Attending Games Next Season | Page 3 | Vital Football

Attending Games Next Season

Mike 93, it's as simple as this:

- there are plenty of existing fans who support both Latics and Warriors, even though there are plenty of others who hate (sometimes unbelievably so) the other team.
- if you want to start watching Latics on a regular basis, then great, we'd be stupid not to welcome you ... especially as you've expressed a distasted for Lenegan.
- If you've been before, I'm not sure where you sat, but I suggest you sit in the east.
- if you're on a wind up, then I'm not really sure why, or what you expect to gain, but I suppose it takes all kinds .... even if this one would be a rather crappy one.

My only question to you, going back to your opening post, is why the hell you think you wouldn't be welcome. Who would know? You'd hardly be likely to start to chant rugby songs ......or yell rugby player names ... how/why do you think anyone would know you're a Warriors fan, any more than they might know other personal things about you?

Latics need more fans. Simple as that. Why wouldn't anyone (genuine) be welcome?

Okay I will elaborate. As a season ticket holder for the rugby I use a lot of my annual leave to attend home matches if I have originally been put on shift to work the days/night the rugby has been on. I have already missed two matches this season due to work commitments and not being able to get time off work and they were our Easter Monday game and when we played Hull on a Thursday night at the back end of March.

As for Latics games this season I did actually have tickets for a few games this past season but then had to give them up. One was for the Sunderland game, although that was given to me by a mate who got a free ticket with his season ticket so I lost out on money there. One was against Sutton in the Papa Johns Trophy but as it only cost me a fiver I wasn't too bothered about losing money on that. I had a ticket for the Portsmouth game back in August but had to sell my ticket for that and I had a mate who asked me to go to Bolton away with him back in October but again work got in the way.
Bullshit
So you say you could not attend any latics games because of work commitment
Yet you have only missed 2 of wurriors games due to work feck off pull the other one

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike 93, it's as simple as this:

- there are plenty of existing fans who support both Latics and Warriors, even though there are plenty of others who hate (sometimes unbelievably so) the other team.
- if you want to start watching Latics on a regular basis, then great, we'd be stupid not to welcome you ... especially as you've expressed a distasted for Lenegan.
- If you've been before, I'm not sure where you sat, but I suggest you sit in the east.
- if you're on a wind up, then I'm not really sure why, or what you expect to gain, but I suppose it takes all kinds .... even if this one would be a rather crappy one.

My only question to you, going back to your opening post, is why the hell you think you wouldn't be welcome. Who would know? You'd hardly be likely to start to chant rugby songs ......or yell rugby player names ... how/why do you think anyone would know you're a Warriors fan, any more than they might know other personal things about you?

Latics need more fans. Simple as that. Why wouldn't anyone (genuine) be welcome?

I'm genuinely not on a wind up. As for your question I'd say it's in case I let slip that I have a season ticket for the rugby. When I go to any sports matches or concerts etc I like to talk to the people around me seeing as how we're all there for the same reason. So for example if I was talking to someone and let slip I have a season ticket I don't want to then be told to f**k off.

I'm genuinely not on a wind up. As for your question I'd say it's in case I let slip that I have a season ticket for the rugby. When I go to any sports matches or concerts etc I like to talk to the people around me seeing as how we're all there for the same reason. So for example if I was talking to someone and let slip I have a season ticket I don't want to then be told to f**k off.
As you may have gathered from the previous responses, some will say that, some won't be bothered, whilst one or two will say "so do I". So what?

If that does happen, then there are plenty of other free seats for you to sit in.
;)

I dont believe a word you say

You seem the nervous, delicate, over sensitive type. As per the above suggestion, you need to grow a pair. Failing that you need to be looking for a seat in ES2. It’s quiet in there, the bad language is at a minimum and it’s trouble free. No one in there will tell you to fuck off if you let slip your true allegiance and you’ll be perfectly safe. Welcome to the club.

Mike 93 - if you want to come down & watch Latics then simply come on down, watch the game & enjoy the ride like most of us do. I really don't know why you would need to start a thread on this. Just turn up it's that simple. If I wanted to start watching the Warriors (not that I would BTW) I would simply turn up, watch the game then go home.

I went to a game a few weeks back and pointed out the picture of Tuigamala in the East stand to my missus soon afte his death and nobody commented or asked for identification.

So take no notice of the idiots having a go as, should they bump into you in the crowd, they would probably have little to say as long as you ot start running up and down the concourse singing warriors fans.

Okay I will elaborate. As a season ticket holder for the rugby I use a lot of my annual leave to attend home matches if I have originally been put on shift to work the days/night the rugby has been on. I have already missed two matches this season due to work commitments and not being able to get time off work and they were our Easter Monday game and when we played Hull on a Thursday night at the back end of March.

As for Latics games this season I did actually have tickets for a few games this past season but then had to give them up. One was for the Sunderland game, although that was given to me by a mate who got a free ticket with his season ticket so I lost out on money there. One was against Sutton in the Papa Johns Trophy but as it only cost me a fiver I wasn't too bothered about losing money on that. I had a ticket for the Portsmouth game back in August but had to sell my ticket for that and I had a mate who asked me to go to Bolton away with him back in October but again work got in the way.

Don't bother to try and justify yourself to anyone on here. There are those who will simply take whatever information you provide and use it against you and the majority are not bothered why you decided to come to Latics, they are just happy that you did.

I went to a game a few weeks back and pointed out the picture of Tuigamala in the East stand to my missus soon afte his death and nobody commented or asked for identification.

So take no notice of the idiots having a go as, should they bump into you in the crowd, they would probably have little to say as long as you ot start running up and down the concourse singing warriors fans.

Identification? Singing Worriers fans? What the bloody hell are you rambling on about? :blah::sleep:

I can't tell you how many years I have spent trying to get some fans on here to accept more support from other rugby fans but gave up wasting my breath.

Hey smart arse we do have rugby fans at the stadium....From St Helens! That lot that rent the stadium from WAFC are not welcome, thanks!

Probably pissed off with Moonay like most of us on here! :grinning:

At first, given your use of ambiguous language, I thought you were suggesting that we've eloped together, ... then I realised that you're suggesting he's stopped posting cos he's had enough of me (even though I'm a joy).

Nah, he's not as mard as you T&C.
:halo:

At first, given your use of ambiguous language, I thought you were suggesting that we've eloped together, ... then I realised that you're suggesting he's stopped posting cos he's had enough of me (even though I'm a joy).

Nah, he's not as mard as you T&C.
:halo:

He stopped posting when I didn’t get banned for calling him a moron over spreading his covid conspiracy theories. Though you two eloping is a better story so we’ll go with that 😉