blair's moment in the sun, but peace has been fragile at best. It's seemingly impossible to move on, there is too much deep-seated mistrust, and with the current government more worried about battering the people who voted them in than achieving and preserving peace in areas of conflict and danger, things are about to get a whole lot worse, not least in Northern Ireland.

I might be overreacting, but just been having a read of the WW3 thread and it just brings home what a massive mess the world really is in. There is no sense of society and common ground and shard interests - the only interests are oil and foreign money, and any government will do what it takes to retain access to both of these evils.

Not right Skeggy is it Adams too he's just as guilty but it's all right they are honest politicians now where as the Birmingham families are probably just scum bags on benefits.

Didn't Adams and McGuiness receive get out of jail free cards from Blair a few years ago

Fulford - 10/11/2015 20:39

Didn't Adams and McGuiness receive get out of jail free cards from Blair a few years ago
The Good Friday agreement which then became the St Andrews agreement which saw convicted murderers released from prison and a lot more unsolved cases closed but obviously only sectarian cases were closed.

I applaud the belated arrest, but as already pointed out, it's one rule for one, one rule for the 'other'......

Something hasn't come out in the wash yet, I wonder if it ever will.....

In reallity, the Good Friday Agreement practically gives a pardon to any Rupublican terrorist for activities upto the signing of the agreement, making pursuing any of those responsible in the case mentioned above or any other case before the GFA was signed a futile act. Sadly this does not apparently apply to British soldiers. I'm not defending anyone murdering anyone else but I do think that all should be held accountable to the same standards and the GFA makes a mockery of this.

NI Villan - 11/11/2015 15:55

Both sets of families deserve justice.
Exactly bud, Blair has blood by the bucket loads on his hands this Para is obviously the sacrificial Lamb you can't tell me he was the only guilty party.The big disgrace is the families who lost loved ones to the IRA is the message that's being sent out of your loss is unimportant.

It is hard to do but if 'we' are ever to move on then we have to do exactly that, move on.

You cannot give pardons to 'one side' and not the other.

Everything should have been wiped (and I say this with much deference to a few mates here who have done active service and seen what they've seen, gone through what they have gone through... not easy to leave that all behind for anyone who has been in the middle of all this, hard enough for by standers on 'both sides')

I can't quite believe how clumsy this all looks. Actually, that is a lie, I can easily believe it, our politicians are fucking idiots after all. They send the forces out to these wars and then abandon them on their return.

The Fear - 11/11/2015 16:20

I can't quite believe how clumsy this all looks. Actually, that is a lie, I can easily believe it, our politicians are fucking idiots after all. They send the forces out to these wars and then abandon them on their return.

:1:

What's the point of even arresting him anyway 43 years later? Did he kill all 14 people by himself? Are they going to go through all the trouble of arresting and charging all the other Paras that might have been involved in the killings too?

As Fear said, everything should have been wiped. It's just a token gesture and a waste of time. It was a war by all accounts, so arresting an individual here and there is pointless. Move on.

But let's not forget about the scapegoats that were the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four either. Lives completely ruined for nothing.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 12/11/2015 03:10

But let's not forget about the scapegoats that were the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four either. Lives completely ruined for nothing.

And worst of all, the Renault 5. How many lives ruined there?

Just the one soldier then? Wow.

A former British soldier faces murder charges over the killing of two people on Bloody Sunday in Londonderry in 1972.

The Public Prosecution Service said there was enough evidence to prosecute Soldier F for the murders of James Wray and William McKinney.

He also faces charges for the attempted murders of Patrick O'Donnell, Joseph Friel, Joe Mahon and Michael Quinn.

The PPS said there was insufficient evidence to prosecute 16 other soldiers and two Official IRA men.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47540271