Avoid The News Tomorrow | Page 2 | Vital Football

Avoid The News Tomorrow

Rene Girard wants to try Premier league, done well with Montpelier AND he speaks French!

Social media site Twitter is on fire tonight with reports escalating over the last hour that Alan Pardew has been sacked by Newcastle United after the club held talks for most of the day. The rumours are unconfirmed with reports suggesting that an official announcement is due tomorrow.

Pardew signed a massive 8 year contract in September last year but the termination of his managerial contract at the club would not cost Mike Ashley as much as the headline would suggest. Instead Ashley would be expected to pay Pardew one year of his salary after a one year get out clause or pre agreed settlement fee was inserted into the contract.

Pardew who today became the 2nd longest serving manager in the Premier League, behind Arsene Wenger, has been at the club for two and a half years and has previously made no secret of the fact that his Newcastle career could be on the line after a relegation battle and 16th place finish in the League.

However, just three days ago Pardew was quote by Sky Sports saying that there was no uncertainty about his position at the club. He said;

“There's no uncertainty about my position. I expect to be manager 100 per cent. It was a good lunch.

Mike just comes and generally has a chat, says hello to everyone and he thanked all the players for their efforts.

We all know it has not been our greatest season but you cannot say we've not given 100 per cent.

We have and therefore have a better scenario next year and we all have to pull together. That was basically his message.

Like all clubs, we will be sitting down again, discussing plans for next year."

So if the rumours are proved to be true would you want to see replace him? Gus Poyet or Roberto Di Matteo seem to be top contenders but Tony Pulis, Roberto Mancini and Rafa Benitez are all also free agents.

Won't believe it till I see the clown faced leaving St James' park with his belongings in his sports direct carrier bag. Personally think Mike Del and Pards will have had a good day laughing their cocks off at how gullible the Geordie nation are

Bruce, I don't think Ashley would have been laughing at those 0-3 and 0-6 results, way too close for comfort that.

Probably not Taff but Pardew ticks all the boxes as far as Ashley is concerned willing to lie for him, wont question transfer policy and takes the heat off him and Del

I know nowt but im pretty certain that Pardew was appointed on the back of a recommendation from llambias.

Ashley may be creaming the premier league money or he may actually have some secret plan to achieve things here but it was too close for comfort and I can't think that Ashley could have been oblivious to everything that's been written about Pardew.

we all know he'll still be here next season, as much as i hate to say. so i certainly won't be checking the internet every 10 minutes.

I expect:
WE will be better next season, Mike and Derek back me to the hilt. We have a great squad just need a couple of experienced additions. We will be working al the hours we can to improve things, we have not become a bad side overnight.
Followed by:
A lot of waffle on transfer targets, we just missed out on this player but we will not offer over the odds. We've put bids in and are waiting for a response. We are going pre season to South America, Africa and The Fra East to boost Mike's kitty.
End result some out, some in but the real issues The Manager and Coaching staff left untouched so more of the same.
Would love to see them go but as I understand it the meeting is today over a few bottles with Carr present, suggesting new players will be discussed. Hardly the scenario for a sacking. as you say there will be numerous rumours throughout the day with all sorts of out of work Managers linked, unfortunately it will be more of the same and the sacking merely postponed to a time when the transfr window is closed.

If Ashley is really only interested in money then he may well pull the trigger on Pardew. We have lost 9m in TV revenue this season and Ashley has had to put his hand in his pocket to the tune of 20m in January to protect our PL position.

Add in the factor that Krul, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Colo, Jonas etc are only worth half what they were at this stage last season and you can see that Ashley host lost a fair few bob this season.

Maybe that will be the telling factor.

I agree Vin, if it's all about money, then it is all about added value too - and there is none at SJP after this season. Just looking at that tv revenue thing again - Man U ( about £60m) came top I understand, with QPR bottom (about £35m?). That means we have got in excess of £35m from tv alone last season. Where's it gone?

I heard that Carr and the coaching staff will be in as well as pardew, which suggests more of a dissection of the season than a firing taking place. Unless Ashley plans to give everyone the boot, which would be a bit harsh on Carr as he's done a damn good job really, but it's the kind of crazy decision we'd expect from ashley

Well hopefully Pardew will be in first to collect his P45 and Carr will be in after with his dossier on our next signings.

T_D, maybe he is going to ask each of them where they think things went wrong this season and how it can be put right. I guess they could all blame injuries, in which case the fitness/physio team get the bullet, they could all bar one blame the manager, or all bar a couple blame the coaches or all blame Lambias or etc etc. Ashley needs a footballing man to take an independant look at this because his head could be spinning by end of today.

I hope not taff, if that happens pardew will reel off his list of excuses and all the coaches will agree. Carr will just say "Hey, I did my job, you guys bungled it" as that's all he can really say. And Ashley will probably say "fair enough" and we'll plough on with a great chief scout and a mediocre (at best) management team

They will all cover each others backsides, the coaches would not get a job anywhere else in a top (so called) Premiership side and Pardew would only be a candidate for Wigan or Stoke in The Premiership or maybe Fulham will come calling.
All in all expect a whitewash, as much as I would like to think different Taff.

T_D, I have visions of the Apprentice boardroom if Ashley is looking for someone to take the blame for this. But is anyone who previously advised him to appoint the people currently in place going to tell him these are now the wrong people? But as Toony says, Poyet and Wise are good mates I think.