Believe fund members open day | Vital Football

Believe fund members open day

Can I start by thanking Swindonlatic who for obvious reasons could not make the long trip and passed on his place at the open day and training session to me, thanks mate. When the believe fund started we as a family contributed in one account via my daughter and didn't expect anything in return so are only entitled to one ticket and one cap when they gave those out.
There is quite a good turnout of members and before the training session they were able to chat to the players and get autographs signed.

Quite alot of players are not training as they are carrying knocks from Saturday, Curtis Tilt is back in full training, talked to Ben Amos who is making good progress and hopes to take part in a full session on Thursday.
Also just talked to Joe Bennett he said Jutkiewitz admitted to him that he never touched him on Saturday but the ref would not ask him and just said to Joe "your off, that's it"

Best update on injuries we’ve had in years 😉

I suspect Jukewitz will be looking at a two game ban for simulation resulting in an opponent being sent off. (If that rule still applies)

Session was great for the kids with activities for them. And a good opportunity to see the players close up / in person. My only criticism was the PA system, it was very difficult to hear what people were saying when sat in the stand, others felt the same too.
Pizza from Whelans Bar was really good and they have done well in upgrading the decor etc in there ffrom when it was Rigolettoes, it ws desperately in need of a facelift.
A good initiative from the club to keep supporters on board

To be honest the session was a little boring apart from the kids having a great time meeting the players, but I am so glad I went.
The highlight for me was having a 10 minute chat with Jamie Jones and him saying how tight the whole squad is and how they accept and welcome the new signings into the fold and how these new lads have fitted in so well.

I told him about a post I made on Facebook after the game on Saturday how in 50+ years watching this club I cannot remember in all that time a team/squad with as much bottle and fight in them as the one we have now.

Last season proved this, the recovery from the Charlie Wyke worry and bouncing back after poor displays, we never once let our heads drop. He fully agreed and said that is what the dressing room is like but also said he would pass on what I said in their team meeting later this week.

Love to read this!

To be honest the session was a little boring apart from the kids having a great time meeting the players, but I am so glad I went.
The highlight for me was having a 10 minute chat with Jamie Jones and him saying how tight the whole squad is and how they accept and welcome the new signings into the fold and how these new lads have fitted in so well.

I told him about a post I made on Facebook after the game on Saturday how in 50+ years watching this club I cannot remember in all that time a team/squad with as much bottle and fight in them as the one we have now.

Last season proved this, the recovery from the Charlie Wyke worry and bouncing back after poor displays, we never once let our heads drop. He fully agreed and said that is what the dressing room is like but also said he would pass on what I said in their team meeting later this week.
Did you offer to wipe his arse while you were at it?

So that's the team talk taken care of for Saturday then LMB....😉🍻

Did you offer to wipe his arse while you were at it?

That's a nonsensical remark...I understand not getting on with other posters but FFS we are talking about a lad in Jamie who bleeds Wigan Athletic and who is a fine keeper to boot despite taking some shit from lads on here.

If you can't be civil don't bother at all, and that's not taking sides.

I'm not sure why anyone reports anyone else ... unless there's some personal abuse directed at "you" personally ... and of course, "you" haven't chucked any stones previously.

If anyone doesn't want to read posts - from other posters, just put em on ignore.

We have no moderator on here at the moment, and I'm sure The Fear could do without any of us impinging on his time ... we're all grown ups (ish) ... let's bloody act like 'em.

Bloody hell ! :arrghh:

I'm not sure why anyone reports anyone else ... unless there's some personal abuse directed at "you" personally ... and of course, "you" haven't chucked any stones previously.

If anyone doesn't want to read posts - from other posters, just put em on ignore.

We have no moderator on here at the moment, and I'm sure The Fear could do without any of us impinging on his time ... we're all grown ups (ish) ... let's bloody act like 'em.

Bloody hell ! :arrghh:
He deserves it. I come on here for the first time in a while and what do I find? Him picking arguments with anyone and everyone on the match thread when no one’s looking for one and resorting to snide insults on good posters like KDZ.

