Beach Donkeys v Wigan Donkeys | Page 7 | Vital Football

Beach Donkeys v Wigan Donkeys

Exactly and we dont play attractive attacking football. We play Unattractive negative boring shite football for most of the time. Efforts on goal and on target lift the crowd and we rarely show a great build up because of the style we play.
I think someone has massively misunderstood my post. :slap:

just reading some fans reply’s on various fans forums. Bolton fans to much possession football and passing side ways and backwards. Same with The Blackpool forum same complaints. One team that seems to be the opposite and all out attacking football is Lincoln City. What is that now in three games. 6 goals 5 goals and 5 goals not bad. They have Obviously changed there style

So ... Lasher fans bought tickets in one of our stands ... and rather than sit in the seat they bought a ticket for, they sat in the seat of an absent ST holder instead? ... who of course, even though they were absent, didn't pass on their ST to a mate?

🤔

If in doubt, make it up. Sounds more like Trump every post. Keep repeating crap and eventually somebody will believe, no matter how big a pile it is.

Still waiting for the songs asking for Maloney to be sacked.

Not sure Money. It looked like about a fifth to a quarter was cordened off with covered seats and stewards.
Again, you too may be right Oscar. A fair proportion of North Stand seats were indeed cordoned off ... just not sure how many.

With the two half sections making 1 section there are a total of 6 sections. 6 sections full with 900 would give the stand it's capacity of 5400.
Now the half section Blackpool had was nothing like full and there were plenty gaps in the busy 3 sections. Add to this seats at the bottom not being used so just short of 3000 was spot on. Where the hell did all the extra home fans appear from?

You may be right Moonay, but my point is, it was far from attractive attacking football again, and football like we have had for the most of this season can't possibly convince the man with the eye on the numbers when it comes to ST renewals.
Are you John Ronan by any chance?

Spot on summary there Sir. Modern tactics and coaching this play not to lose are ruining the game. Forever changing squad around spoils the game as a spectacle. Moving Jones to wing back after a great display as a proper winger against Orient was senseless. Just keep him as a winger. The number of times the overated Godo got under his feet in the first half was unbelievable. Five subs in a game ffs! Whose brainless idea was that? But more so because we have the option why do we have to use the option? Agree slightly better to watch but I would like to see the oppositions keeper actually having to earn a living.
Next match, Smith, Hughes, Kerr Chambers,
Smith, Shaw
Smith Aasgard Jones
Humphs
Subs used for either injury or if someones having a stinker.
I watched City's cup game when I got home. They were cruising 2 - 0 & towards the end of the game they just shut up shop & started passing it around to all & sundry. The co-commentator (can't remember who) was actually praising them for their professionalism.

It's the modern game Jeff.

With the two half sections making 1 section there are a total of 6 sections. 6 sections full with 900 would give the stand it's capacity of 5400.
Now the half section Blackpool had was nothing like full and there were plenty gaps in the busy 3 sections. Add to this seats at the bottom not being used so just short of 3000 was spot on. Where the hell did all the extra home fans appear from?
I'd say 3,000 was spot on. According to Blackpool website they got an initial allocation of 3200 with no pay on the day and didn't request any further tickets.

Why is the forum, particularly this thread so quiet again after a win?

Personally I salute Maloney for job well done, despite the obstacles & adversaries we faced at the start of the season? Not forgetting all of those YouTube football experts who had us as down as dead certs for relegation during last summer before even a ball was kicked

As Jock already mentioned I posted this last week on Wycombe thread:

I regularly see folks on social media point out there are more posts when things are going badly than when they go well almost as if it's a criticism of the fan base. But i always think that is exactly what i'd expect to happen about literally anything in life.

If you have a good day at work you come home happy and content. There's nothing you need to figure out or analyse as you got everything right, so you probably can summaries what happened quite quickly.

But if you have a bad day at work you want to vent your frustration and get it out of your system, you may feel the need to analyse what went wrong and work out how you can put it right or avoid it happening again. You inevitably will have a lot more to think about and more to say.

Same with the kids, if a young child comes home from School and the teacher said they were good, you're pleased but there's nothing to really discuss. But if the teacher said your child got in trouble you end up spending a lot longer going over it and trying to work out how you can deal with it appropriately.

