Barnsley vs Forest - Match Fred sponsored by Forest's new no.1 fan | Page 28 | Vital Football

Barnsley vs Forest - Match Fred sponsored by Forest's new no.1 fan

We can’t afford, or in our current position are ever likely to attract the ultimate answer. Lamouchi has quite literally ‘made a silk purse out of a sows ear’. Carvalho has had numerous chances to shine and has failed dismally almost every time. Quite simply, with our current system he is a luxury we cannot afford. Lamouchi‘s approach is all about ‘the sum of the parts’ and Carvalho’s work rate and lack of physicality is detrimental to this. Our current model concedes the lions share of possession to the opponent almost all the time and looks to hit teams on the counter. This approach has been successful a lot of the time this season our league position is testament to this and with a few quality additions will improve even further. Go back to the games v Leeds (H), Fulham, Brentford & Derby (A) to name but a few which proves possession wins nowt. Whether you like this style of football is entirely subjective, being brought up watching Cloughs teams I love it. Under BC we were the masters of counter attacking football, the only difference being the calibre of players we were watching was greatly enhanced.

Top post, and it raises an interesting comparison with Clough.

See folk remember the Clough heydays, but those I've spoken to about the era, say our football was far from the brilliant style it evolved into in Clough's early days when he was battling his way out this very division.

As for Carvalho, I like the kid himself, but I also think he's a fucking curse on the club, and the sooner he's gone the better. It's not his fault, but MON got hammered for not playing him, now Lamouchi gets questioned - no player should be bigger than any manager who has us top half, and the fact that someone who has contributed can so little is held in such a high regard by some and, worse still, the answer to all our woes, is astounding.

Whilst-ever he's here he'll be held as a weapon against the manager, and I really don't like that.

It's strange how much as a club we bend over to please agents as well.

Not any more!

The amount paid to Agents by each Club has to be declared each year; only 7 Clubs paid less to Agents in the Championship last Season than we did.

We paid a tad over 1m; Derby paid 4m, Villa 3.5m, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading, Norwich and Middlesbrough all paid well over 2m

The amount we pay agents has been drastically reduced over the last few years; you will be surprised to know that it reached its peak during the days when we just happened to be using unlicensed Agents.

Last edited:
I think the club would have screamed it out loud and proud if Cash had refused to play to try and snatch the high ground in the sale.

Can’t see Cash refusing to play though, he seems a genuine lad who wants to do his best for the club having been given the opportunity.

People are just willing failure because they think we are cursed as a Club.

There has to be a reason, or rather a conspiracy theory, to fit everything that is going wrong.

"There's nothing wrong with Cash, his agent has him locked away in a cellar; the very same cellar which was owned by Josef Fretzel"

I bet if people are honest there will be a wild assortment of weird superstitions they are going through between now and tomorrow night; trying to remember what they wore on certain occasions and the luck it bought.

Can you imagine what will happen if they go for their lucky shirt or jeans and they are in the wash?

Mad fucking panic, followed by 2 hours of grovelling to the wife trying to get her to do the washing two days early but too afraid to tell her the reason why in case she thinks you have lost the plot.

Odd behaviour is the only thing we can guarantee over the next day and a bit.

Do we know with any certainty how many of this squad are carrying injuries? I have a feeling that it is more than we may think. The Cash situation is intriguing, has he been sold and being kept on ice? I wouldn't need much persuading that that is the case. SL has experience of tournament football which essentially this mini season has been. I would love to think that we are the Italy of this one and we go on to win it.

I think we can be certain that there will be a sale of at least one player, the question is who?

My money would be on Carvalho leaving; I just cannot see a way back for him under Lamouchi.

There will no doubt be interest in both Cash and Worrall but will that interest be sufficient to tempt Forest?

If West Ham are the only club to make a serious offer, I seriously doubt whether it will be anywhere near enough; I just cannot see any negotiations between Vrentzos and Brady going very well.

I just cannot see a long line of Clubs with the readies available given the current environment

I think we can be certain that there will be a sale of at least one player, the question is who?

My money would be on Carvalho leaving; I just cannot see a way back for him under Lamouchi.

There will no doubt be interest in both Cash and Worrall but will that interest be sufficient to tempt Forest?

If West Ham are the only club to make a serious offer, I seriously doubt whether it will be anywhere near enough; I just cannot see any negotiations between Vrentzos and Brady going very well.

I just cannot see a long line of Clubs with the readies available given the current environment
I think Carvalho going is a given.

With Cash and Worrall it will depend who bids and whether the players want to go. If they do then the club pretty much have to sell so long as the offer is semi-decent. We certainly won’t be seeing £15-20m for either of them.

Not really bothered who we sell as long as we screw the arse off the buyer. I think i might have mentioned it before somewhere but i want a new main stand. We have sold quite well in the recent past so i think we now know how to do it.

Not any more!

The amount paid to Agents by each Club has to be declared each year; only 7 Clubs paid less to Agents in the Championship last Season than we did.

We paid a tad over 1m; Derby paid 4m, Villa 3.5m, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading, Norwich and Middlesbrough all paid well over 2m

The amount we pay agents has been drastically reduced over the last few years; you will be surprised to know that it reached its peak during the days when we just happened to be using unlicensed Agents.
Three Portuguese players, of which one of them is an expensive bench filler, kind of says otherwise

I am not convinced that West Ham won't go for one of their other targets. Cash isnt their only fullback target and he isnt great value for money

Personally think Worrall could have the brightest future of the two. Cash has been superb but I remember saying that 2 years ago and he didn’t kick on last year as I’d hoped. Since the restart he’s not quite been the same. Not for a minute suggesting he’s been really poor or he’s not going to go on to do much, and he’s still been excellent this season overall and has loads of potential, but I think wherever he is next season and whether he kicks on, will be determined by whether he has it in him to replicate the form he’s shown for the first 6 months of this season.

Three Portuguese players, of which one of them is an expensive bench filler, kind of says otherwise

No, there is full transparency now with all Clubs having to declare Agent payments, and those figures quoted are for the Season in which we signed Carvalho

The amount we have paid agents for the three years accounts published while EM has been in charge are as follows:

1.053m
1.2m
1.14m

I can fully understand people thinking that we will be paying more in Agent fees now that we are dealing with Agents like Mendez; the facts show that to be totally inaccurate.

It just goes to show how much Fawaz had the wool pulled over his eyes by certain individuals; the Club was bled dry.

Looking at our transfer targets, one of whom was in the UK this week, I would say it was more likely that Worrall will leave before Cash.

I would suspect that Worrall would be the easier to replace out of the two as Cash has a fairly rare combination of attributes.

Worrall does seemed to have improved a lot on the ball this season though to be fair. Some less agricultural distribution this season.

Looking at our transfer targets, one of whom was in the UK this week, I would say it was more likely that Worrall will leave before Cash.
Not convinced he is that wanted. Not based on any information.

My feeling is that the CBs we have been linked with are to replace Fig

i dont think any deals will be disussed over woz n cashy til season is over. If we went up we'd keep both. If not, well, as they are both reds id say they will both go or both stay. I just dont think theyd want to alienate the fans alone. But thats just my naive thoughts perhaps.
Carvs another matter, i suspect that was done weeks ago in principle with olympiakos

My biggest worry is that SL will play the percentages by choosing a team for a minimal loss, with a point as the best case scenario rather than to actually win the game.

It does make you wonder whether his job is actually under threat if he doesn't make the top six. Is he going ultra-ultra conservative to stagger across the line with the least risk to his job?
i think thats pretty accurate, he seems to be ultra cautious rather than play how we have most of the season

defensive set up doesnt help us at all with our players