Turton

Anderson
Robson
Ward

Lubala
Hamilton

Yates

Subs: Sims, Garbutt, Nottingham, Williams, Sarkic, Kemp, Madine

The Husband/Nottingham switch seems nailed on after last Sat, and I suspect Bez will retain his place with Kaikai injured again (personally I'd give Kemp a start).

Think Turton will keep his spot today despite Gabriel signing, and that Gabriel will be phased in starting Tuesday night (let's face it, Turton hasn't done anything to lose the shirt).

Reckon Garbutt will get a spot on the bench having got minutes behind closed doors in the week, and he'd provide a left sided option in Kaikai's absence.

Lincoln play 4-3-3 as well, although I'm not entirely sure how they'll line up.

That prat Appleton has got them well drilled and focused on getting the basics right and being hard to beat. They seem quite happy to let the other side have the ball, soak up the pressure and break. If Harry Anderson starts then Mitchell will need to be careful he doesn't leave space in behind him.

Lincoln have scored a few from set pieces already this season, so we'll need to improve on the number of freekicks we've given away this season and obviously our defending from set pieces.

Think the midfield battle could be key and I still think we need another 'scrapper' in there alongside Robson (Virtue being injured is a blow). Ward doesn't impose himself enough on games consistently (think the fact that he's completed the most passes in the league masks some flaws) and as a result Anderson has to drop deeper. Bridcutt will sit deep for them and James Jones puts himself about so we'll need to be on the money there.

Like us, Lincoln like playing out from the back, but don't look as comfortable as us at it (famous last words!), so I really want to see us impose our high press on them.

Think it'll be a tough game but fancy us to nick it 2-1.

Will also be interesting to see Hamilton up against their young left back Roughan who they rate very highly (haven't seen him play myself).

Think we'll see the following lineup in the Trophy on Tuesday night btw:

Sims

Garbutt
Husband
Nottingham
Gabriel

Williams
Antwi
Sarkic

Lubala
Kemp

Madine

With one squad place left Eamonn, do you think we'll recruit again soon? If so, any whispers of who and what position?

With one squad place left Eamonn, do you think we'll recruit again soon? If so, any whispers of who and what position?
Yes. Centre half and a centre mid. We're still looking at shipping a few out and I wouldn't be surprised to see us end the window with a spot or two still free.

Suspect today's team picks itself:

Maxwell

Mitchell
Husband
Ekpiteta
Turton

Anderson
Robson
Ward

Lubala
Hamilton

Yates

Subs: Sims, Garbutt, Nottingham, Williams, Sarkic, Kemp, Madine

The Husband/Nottingham switch seems nailed on after last Sat, and I suspect Bez will retain his place with Kaikai injured again (personally I'd give Kemp a start).

Think Turton will keep his spot today despite Gabriel signing, and that Gabriel will be phased in starting Tuesday night (let's face it, Turton hasn't done anything to lose the shirt).

Reckon Garbutt will get a spot on the bench having got minutes behind closed doors in the week, and he'd provide a left sided option in Kaikai's absence.
Just watched NC's pre-match interview and he's said that Kaikai might actually be fit. Personally I wouldn't risk him if there's any doubt.