Bamber Bridge | Vital Football

Bamber Bridge

Hardly the kind of opposition we need for the Championship, no disrespect to Bamber Bridge.

Hardly the kind of opposition we need for the Championship, no disrespect to Bamber Bridge.
Are any of the four friendlies and with the size of our squad there will be very little match time for them. However that like many things is the way nowadays although there is still a free Saturday wherecwe may get an home game.

Looks like PNE are also playing them, and other non-league teams, so we are doing the same as other championship clubs

Yes but after Bamber Bridge they play Getafe, Hearts and Leicester City, and we play Hyde Oldham and Accrington. see the difference

It did say when these friendlies were announced, that these were the initial batch, suggesting more to be announced. Especially when you see that there's a fortnight between the Oldham and Preston games. Just realised that we play Accy the Tuesday after Oldham, but we still have time to fit at least another couple in.

Having an inexperienced manager with little contacts among the big clubs is probably what is working against us on the friendly front. These games, particularly down the pyramid are usually arranged between managers, which is why we bagged a friendly vs Rangers for example (Cook and Gerrard good mates). Richardson is close with Sheridan and Coleman, which is why we have sorted friendlies with those two.

There's no excuse not to have a friendly on the weekend before the 30th against a club with proper players who will give us a proper fitness test. That needs sorting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sneak in a home game against PL opposition, the big clubs will be looking to improve their match fitness before the new season.
:unsure:

That save from Thello in first half was superb it looked top corner all the way .
Many more followed think he will play much higher level he had a good game even though conceding 5.

Looks like Luke Robinson is staying, if he hadn't signed a new deal he'd probably not be playing. I do like him but he desperately needs to be playing men's football every week rather than youth level if he wants to eventually break into our side. I felt we should've let him out on loan last season so if he stays he needs to be loaned to L1 immediately (i think Bristol Rovers want him) to get that vital experience.

No Adam Long though, so unless he's injured it seems like he's not in Richardson's plans if 3 younger academy players played centre half ahead of him. I think he's another who desperately needed to be playing men's football every week last season out on loan.