Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips | Page 24 | Vital Football

Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips

Yeah we scored 3 great goals
Yeah, we scored 3 great goals, but apart from that created nothing and spent most of the game hoofing forward towards Murphy!

Can't believe you are moaning about winning!
If that's you being a fan you can go support someone else,
3 games ffs

Seriously do some people expect us to steam roller every team we play and not only win but win with some kind of cellestial brand of football never seen before?

Absolutely deluded, we lost last week and played badly, this week we may play well and win, that's football get used to it. It's exactly the same for every team in land!

It's the start of a new era and we should all get behind the team and manager

It was hardly a comfortable 3-1 win, we were hanging on against a really poor team! Everybody around me in the Trent End were moaning about the style of football. Happy to give MON some time, but all we needed was a bit of fine tuning, not a total change of footballing philosophy. Hope we see an improvement today.

It was hardly a comfortable 3-1 win, we were hanging on against a really poor team! Everybody around me in the Trent End were moaning about the style of football. Happy to give MON some time, but all we needed was a bit of fine tuning, not a total change of footballing philosophy. Hope we see an improvement today.

Your language sounds dissapponted that we didnt win 'comfortably' that to me is completely unrealistic. There are no easy games in this league, you have to play well to beat anyone.

It would be a mistake for MON to try and emulate Kranks style as it is not him, he's his own man and has to play to his own style and strengths which will take a little time to filter through to the performances/results.

Judge him after 20 games not 3,
Lets hope today is the first step!

Seriously do some people expect us to steam roller every team we play and not only win but win with some kind of cellestial brand of football never seen before?

Absolutely deluded, we lost last week and played badly, this week we may play well and win, that's football get used to it. It's exactly the same for every team in land!

It's the start of a new era and we should all get behind the team and manager

It's not the start of a new era.

You talk about others being deluded and then try to argue that there will be such a thing as a "managerial era" under Marinakis.

If Marinakis had owned Manchester Utd, he would have sacked Alex Ferguson. I'm not even talking about those first few unsuccessful years- I mean in 95 when Blackburn won it instead of them.

This is not an era. It's 6-9 months and then turn the tombola again. I don't blame any fan for wanting at least to see some decent football in that short time.

And I don't think anyone is deluded for not wanting us to go backwards. Under Karanka we were inconsistent but I fancied us in any game. We could compete with anyone.

Now if we play anyone in the top 20 I'm wondering where the points are coming from.

Do you believe he'll get 20 games?

That takes us into next season. I think that's a stretch

If he loses today (and I think we will) then I think behind the scenes they will be considering his position already

I would settle for us scoring three goals and creating nothing else in every game!
Just never going to happen though is it ?
We need to create at least half a dozen reasonable goal scoring opportunities in most games to give ourselves a chance of winning .
3 pot shots that all went in was just fortunate on the day.

Do you believe he'll get 20 games?

That takes us into next season. I think that's a stretch

If he loses today (and I think we will) then I think behind the scenes they will be considering his position already
If he persists with the same sort of selection as last week and we lose then he'll be under pressure.
If he plays a side most of the fans would like to see and we still lose i don't think he'd be under anywhere near as much pressure.
It'll just be a case of them being better than us even with our "best" available line up.
At least it'll feel like we had a go.

Just never going to happen though is it ?
We need to create at least half a dozen reasonable goal scoring opportunities in most games to give ourselves a chance of winning .
3 pot shots that all went in was just fortunate on the day.

Forest take just over 8 shots to get a goal. We are one of the more clinical teams.

Similar to Brentford actually, but the problem is we create hardly anything in a match while they average nearly double the shots per game that we do
20190209_103134.jpg

Your language sounds dissapponted that we didnt win 'comfortably' that to me is completely unrealistic. There are no easy games in this league, you have to play well to beat anyone.

It would be a mistake for MON to try and emulate Kranks style as it is not him, he's his own man and has to play to his own style and strengths which will take a little time to filter through to the performances/results.

Absolute rubbish. If he can only play one way(which I think is the case) he should do the decent thing and fall on his sword. He hasn’t got the players for that, unless he persists in playing the sloth that is Murphy and hope that he can get his head to one of the hit and hope passes that we have seen recently. And please don’t come back with Geddy’s pass.

If he persists with the same sort of selection as last week and we lose then he'll be under pressure.
If he plays a side most of the fans would like to see and we still lose i don't think he'd be under anywhere near as much pressure.
It'll just be a case of them being better than us even with our "best" available line up.
At least it'll feel like we had a go.
Spot on. And if he does persist with the same line up, then he is just a stubborn old man who will lose more and more fans by the week. Glad I’m out with my besty tonight so we can drown our sorrows together, because I’m not expecting a lot today.

What's rubbish
Absolute rubbish. If he can only play one way(which I think is the case) he should do the decent thing and fall on his sword. He hasn’t got the players for that, unless he persists in playing the sloth that is Murphy and hope that he can get his head to one of the hit and hope passes that we have seen recently. And please don’t come back with Geddy’s pass.
Whats your point?
And dont come back with that hoofball bollocks
Grabban wasnt fully fit last week and neither was Bonatini so he didnt have much choice!

Not goi
It's not the start of a new era.

You talk about others being deluded and then try to argue that there will be such a thing as a "managerial era" under Marinakis.

If Marinakis had owned Manchester Utd, he would have sacked Alex Ferguson. I'm not even talking about those first few unsuccessful years- I mean in 95 when Blackburn won it instead of them.

This is not an era. It's 6-9 months and then turn the tombola again. I don't blame any fan for wanting at least to see some decent football in that short time.

And I don't think anyone is deluded for not wanting us to go backwards. Under Karanka we were inconsistent but I fancied us in any game. We could compete with anyone.

Now if we play anyone in the top 20 I'm wondering where the points are coming from.
Not going to argue over the definition of era but cast your mind back to Kranks first 3 games and apply the same logic!
Its madness to even consider sacking a manager after 3 games, if you think we're going backwards now, that will take things to a whole new level!