BLADES away to the Bees | Page 3 | Vital Football

BLADES away to the Bees

Very true. I think we'd have been battling it out with the Pigs at the bottom end, maybe even Rotherham if we picked up a larger fine. It was hard to see anything beyond administration if we didn't go up last season and I'm still not so sure things will be a lot better for us next especially considering the state of our squad and how many new players we'll need to bring in. I think talk of new training grounds and property development is just bullshit personally unless there's new money coming onboard.
We have to have cleared a bulk of the debt. We only spent £25 million, even taking into account running costs. We would not even be able to contemplate a new training ground if that were not the case. Anel and Souza will be sold. The wage bill ( the highest running cost) will massively reduce with circa 15-18 high salaries disappearing. That should take the running costs well below break even. It will be easier to build from here when costs wise we can see the wood from the trees. The longer term depends on the quality of the few new permanent signings, so we have a strong base. If we can do that successfully promotion will then depend on finding a MGW type game changer and someone to compliment Arblaster and Hamer both on loan. In a season of so much change it will be very difficult to get promotion. The differentiator is new investment but that is getting harder with the world seemingly splitting into 2 sides. There is stupid money in Saudi so surely that would be the best avenue for the Prince to explore ?.

Last edited:
I may sound racist but f..k it, I wish we were,nt owned by an Arab. From personal experience I never trust em. Not since as a 20 year old I bought a Rolex at a Souk in Crater and thought I,ll go down to the Lido and flash it off to the WRAF fanny. All going well till I dived into the Red Sea and watched the bezel floating off towards the Shark nets! Robbing barstewards!

We have to have cleared a bulk of the debt. We only spent £25 million, even taking into account running costs. We would not even be able to contemplate a new training ground if that were not the case. Anel and Souza will be sold. The wage bill ( the highest running cost) will massively reduce with circa 15-18 high salaries disappearing. That should take the running costs well below break even. It will be easier to build from here when costs wise we can see the wood from the trees. The longer term depends on the quality of the few new permanent signings, so we have a strong base. If we can do that successfully promotion will then depend on finding a MGW type game changer and someone to compliment Arblaster and Hamer both on loan. In a season of so much change it will be very difficult to get promotion. The differentiator is new investment but that is getting harder with the world seemingly splitting into 2 sides. There is stupid money in Saudi so surely that would be the best avenue for the Prince to explore ?.
All that makes sense BFL but I'll only believe it when I see it under the current stewardship. He'll have to get everything right on and off the pitch to guide us through this one successfully. I'm not convinced anymore mate but I live in hope as always. 🤞

Very true. I think we'd have been battling it out with the Pigs at the bottom end, maybe even Rotherham if we picked up a larger fine. It was hard to see anything beyond administration if we didn't go up last season and I'm still not so sure things will be a lot better for us next especially considering the state of our squad and how many new players we'll need to bring in. I think talk of new training grounds and property development is just bullshit personally unless there's new money coming onboard.
Not like our club that is it gray

B ullshit
L ies
A nd
D eceit
E very
S eason

Unacceptably bad performance....not sure if one player gave 80%.

What a horrific season this has been.... I never thought it could get worse than our last season in the Prem....but it has.

The Wilder/Hecky/Wilder shuffle has taken us nowhere...and will not take us forward.
I'm not havin a dig at you Germaine but were you happier when Slav Jokanovic was boss? The Board are to blame for 90% of this shambolic season in my opinion,yes Hecky & Chris have made mistake but there aint a manager who aint made mistakes.I'm just wonderin if you have someone in mind who you would prefer to be BLADES boss? UTB

I'm not havin a dig at you Germaine but were you happier when Slav Jokanovic was boss? The Board are to blame for 90% of this shambolic season in my opinion,yes Hecky & Chris have made mistake but there aint a manager who aint made mistakes.I'm just wonderin if you have someone in mind who you would prefer to be BLADES boss? UTB
No problem Rod. Wilder has had his moment as a manager and won't bring anything new/fresh to the table IMHO.

He has already brought back the hoof tactics that I hated so much last time we were in the Prem. Its not progressive its regressive. Its saying 'I don't think you players are good enough to hold onto the ball so just launch it in the air and hope for the best.

Now we are heading back down and are going to have a clear out....its a great time to appoint a younger forward thinking manager. Personally I don't care about rushing back to the Prem too soon.

I don't know who this is but their should be someone at the Lane who does.

But they aren't good enough to hang onto the ball Saturday alone proved that never mind the other 30 odd games this season

But they aren't good enough to hang onto the ball Saturday alone proved that never mind the other 30 odd games this season
The squad obviously aint good enuff for the Premier league,like ya say they've proved that over the season Bully, but i do think some of the newcomers could well be more than good enuff for us to compete at the top end of the championship,that said Our Chris will not want a lot of em and want his own players in.UTB

The squad obviously aint good enuff for the Premier league,like ya say they've proved that over the season Bully, but i do think some of the newcomers could well be more than good enuff for us to compete at the top end of the championship,that said Our Chris will not want a lot of em and want his own players in.UTB
My biggest problem with them apart from not even being able to do the basics right is how easy they just give up that doesn’t suddenly right itself when you drop a division does it

Wallet searched? WTF! If I had been there, altho there,s f..k all in my wallet I would have ended up in the slammer after leaving some southern twat nursing a fat lip!