Big Steve Is Back | Page 2 | Vital Football

Big Steve Is Back

Does anyone remember the announcement of Scott's appointment as DOF way, way back in January 2024. The board had apparently '...identified the need...conduit throughout the club...ensure that a synergy is maintained...negating the risk of any deviation in the way the club wants to employ its strategy moving forwards.'
I hadn't grasped that moving forwards was only until April, that the essential synergy is not so essential and that it took only three months to ditch the 'strategy moving forwards'. I'll stay the course (of course) but I wouldn't put any of our board and our esteemed chairman in charge of a whelk stall. Laughable.
The problem with a “ whelk stall “ is the whelks have to be fresh and fit for purpose so they can move them on quickly at a profit.

Absolute joke of a season, 3 managers in one season….jeez….
Come back Warney.

The problem with a “ whelk stall “ is the whelks have to be fresh and fit for purpose so they can move them on quickly at a profit.

Absolute joke of a season, 3 managers in one season….jeez….
Come back Warney.
Warney coming back would have got me even happier than the return of SE. And you can tell I am absolutely buzzing right now.
Warney is doing what he does best, Getting success for the club that pays his wages.

Oh dear oh dear, as the Chuckle Brothers used to say.
There are a lot of positive posts about the return of Steve Evans, but I can't see any positives in his appointment. I'm sorry but I remember him from his first stint at New York and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. In my opinion he's not a very nice man/person and I've seen with my own eyes how he treats players if they dare to question anything he says, and it's disgusting. I don't like him and I don't think he'll bring anything to the table this time around. For the club's sake I hope that I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I'm sorry to be so negative but we've all got our opinions and this is mine.

There are a lot of positive posts about the return of Steve Evans, but I can't see any positives in his appointment. I'm sorry but I remember him from his first stint at New York and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. In my opinion he's not a very nice man/person and I've seen with my own eyes how he treats players if they dare to question anything he says, and it's disgusting. I don't like him and I don't think he'll bring anything to the table this time around. For the club's sake I hope that I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I'm sorry to be so negative but we've all got our opinions and this is mine.
Oh no !. But that's your view. Cannot help how you feel. I am certain he will do well. He has proven himself loads of times. I loved it last time he was here.
If I was you, I would keep in mind, He is one person within our club. Sort of ignore him. Get behind the players. Observe/watch. And if I am right, You will enjoy what we achieve.

There are a lot of positive posts about the return of Steve Evans, but I can't see any positives in his appointment. I'm sorry but I remember him from his first stint at New York and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. In my opinion he's not a very nice man/person and I've seen with my own eyes how he treats players if they dare to question anything he says, and it's disgusting. I don't like him and I don't think he'll bring anything to the table this time around. For the club's sake I hope that I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I'm sorry to be so negative but we've all got our opinions and this
Nothing wrong with honest opinions.
I get where you’re coming from.

If you’re an Alex Revell, Ben Pringle etc it’s fine.
If you happen to be a Danny Schofield or a Nicky Adams then be aware.

Ten years on with ten years more experience in management he may well have mellowed some.
Certainly a character who doesn’t appreciate the poor refereeing decisions and he won’t be on any referees Xmas card list either.

He is very knowledgeable about the game, if you can put aside the not so positive bits and pieces then concentrate on the team / squad.

Personally think he will do okay providing the club give him the tools for the job in hand.
Complete infrastructure needs sorting as well.
A reset at quite a few levels.
For me, I thought he relied too much on loan deals and he was ‘economical with the truth’!
Blummin heck sixpence….almost choked on my green tea reading that last sentence.
Biggest understatement I’ve read for quite some time.

Just enjoyed the interview with SE on OS - very good. I loved the positivity and passion, sadly lacking everywhere to do with the club this season!
Thought he was more measured with his comments and what he said (I know some will say talk is cheap) was sensible and good to hear.

I wish him every success but I can't forgive him for his behaviour from his last time he was here. I used to go to Parkgate to watch them at training sessions and I literally saw with my own eyes how he treated some of the players and how he would completely ignore them and make them do their training with the juniors, well away from the first team. Believe me, he is not a nice person. I enjoyed the good times when he was manager, especially the Wembley win but I just can't see him doing the same this time around. "Never go back", is the saying that springs to mind. I will continue supporting the Millers, why wouldn't I after watching them since 1963?

I wish him every success but I can't forgive him for his behaviour from his last time he was here. I used to go to Parkgate to watch them at training sessions and I literally saw with my own eyes how he treated some of the players and how he would completely ignore them and make them do their training with the juniors, well away from the first team. Believe me, he is not a nice person. I enjoyed the good times when he was manager, especially the Wembley win but I just can't see him doing the same this time around. "Never go back", is the saying that springs to mind. I will continue supporting the Millers, why wouldn't I after watching them since 1963?
I understand what you are saying. Plus a lot of people truly believe in the never go back situation.
Another thing that someone with your opinion can take, He really can't do any worse than the last 2.
I am still buzzing. Cannot wait for tomorrow. Yet the game itself is meaningless. Well for us it is.

When we have finished with 100 points next season, I think I will bump some of these Evans is back posts !.
I have had a coffee for my dinner time drink, Nothing else !.
If we finish on 100 points I will buy you a coffee….no make that two coffees.
You can buy me a bottle of Gluten free Peroni if we don’t hit 100 points or don’t make the top two…(y)

To be fair Nez I saw much worse than that.
Just be grateful you didn’t play for him or get the wrong side of him.

He’s passionate about football and knowledgeable , he won’t however be everyone’s cup of tea but you can’t knock his record at different clubs and how some players respond to his way of operating..
As I mentioned earlier maybe he’s mellowed a little and besides Tony Stewart must have seen something there when he offered him the job first time round. ( a winning mentality perhaps.)

Good luck to him and the club, we’ve become ‘ stale ‘ over a period of time.
If it’s not broken don’t fix it.
If it’s broken then changes need to be made however brutal it may seem.