Bicester Village... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bicester Village...

Never been into designer clothes myself but ive always looked good and had good fashion sense. Designer stuff is expensive and over rated, they dont look any better than the cheaper stuff if you shop around. I like to know that if I spill some red wine over my clothes then its not the end of the world.

BBJ makes a good point, "what is wrong with the rag market"? Ive found some very unusual clothing that kinda stands out from the crowd from there which you could class as being a step ahead of the game when it comes to fashion/looking good.

I've been. Very expensive even with so-called discounts. Full of very rich foreigners shopping. Only saw one thing I liked, a Belstaff jacket at £800. Needless to say I would rather poke my eyeballs out with a cocktail stick than spend that kind of money on a jacket.

I have been to a few of the designer outlets including York, Cheshire Oaks, East Mids, Bicester and Fleetwood. Cheshire Oaks is the best by far mate! I would recommend going there instead and wouldn't bother with the rest.

i found york to be pretty decent... going to bicester though because its not far from my parents and can pop in on the way back.... plus its only about an hour away isnt it?

Yeah York ain't too bad - probably my 2nd favourite. Got family that way on so been there a few times. Bicester is worth a visit if your that way on but I found it quite expensive If your gonna make a special trip cheshire oaks is probably only 25 mins further in distance from you and would be worth the extra travel.

yeah i might do that one next year mate... like i said, its not for me anyway as i hate shopping. Will let you know what i think of bicester...

I`ve been to Bicester village a few times and we`re supposed to be going this morning (if my wife ever gets out of bed).
We never spend large amounts of money on clothes,but at Christmas,we don`t mind treating ourselves,so we`re going in the hope that we`ll be able to get each other a prezzy .

Is it just me or does Bicester sound a bit of a sexually orientated name?

Clubpaver - 3/11/2013 08:55

I`ve been to Bicester village a few times and we`re supposed to be going this morning (if my wife ever gets out of bed).
We never spend large amounts of money on clothes,but at Christmas,we don`t mind treating ourselves,so we`re going in the hope that we`ll be able to get each other a prezzy .

did you go? if so what was it like?

I've always thought Bicester was good - the trick is to know what you're looking for before you go. As you said earlier I think people go expecting too much - you're never going to get a £300 jacket for £40. I got a great Pretty Green Jacket from the outlet in York for half price. Got my wife some Jimmy Choo shoes, myself some Fred Perry trainers and a Bose iPod dock last time we went to Bicester which cost a fair whack but saved a big wedge on what it would have cost at high street prices.

Know what you want and have a set budget would be my advice.

We went to the one at Swindon last week. Was not bad tbh.

I got a pair of Bench jeans 60 quid reduced to 35. My son got a Bench jacket, 110 down to 50, and we all got skiing goggles basically half price.
#
Its also indoors so you dont get wet.

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 10:45

Clubpaver - 3/11/2013 08:55

did you go? if so what was it like?

Yeah we went.
Wall to wall top shops.
Gucci,Paul Smith,Hilfiger,Ralph Lauren......You name it,it`s there.
I got a pair of Levis in the shop in town (b`ham)2 weeks ago at £90.
In Bicester it was £60 a pair or 2 for £90.
Everything is cheaper because it`s the outlet price not the retail price.
I`d say it`s well worth the trip.
It gets very busy though.We got there at about 11-15,but i wouldn`t fancy leaving it much later,as you can`t find a parking spot.
Plenty of clean loos around and loads of grub/drinks available.There`s even a cafe called The Villandry.

Cheshire Oaks is quite good, just off the M53 towards the Wirral. There is a smaller version of it at the top of the A38, just past the M1 J28.

Not worth the drive, but if you are in the area, there is one that seems a bit cheaper in South Wales, I think it is either J34 or J35 of the M4.

I got quite a bit of stuff from the Lacoste shop while working down there.

I can get a pair of Jeans for less than a tenner. They fit perfectly and feel great, no hassle either I just pop in the trolley with the food shopping at Tesco - job done!

it will be chaos at this time of year, get there early, follow my advice (have a budget and know what you're looking for) and don't let the other half out of your sight if she's carrying the credit card - good luck!

dont use a credit card mate. we have just paid it off and snapped the fucker up lol. Gonna get there for 9am and hopefully will be out by 10am lol. we only have to go and look for someones 18th birthfday present and thought we might be able to pick something nice up from there. Ties in well too because my mom and sister only live 15 minutes drive from there so we can pop the xmas presents in too