Bishop Injury? | Vital Football

Bishop Injury?

nlondonimp

Vital Champions League
any news on the seriousness of this?

he did seem to go down and walk off as if it was a precautionary sub. if it is more serious, will we be looking for one more signing - on top of what was already planned?

Last edited:
I think Bishop came back out on to the bench after initially going off so hopefully it was non too serious.

Hopefully not too serious, the guy needs a bit of luck. I thought he played well on Saturday in picking up pockets of space and winning the ball on turnovers. When he gets chance to bring the ball forward and run at people he's a pleasure to watch.
It happens twice/thrice in a run of games and then he gets injured and out for six. Rinse and repeat over the length of the contract.

Interestingly just seen the video of the players applauding the fans after the Peterborough game. And Bushop was walking around with them and didn't appear to be in too much discomfort. So may be a minor tweek of the hamstring and not a full on Hamstring pull. I have pulled my hamstring before and could hardly walk so hopefully he will only be out for a short period of time.

Couldn't see him in any of the training photos this week- that may be just coincidence but I'm not expecting him to play this week. Which means Moylan may get a start (or he may not).

Couldn't see him in any of the training photos this week- that may be just coincidence but I'm not expecting him to play this week. Which means Moylan may get a start (or he may not).
He is training in the “Day in the life of Ben House” which looks like it was filmed this week

It's clear watching the last 3 games...that the way we are trying to play cries out for players like Bishop....

He is fit around 60-75% of the time. We need to find another player as capable as Bishop to add to the squad...to cover the 25% he won't play.

Or a player who will play 75% himself meaning we can have a quality man in Bishop to come on from the bench and start about 25% of games.

Quality wins you games.

The second option is to have 2 players like Smith who are likely to be available every game.

The 3rd option is to have 2 players as fit as Smith and as good as Bishop...I am sure Jez in looking!

Interestingly just seen the video of the players applauding the fans after the Peterborough game. And Bushop was walking around with them and didn't appear to be in too much discomfort. So may be a minor tweak of the hamstring and not a full on Hamstring pull. I have pulled my hamstring before and could hardly walk so hopefully he will only be out for a short period of time.
Said in today's press conference that Bishop suffered a back injury. Couldn't say whether he would be fit for Saturday.

Any news on the lastest episode of tedsailments?
Is it the back injury again? Is he another midfielder out for the season?
No mention in the press conference (thanks hortin).