BBC 50 greatestcFA cup moments | Page 3 | Vital Football

BBC 50 greatestcFA cup moments

The Beeb have excelled themselves today, with one of their Northern Ireland football reporters mentioning the impact Northern Irish players have had on the various cup finals.

When describing the 1980 final between West Ham and Arsenal, the following quote appears;

‘Nelson came on in the second half, but could not prevent a defeat which led to West Ham still to this day being the only team from outside the top flight to win the FA Cup.’

Where do they get these morons from? Or did I dream about Sunderland in ‘73 and Southampton three years later ?
I think he meant ‘only second rate’ team.

Reply from the BBC
" Thank you for contacting us about BBC Sport Top 50 FA Cup moments.
We app your comments and the decisions to narrthe list down to 50 we know will be subjective however we did aim to include a wide range of individual moments in FA Cup games that would be most memorable ".
Then some more waffle about valuing feedback blah blah blah..
No mention that the original prog came out in 2014 though!.
Basically, your a small football club not of any interest to anybody outside Lincoln.

Salfordimp!. Have you not received a reply?. My reply came about 02.15 this morning, from a Craig Osborne.
Note, it said, it came from unmonnitored address, dont reply to it.
Any more whingeing then contact BBC through their web form with your original gripe reference!

Salfordimp!. Have you not received a reply?. My reply came about 02.15 this morning, from a Craig Osborne.
Note, it said, it came from unmonnitored address, dont reply to it.
Any more whingeing then contact BBC through their web form with your original gripe reference!

Just checked my emails, nothing I can see.

So the BBC repeat a programme from 2014 and Burnley v Lincoln aren’t included ( I wonder why?)Several Imps fans feel neglected and overlooked. I really think there are more important thing as to get offended by, some people have too much time on their hands.

Reply from the BBC
" Thank you for contacting us about BBC Sport Top 50 FA Cup moments.
We app your comments and the decisions to narrthe list down to 50 we know will be subjective however we did aim to include a wide range of individual moments in FA Cup games that would be most memorable ".
Then some more waffle about valuing feedback blah blah blah..
No mention that the original prog came out in 2014 though!.
Basically, your a small football club not of any interest to anybody outside Lincoln.

You actually took the time to complain to the BBC about that? Good grief.

So the BBC repeat a programme from 2014 and Burnley v Lincoln aren’t included ( I wonder why?)Several Imps fans feel neglected and overlooked. I really think there are more important thing as to get offended by, some people have too much time on their hands.

They had a two minute round-up at the end of the show of 'moments' since.

Bradford beating Chelsea, Bylth beating Hartlepool (shown on BBC), Salford beating Notts County (shown on BBC), us beating Burnley, Sutton beating Leeds, Wigan beating Man City (shown on BBC), Newport beating Leicester (shown on BBC), Oldham beating Fulham and then a recap of last year's final were shown.

Received my reply today. The same blah. Also showed the same research standards as the original article in that they didn't even check that our cup run was after the article. So shows up the same standard on football reporting as political reporting.

Response was:

"...
Thank you for contacting us about BBC Sport Top 50 FA Cup moments.

We appreciate your comments and the decisions to narrow the the list down to 50 we know will be subjective however we did aim to include a wide range of individual moments in FA Cup games that would be most memorable.

Nevertheless, I would like to assure you that we value your feedback. Please know all complaints are sent to senior management and news teams every morning and we have included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensure that your complaint has been seen quickly, by the right people. This helps inform their decisions about current and future reporting.

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

..."