What he doesn’t like is that unlike others on here, I won’t take his shit and have no problem stepping down to his level and dishing it right back. I disagree with plenty on here regarding Latics issues, but I’ll never get personal with anyone as we’re all entitled to our own opinions. I make an exception for him though.

He deserves it. I come on here for the first time in a while and what do I find? Him picking arguments with anyone and everyone on the match thread when no one’s looking for one and resorting to snide insults on good posters like KDZ.

As it happens, I agree with the first part ... not sure he made any snide insults though. (Also, I thought KDZ handled the accusations re the negative comments against Darikwa with aplomb).

However, two wrongs don't make a right, so for you to make the comment - on a different thread - re the Jamie Jones conversation was equally out of order.

It just isn't necessary. Hell, even MiW is right (for once :whist::innocent: ;))

Let's by all means disagree, but park the personal stuff eh?

Fair enough, he fell on his own sword to be fair (reported himself)

Life really isn't that important, let alone forums...

What does this mean? Surely LMB has not been banned again has he. Yes he is controversial at times but is one of the board's characters and the board can't afford to lose more members. Sorry if I have misunderstood your meaning.

What does this mean? Surely LMB has not been banned again has he. Yes he is controversial at times but is one of the board's characters and the board can't afford to lose more members. Sorry if I have misunderstood your meaning.
I suspect he's deleted his account. Click on his username on the opening post of this thread (which he started) and it says "profile not available". Search on his username, and nothing comes up.

I fully agree with both points you make Zakky, and though I know you've had your run-ins with LMB, it's good to see you think he should still be around.

LMB ... if you're still stalking, and wondering if you've done the right thing, like many things you post, nah, you've got it all wrong !!! Your post to CL was (obviously) out of order, but then again, CL is a big lad, who isn't afraid to dish it out, so needs to be able to take it in return.

Get your arse back on here, and stop being so mard.
;)

The forum isn't meant to be all out war, or offering people out, etc. Plus, it was the user who alerted himself for his posts.

Not sure what else I can do really, it clearly breaks the rules of any forum.

I guess if you all wanted, you could do a thread and discuss what you want, but to be fair, how much time am I meant to put to one forum with these sorts of fall-outs, threats, arguments, and then alerts.... and then, obviously, acting on alerts and then be told the action isn't correct!?

Genuinely don't have an axe to grind with anyone, at all (generally in life really!), but there are minimum standards surely!

I saw the unnecessary micro analysis of kings match review but I seem to have missed the spat that’s required the latest enforcement action. Is he suspended again or has he gone permanently as has been inferred.

No doubt Lmb is an argumentative sod (aren’t most of us on here) and he could start a fracas in an empty garden shed, as his username would suggest. He has certainly crossed the line on numerous occasions (again a fair few of us have) but a permanent ban? Come on.

I’ve had many a disagreement with him over the years, particularly politically, but I’ve certainly no desire to see him or anyone else expelled, especially as he expressly stated he used the board to get him through a difficult time when he was touch and go in hospital. I get we all see things differently, and that’s a good thing, but the common binding denominator is our support for the club and I’d happily enjoy a couple of pints with anyone on here despite past disagreements. The contributor numbers are dwindling as it is, so Fear, i get the minimum standards principle, but this isn’t a place of employment so don’t think rigorous enforcement is necessarily the right approach - in my opinion- when effectively we can police ourselves by calling out unnecessary behaviour.

It’s a football forum bit of fun. No need for the name calling. And always being right attitude. He was only back on a day from the last ban.

Don't we all (to a certain extent) have the "always being right attitude" John?

Fully agree re the name calling ... but that's all it is. Sticks and stones etc ...

I seem to have missed the spat that’s required the latest enforcement action. Is he suspended again or has he gone permanently as has been inferred.

The posts have been removed, i believe LMB was offering to fight C Latic after they exchanged words.

It's a shame that it gets that far but I don't think he left Fear much choice. If we want the board to attract and keep users you have to have moderate that stuff.