Blackpool v Nottingham Forest FA Cup Replay | Page 20 | Vital Football

Blackpool v Nottingham Forest FA Cup Replay

With the players we look to have available, I don’t think that’s a bad shout….could be a risk though as both players look like they have the potential to contribute zero work rate between them just when we need them to dig deep…
Even though both our goalies, or all 4 are complete shite, I still think our number 1 priority is a winger. Elanga being out now shows this, and in fact I think we need 2 wingers, but the other can wait till summer

Even though both our goalies, or all 4 are complete shite, I still think our number 1 priority is a winger. Elanga being out now shows this, and in fact I think we need 2 wingers, but the other can wait till summer

If you can't keep clean sheets it's difficult to win points.

Hudson-Odoi is exactly what I said we were getting… somebody with limited ability and who no longer has his pace to fall back on. There’s nothing to ‘unlock’… he’s simply not very good. Elanga on the other hand has plenty to offer

this. just not very good. i dont see what he has in the locker that will all of a sudden explode.

I totally get it, but Turner can stop shots by and large. Just hoof it when its played to him, reset, and go again.

We are so short upfront and out wide, that we need players here over the goalies for the immediate weeks

"Stop shots by and large".

Fuck me, if those were the qualifications to be a PL keeper these days, I wish I would have been born 10 years later.

I'll give CHO the benefit of the doubt because he had Tavares behind him and relied on Yates to overlap. Tavares needs fucking off back to arsenal. I doubt we can do that now though. He's atrocious
Now that he appears to have lost his pace, CHO looks very ordinary; I see little improvement from week to week

Could CHO do a better job in the ‘10’ position as MGW back up? If his pace has gone, play Tavares there on the wing until Elanga is back or we get this winger before Feb 1..?
If he cant do it from a wide position he certainly will not produce the goods at 10

Tavares is simply not a fullback. He has no defensive ability beyond that of a winger and he isn't fast enough with the ball.

In the first game against Blackpool we brought him on for an attacking role on the wing and he was ok. Reminded me of Antonio a bit- a powerful battering ram on the wing.
He has done nothing to suggest he is a good defender; however, I get the impression Nuno favours him over Harry

"Stop shots by and large".

Fuck me, if those were the qualifications to be a PL keeper these days, I wish I would have been born 10 years later.
Turner is first- choice goalkeeper for an international team that regularly gets to the last 16 of the World Cup. By that metric, and I know it is imperfect, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the world. The problem with him has been his kicking. It is a bit like Joe Hart with the game that Pep Guardiola wanted to play. Even though Joe Hart was a perfectly satisfactory goalkeeper for England , and certainly less criticised than Pickford, he was exposed by that new Manchester City tactic.
If we do the opposite, Turner may be OK, certainly for the season.
We also have another international, World Cup playing (albeit sent off playing for the worst team there) in Hennessey, and the Turner's understudy. So it is hard to be all doom and gloom about it.

Yep…I keep flirting from one to the other but the bottom line is, we are absolutely desperate for both of those positions imo

Couldn't agree more with this non -political post but do we have to call him Christina..I mean you really are letting the genie out of the bottle with this and may Hurt his feelings during game time. On Reflection could you reconsider please?

What else are we going to call him with that last name? Not too many famous ones to pick from.

Turner is first- choice goalkeeper for an international team that regularly gets to the last 16 of the World Cup. By that metric, and I know it is imperfect, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the world. The problem with him has been his kicking. It is a bit like Joe Hart with the game that Pep Guardiola wanted to play. Even though Joe Hart was a perfectly satisfactory goalkeeper for England , and certainly less criticised than Pickford, he was exposed by that new Manchester City tactic.
If we do the opposite, Turner may be OK, certainly for the season.
We also have another international, World Cup playing (albeit sent off playing for the worst team there) in Hennessey, and the Turner's understudy. So it is hard to be all doom and gloom about it.
Also Turner's attitude seems spot on to me. He's the kind of guy that will spend 12 hours a day kicking to get it right.

Whereas Vlach seems like he doesn't give a damn and is not assertive