Barnsley vs Forest - Match Fred sponsored by Forest's new no.1 fan | Vital Football

Barnsley vs Forest - Match Fred sponsored by Forest's new no.1 fan

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
barnsleyforest.png

We are shithousing our way to the Premier League chaps and there's not a thing anyone can do about it x

Match: Barnsley v Forest

Kick-off: 3:00pm, Sunday

Weather forecast: A nice sunny day is forecast for tomorrow, which begs the question: Will it be too warm for a sunday roast? Or is SHE going to suggest some shite like salad nicoise?

Last League Meeting: Forest 1-0 Barnsley, 21st September 2019 - I remember Barnsley played well in this one and were certainly the better side, which is why I've been surprised with how much they've struggled. Goal machine Ben Watson came to the Reds' rescue with a fine finish in the 56th minute.

League Form (last 5 games):
Forest: W-D-L-D-D
Barnsley: W-L-D-D-L

Last Time Out:
Forest 2-2 Swansea
Leeds 1-0 Barnsley

Team News:
Forest: Matty Cash, Joe Lolley and Samba Sow are all slight doubts for this one, although Lamouchi did sound more upbeat about Cash's return.

Barnsley: Don't know.

Pre-Match Ramble:
The Reds could go into this game with their play-off status confirmed should both Millwall and Swansea fail to win today, although goal difference should be enough for us to forget about Swansea.

If Millwall win today then a win tomorrow would guarantee us a play-off spot, although again a draw should be enough with our better goal difference.

Our form and performances have dipped recently, and we now find ourselves without a win in four. Thankfully, we have only lost one and have been doing just enough to pick up draws which should see us through to the play-offs.

It would be nice to go into the game with our top 6 spot in the bag so we can all relax a bit, and Sabri can use the opportunity to rotate his squad and give some plays a much-needed rest.

Barnsley are bottom of the league but it will by no means be an easy game tomorrow as they should be fighting for their Championship lives. A defeat would confirm their return to League One after one season, and a draw would not be enough due to goal difference. They're a young squad, so will they fearlessly rise to the occasion or will the pressure provide to be too much?

Away from tomorrow's game, it seems like Barnsley's Chairman is gearing up to take legal action against the EFL if they fail to properly punish Wigan, Sheff Weds and Derby.

Predicted Starting XI:

I think Sabri will have two teams in mind depending on whether or not we need a result.

If we need a result: Samba; Cash, Worrall, Figuerido, Ribeiro; Watson, Silva, Yates; Da Costa, Ameobi; Grabban.

If top 6 is confirmed: Samba; Jenkinson, Worrall, Dawson, Bong (is he still alive?); Bostock, Semedo, Johnson; Diakhaby, Mighten; Walker

Prediction:
Tough one to predict as it all depends what team we put out. If it's our strongest team then I'll go for 1-1, if it's a much-changed team then 2-1 to Barnsley.

Sponsor:
The Match Fred is brought to you by Forest's new no.1 fan, a certain Mr. J. Epstein who was spotted in the crowd at our last game against Swansea. Brilliant to see some of the biggest names in the celebrity world backing our promotion push.

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-53428586)

947483.png

Love it AC! Have gone for 1-1 in the Prediction League as we limp our way over the line.

Barnsley have the youngest squad In the league. Almost guaranteed to go down, therefore possibly some will be in the shop window. Does anyone rate any of their players and feel it is worth a punt.

If we do limp into the playoffs, might be the first time we’ve Been underdogs, could be in our favour....

Barnsley have the youngest squad In the league. Almost guaranteed to go down, therefore possibly some will be in the shop window. Does anyone rate any of their players and feel it is worth a punt.

Styles would be well worth a closer look. Anderson and Mowatt possibly too, depends which division we are in...

Last edited:
Wigan are the other one to look at. They will survive, and may well finish on around 60 points on merit.

But they are in a lot of financial trouble and need to sell

I blame Our manager for the mess we now find ourselves in with regard to replacement to certain injury prone players .....namely Sow who is surprise surprise doubtful for the remaining fixtures . BOSTOCK has been treated shamefully by Lamouchi. He should of had so much more game time and has never been integrated into the squad .

I blame Our manager for the mess we now find ourselves in with regard to replacement to certain injury prone players .....namely Sow who is surprise surprise doubtful for the remaining fixtures . BOSTOCK has been treated shamefully by Lamouchi. He should of had so much more game time and has never been integrated into the squad .
Regardless of whether I agree with his decisions around certain players, the idea of questioning the decisions of the first manager to get us in the playoffs for ten years, with easily the weakest squad we have ever had in a playoff year (relative to opposition) is laughable.

I bet Sow plays in the playoffs. I can't find any information saying he is out for the remaining fixtures, just that he is a "slight doubt" for tomorrow

Last edited:
Regardless of whether I agree with his decisions around certain players, the idea of questioning the decisions of the first manager to get us in the playoffs for ten years, with easily the weakest squad we have ever had in a playoff year (relative to opposition) is laughable.

I bet Sow plays in the playoffs

It is beyond laughable, its bordering on absurdity.

Do we actually know how Bostock has acquitted himself during training and preparation for games?

Given Lamouchi's penchant for meticulous analysis of opposition and preparing the team in readiness for games, I find it inconceivable that he would omit players for any reason other than football ones.

Lamouchi has got far, far more right than he has got wrong, and has displayed the courage to stick by his principles.

We have made our way into the play offs for one reason, and one reason alone; Lamouchi

You just knew that stupid Worrals foul v Derby would be somewhat costly.
We’d be home and dry and resting all the guys with niggly injuries, and giving a breather to Ribs and Grabs amongst others for the next 9 days ready for playoff leg 1

Looking at Epstein's connection to the Maxwell family, you would have thought he would have been a Derby fan.

Barring an 8 goal swing we are in the playoffs, we are the only team in the playoffs without the realistic chance of not being in them. rest anyone who needs it. play anyone who needs the game time, make sure we are in the best place we can be for the play offs.

Sow has played a fair few minutes since the return, probably has some sort of injury that needs rest so would make sense to rest him now. Silva, Yates and Watson are good enough for these last 2 league games, give bostock a bit of a run out and maybe Carvhlo. Be nice to put this play off place to bed tomorrow, can't deal with a final day needing to still get something.