Same again with football - if we player brilliantly there's not going to be much to critasise, analysing it is going to be quicker as they got everything right and your happy so you've got nothing to vent about. But if we are stinking there inevitably will be frustration you want to let out, there will be debate about why and how it went wrong and folks will discuss how we could've or what we need to to do avoid it happening again.

There will always be more posts when things go badly, as there is a lot more talking points to debate in failure than in success. It's just the nature of things.

As for any supposed pundit predicting we'd be in the relegation places, no one should've needed any hindsight to know this squad wouldn't go down even after the 8 points deduction (baring Toure levels of incompetence). Just shows they made blind guesses without even looking at who played for us.

Does it really matter Runc.....me personally, as I didn't go to the match or watch it on tv I haven't commented too much..what I will refer u to is KDZ post ( don't no which #number) where he mentioned the scenario of how we comment / say about football/ your working day / yor child's day etc etc...if it's good then your generally ok & not say so much. On the other hand if it's a shite work day / footy day then u tend to vent...🤔😉

If you made the right decision or not is generally dictated by the outcome.

If you don't get the desired outcome there's a debate of what went wrong or how it could've been avoided that doesn't exist if you do get the right outcome. Not to say there are no talking points in success but there is obviously far less as you got it right.

Just basic cause and effect. The same for every club, at every level all over the world.

As Jock already mentioned I posted this last week on Wycombe thread:

I regularly see folks on social media point out there are more posts when things are going badly than when they go well almost as if it's a criticism of the fan base. But i always think that is exactly what i'd expect to happen about literally anything in life.

If you have a good day at work you come home happy and content. There's nothing you need to figure out or analyse as you got everything right, so you probably can summaries what happened quite quickly.

But if you have a bad day at work you want to vent your frustration and get it out of your system, you may feel the need to analyse what went wrong and work out how you can put it right or avoid it happening again. You inevitably will have a lot more to think about and more to say.

Same with the kids, if a young child comes home from School and the teacher said they were good, you're pleased but there's nothing to really discuss. But if the teacher said your child got in trouble you end up spending a lot longer going over it and trying to work out how you can deal with it appropriately.

Same again with football - if we player brilliantly there's not going to be much to critasise, analysing it is going to be quicker as they got everything right and your happy so you've got nothing to vent about. But if we are stinking there inevitably will be frustration you want to let out, there will be debate about why and how it went wrong and folks will discuss how we could've or what we need to to do avoid it happening again.

There will always be more posts when things go badly, as there is a lot more talking points to debate in failure than in success. It's just the nature of things.

As for any supposed pundit predicting we'd be in the relegation places, no one should've needed any hindsight to know this squad wouldn't go down even after the 8 points deduction (baring Toure levels of incompetence). Just shows they made blind guesses without even looking at who played for us.
I did read your post last week too after Wycombe. Its just sad how we focus more on negatives as opposed to positives.

Just been looking at the home and away tables and makes interesting reading. At home the fare served up at times has been woeful to watch but anything but unproductive. We are 5th on the home table with 38 points ( 12w 2d 6 L ) ...we have won 12 which only Portsmouth and Bolton have bettered with 13. We have conceded 17 which only Stevenage and Lincoln have bettered. But, we only scored 27 which several teams bettered meaning we have scraped a lot of close games.

Away we came 15th ( 5w 5d 9L ) with 20 points and a minus 5 goal difference.

So in summery a bit dire at times on the eye but more than enough points gathered for a team in transit.

Just to add the -8 start we had is irrelevant for these purposes as those points still had to be won.

Just been looking at the home and away tables and makes interesting reading. At home the fare served up at times has been woeful to watch but anything but unproductive. We are 5th on the home table with 38 points ( 12w 2d 6 L ) ...we have won 12 which only Portsmouth and Bolton have bettered with 13. We have conceded 17 which only Stevenage and Lincoln have bettered. But, we only scored 27 which several teams bettered meaning we have scraped a lot of close games.

Away we came 15th ( 5w 5d 9L ) with 20 points and a minus 5 goal difference.

So in summery a bit dire at times on the eye but more than enough points gathered for a team in transit.

Just to add the -8 start we had is irrelevant for these purposes as those points still had to be won.

Imagine what we could've done if we played half decent in the games against the really poor sides we didn't turn up for.

Could genuinely been breathing down top 6s neck even after the deduction.