Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips | Page 2 | Vital Football

Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips

Cheers AC. I predicted a 1-1 draw and think we could get summat out of this one.

Didn’t realise blues were on such a bad run tho. Just in time for the points deduction.

Had a look at Bonatini’s goals for Wolves, the majority from around 3 yards... so hoping for more activity in the box in this game. Sitting behind the goal I see so many missed opportunities for through balls down the centre into the box... hope he gets some minutes with some creativity behind...

Tentative team for tomorrow
Panti
Janko Ben Robinson Ozzy
Yacob
Pele Guediora
Lolley Bonatini
Grabban

Another option would be playing the Swede with Ben nd moving Robertson on the instad of Ozzy.....I think Robinson is only 1 yellow gar from suspension....think this weekend he will het it....
Captain tomorrow Panti, even thkugh he doesnt deserve it...

On paper, it has a draw written all over it. But we've had enough draws, and have to put some away wins on the board if we're to make the top-six.

Derby drew tonight so another chance to close the gap.

Despite a bid of 'reportedly' £20m - they managed to hang onto Che Adams.

Given that we won last time out, then MON may well just make the enforced change (Pele or Yacob for Colback) - although, I do prefer Robinson at LB, but perhaps too early to throw one of the new chaps in at CH?

Could be a pretty dour affair with just Murphy up front and Watson, Geddy & Yacob in a pretty pedestrian midfield.... Pele could perhaps have some impetus as a sub?

Then again, MON may shock us all.

Its been a while but most of our really good managers have had two ways of playing and MON will have two ways of beating this side, Or at least that would be the case if the new lads had been in a bit longer :)
It did sound like he prepared to put trust in them tho and chuck them straight in if he thought it would work, as he did with his first signing in similar circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised to see three of them used tomorrow in some capacity.

Up and ready cobs done...looking forward to yet another chapter in our History of the ups and downs of a Forest fan .....Fun Bus awaits ...catch you later

Remember the last time we got promoted to the Premier League?

One down at St. Andrews and that prick Pierre van Hooijdonk (who I blame for our modern existence) scored two late goals to win it.

If PVH didn't go on strike the next season our future would have been totally different.

Remember the last time we got promoted to the Premier League?

One down at St. Andrews and that prick Pierre van Hooijdonk (who I blame for our modern existence) scored two late goals to win it.

If PVH didn't go on strike the next season our future would have been totally different.
I can't see why it would have made the slightest bit of difference. Relegation was inevitable for two reasons. You are targeting the wrong person.

1) the side that came back up was identical to the one that had already been relegated, with virtually no new additions...

2) except for having sold and not adequately replacing our best defender and selling our 20 goal support striker and replacing him with Neil fucking Shipperley.

An absolute farce of a season and PVH was a dickhead for his actions but every criticism he made was accurate

This is a defining game of the likely-to-be-short MON era.

Derby drew, so a win today and we are back in contention for the playoffs (although the teams above will all have a game in hand).

Brum are on really bad form as well.

Today is a golden opportunity that needs to be seized.

If we don't win today it won't end the season mathematically but it will end it in every other sense. We don't deserve to even think about the playoffs if we can't do the job today when it matters

Understand the sentiment Pope but it’s a bit early to totally write off our season. One or two sides having a dip in form and us coming good in the last ten to fifteen games and you never know.

We have certainly made it difficult for ourselves as usual but at least we are looking up rather than down which makes a refreshing change.

Understand the sentiment Pope but it’s a bit early to totally write off our season. One or two sides having a dip in form and us coming good in the last ten to fifteen games and you never know.

We have certainly made it difficult for ourselves as usual but at least we are looking up rather than down which makes a refreshing change.

Mathematically no, it's not over. But with just 16 fixtures after this one, if we balls this up we really have no right to even br thinking about it

Our away win record is, as ever, appalling as well. It must be 2011 since we actually won a reasonable number of away games

KING Billy had us competitive away from home.

Paul Hart only won 6 away games when we reached the play-offs in 2002/03. We were unbeatable at the City Ground that season though. Think we only lost two games - Watford and Portsmouth.

If we were ever going to go up it was that season. Two up (3-1 up on aggregate) at Bramall Lane with half an hour to go and we blew it.

Typical Forest.

KING Billy had us competitive away from home.

Paul Hart only won 6 away games when we reached the play-offs in 2002/03. We were unbeatable at the City Ground that season though. Think we only lost two games - Watford and Portsmouth.

If we were ever going to go up it was that season. Two up (3-1 up on aggregate) at Bramall Lane with half an hour to go and we blew it.

Typical Forest.

King Billy only won 4 away games the year we finished 3rd

And you might remember we were playing Sheffield United in the semi finals and not the final right?

An excellent, expensively assembled Wolves side awaited and we never beat them in those days. It wasn't our year.

We should have beaten Blackpool in 2010

And you might remember we were playing Sheffield United in the semi finals and not the final right?

An excellent, expensively assembled Wolves side awaited and we never beat them in those days. It wasn't our year.

2002/03 was the year.

Ward in goal.

Louis-Jean and Brennan at full-back. Des and Dawson at centre-half.

Scimeca, Williams, Reidy in midfield.

And Johnson, Harewood, Lester, Huckerby in attack.

That was the year.

I actually fancied us to beat Wolves if we had reached the final that year but all of the semi-finals we reached should have been winnable for us.

I actually fancied us to beat Wolves if we had reached the final that year but all of the semi-finals we reached should have been winnable for us.
We were never beating Wolves. Absolutely not.

The only way to win that playoff was to play Reading in the final.

Sheffield United were third that year, a d we were some points behind in 6th. A little respect needed. We had better players I would say, but they were a better team with a far better manager

The Hart team was the absolute highpoint of the last 20 years. Pope's blatent re-writing of history over Hart is sickening. It is illustrative of how good a manager Hart was if you listen to the former players from that squad talking about him. (For example listen to the "Reservoir red dogs" podcast. ) We were massively unlucky and would have steamrollered Wolves in the final. FACT!
And that is no more ridiculous than the pontifs anti-Forest, anti-Hart, anti-football rantings. Absolutely ridiculous.