Blackpool v Lincoln City Match Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Blackpool v Lincoln City Match Thread

Thank God we don't have a game at Sunderland next week.
No leadership on the field at all, not helped with the goalie being captain.
I just hope we can bring in a couple of players who can make a difference

Husband is a clown, no pressure so he puts himself under it. After what he was saying last week. Disgraceful.

How are Lincoln top? This is a bang average league and we are making it look such hard work.

They’ve created nothing today, absolutely nothing. Maxwell hasn’t had a save to make. 3 individual defensive errors have cost us, again.
He made a great double save second half and their number 20 missed a great chance first half?

Putting the result to one side, that was an open, entertaining game. Both sides clearly a work in a progress, but if (when?) they really click could be exciting to watch. We, in particular, have plenty to work on though. The free weekend next Sat could prove to be beneficial.

I don’t think Critchleys very good he looks weak, sounds weak, his team is young and weak another wrong appointment in my eyes. How long is his contract? Can we fuck him off cheaply?

I don’t think Critchleys very good he looks weak, sounds weak, his team is young and weak another wrong appointment in my eyes. How long is his contract? Can we fuck him off cheaply?

Early days. Speaks a lot of sense. New system, new players and most are young and finding their feet in this league

Think we are going to have to fund a centre half and good left footers are rare or not cheap, so we will end up with two right footers and many have done that

Yates I bet has an illness or niggle so taken off but why no Maddine?

Keep the faith

He had a cushy job at Liverpool in comparison, I'm afraid we are a learning curve for him. He may prove a decent manager for some club one day. Very green at the moment at our expense it seems.

I’m still excited about Critchley. Signings all look good, and I include Ekpiteta in that for what it’s worth, system looks SO close to clicking.
Thought Ekpiteta did well today.

NC spot on in his post match interview again. He looks as frustrated as we all are. He knows improvement must come (and in some cases new players), but it might not happen overnight and he isn't the type to criticise players publicly - just look at how that went down last season under Larry. That sort of thing, quite rightly, takes place in private.

There is plenty to work on but also plenty to be positive about. I was unsure about NC's appointment (and said as much at the time) but he's growing on me even though it's clear he's still learning... just like the players are. I do worry that we've inadvertently put pressure on ourselves by SS and the players coming out and saying promotion is the aim. Can completely understand why they have (particularly SS who'll have wanted to distance himself from the Oystons and give the fans hope), but that + last season's 'lost season' has cranked the pressure up amongst an increasingly impatient fan base.

Said it before and I'll say it again: I'll be happy with 10th this season (but think we have the potential to do much better).

Don't get me wrong, if the improvement I think is not too far away doesn't come further down the line then I'll obviously reassess but there's still a long, long way to go this season and I'm happy to show patience as I can see the club, in general, is going in the right direction. I dread to think what state we'd be in with Covid + Oystons!

Winning builds confidence as does the habit of winning. Unfortunately, we are devloping a losing habit.
I bet Madine was pissed off when the useless Sarkic was brought on

I like Critchley.. I like his philosophy , his playing style and his recruitment strategy. He has cleared out deadwood and brought in youngsters with talent and potential to kick on. We must be patient . Soon we will turn the corner as the new players bed in, we ship out two or three more and bring in the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Don't believe it. That is why Husband is not a CB. Not impressed with NC's judgement atm. We can all see where the team needs strengthening (experienced CB and midfield general) and his subs are bizarre.
And yet more defensive shambles. NC fill the gaps or get out

He played well up to that point, then a silly mistake, bad control. He would have even been better hoofing it than having his pants down. Simple football needed what ever position.

He played well up to that point, then a silly mistake, bad control. He would have even been better hoofing it than having his pants down. Simple football needed what ever position.

If only he had fouled him outside the box or let him take his chances of scoring from open play. Poor judgement for an experienced pro.

Been out in the boozer with Lincoln fans tonight. Very interesting views on today's game. Will post tomorrow their thoughts.