Beach Donkeys v Wigan Donkeys | Page 8 | Vital Football

Beach Donkeys v Wigan Donkeys

Just been looking at the home and away tables and makes interesting reading. At home the fare served up at times has been woeful to watch but anything but unproductive. We are 5th on the home table with 38 points ( 12w 2d 6 L ) ...we have won 12 which only Portsmouth and Bolton have bettered with 13. We have conceded 17 which only Stevenage and Lincoln have bettered. But, we only scored 27 which several teams bettered meaning we have scraped a lot of close games.

Away we came 15th ( 5w 5d 9L ) with 20 points and a minus 5 goal difference.

So in summery a bit dire at times on the eye but more than enough points gathered for a team in transit.

Just to add the -8 start we had is irrelevant for these purposes as those points still had to be won.

Imagine what we could've done if we played half decent in the games against the really poor sides we didn't turn up for.

Could genuinely been breathing down top 6s neck even after the deduction.

This time last season we was talking about season tickets. Nothing yet from the club. But I see the Rugby are still having. Big problems. And some season tickets have been an absolute shambles.

This time last season we was talking about season tickets. Nothing yet from the club. But I see the Rugby are still having. Big problems. And some season tickets have been an absolute shambles.

The move to the full Ticketmaster master site was planned to have been done by now but it's still not happened, so i imagine that is pro for down to the issues Warriors are facing. That will be holding up the launch of our new fans fund too.

Considering we moved to Ticketmaster believing they'd be more reliable since they are probably the biggest ticket vendors on the market - it seems like they've not lived up to what we hoped so far.

Imagine what we could've done if we played half decent in the games against the really poor sides we didn't turn up for.

Could genuinely been breathing down top 6s neck even after the deduction.
Yeah but every team from 8th down to about 16th could say the same thing.... "if only we'd turned up in those games we lost against teams around us". No doubt Blackpool will be thinking "if only we'd turned up at Wigan on Saturday".

I watched City's cup game when I got home. They were cruising 2 - 0 & towards the end of the game they just shut up shop & started passing it around to all & sundry. The co-commentator (can't remember who) was actually praising them for their professionalism.

It's the modern game Jeff.
I know Runcorn and that is exactly the problem nailed on the head and this will be pushed in to kids at school, at academies and soccer schools.

I did read your post last week too after Wycombe. Its just sad how we focus more on negatives as opposed to positives.
Sometimes they go hand in hand. Fantastic and brilliant job done in achieving safety starting on minus 8 and a relatively young squad.
However the football generally based on the style has been terrible to watch for 90% of the time.

Next season will be like this. Mid table league one side. Trying to get to 50 points before the end of march.
:unsure:

This season, we'd acquired 50 points before the end of Feb ... and we're currently in virtual 10th ... so presumably, you think next season will be worse, not like this one.

Yeah but every team from 8th down to about 16th could say the same thing.... "if only we'd turned up in those games we lost against teams around us". No doubt Blackpool will be thinking "if only we'd turned up at Wigan on Saturday"

There is a difference between losing games and just completely letting yourself down by not being up for it at all. We've done far too much of the later.

The move to the full Ticketmaster master site was planned to have been done by now but it's still not happened, so i imagine that is pro for down to the issues Warriors are facing. That will be holding up the launch of our new fans fund too.

Considering we moved to Ticketmaster believing they'd be more reliable since they are probably the biggest ticket vendors on the market - it seems like they've not lived up to what we hoped so far.

:unsure:

This season, we'd acquired 50 points before the end of Feb ... and we're currently in virtual 10th ... so presumably, you think next season will be worse, not like this one.
I do all I can see is more cut backs

Actually, I agree ... though I'd label it as cutting our cloth, as opposed to overspending as we obviously did under Al Jasmi.

However, I don't see why that should mean we'll fare worse than this season. After all, aside from Jones and now Kerr, none of the big earners are critical to the team. Humphrys is hot and cold, and beside him, surely you reckon wwe'll bring in players who'll have more of an impact than Magennis, Wyke and Amos ... especially given our recruitment record last summer.

Next season, I think it's fair to hope (though not expect) we'll make the play offs, if not better ... but of course, we won't really know until the summer window's done.

Actually, I agree ... though I'd label it as cutting our cloth, as opposed to overspending as we obviously did under Al Jasmi.

However, I don't see why that should mean we'll fare worse than this season. After all, aside from Jones and now Kerr, none of the big earners are critical to the team. Humphrys is hot and cold, and beside him, surely you reckon wwe'll bring in players who'll have more of an impact than Magennis, Wyke and Amos ... especially given our recruitment record last summer.

Next season, I think it's fair to hope (though not expect) we'll make the play offs, if not better ... but of course, we won't really know until the summer window's done.
We won’t know until next season that’s for sure. But to sell season tickets fans need hope. Let’s face it this league is crap. Any half decent side would piss this league. It’s the poorest level of football I have seen in years it’s a centre forward we need from somewhere. And they don’t come cheap.

We know the big wages will be off the books, we'll replace them with competitive L1 salaries that we are paying everyone else and end up with the same size squad and lower wage bill.

Not sure we'll need to cut costs much more than that. I think we'll still have a pretty decent wage budget by L1 standards to give us the chance to sign a good squad.

We'll certainly be operating on loans, frees, tribunal and nominal fees but that's what nearly everyone in the division does.

We won’t know until next season that’s for sure. But to sell season tickets fans need hope. Let’s face it this league is crap. Any half decent side would piss this league. It’s the poorest level of football I have seen in years it’s a centre forward we need from somewhere. And they don’t come cheap.
I don't get the "this league is crap" stuff. Some of our fans - and I think you're included in this group - seem to say something similar just about every season ... happened in the Championship too.

As for the centre forward, yep, pretty obvious ... though of course, we'll have Stones back (admittedly just a prospect at the moment, but then, so was Charlie Hughes 18 months ago).

I don't get the "this league is crap" stuff. Some of our fans - and I think you're included in this group - seem to say something similar just about every season ... happened in the Championship too.

As for the centre forward, yep, pretty obvious ... though of course, we'll have Stones back (admittedly just a prospect at the moment, but then, so was Charlie Hughes 18 months ago).
I think it’s nailed Stones starts as a Number 9 next season and Sze also finds his way into the team on a more regular basis. That’s the model they are following and was why Tickle started the first game of the season and thank god he did as now he’s worth millions. If he’d been backup all season, he’d have been worth a tenth of the value. Stones is raw but could be the next big value asset.

Everyone to there own thoughts but the standard for me this season as been poor No outstanding teams.

I think it’s nailed Stones starts as a Number 9 next season and Sze also finds his way into the team on a more regular basis. That’s the model they are following and was why Tickle started the first game of the season and thank god he did as now he’s worth millions. If he’d been backup all season, he’d have been worth a tenth of the value. Stones is raw but could be the next big value asset.
Millions. Your dreaming