Aston Villa vs Liverpool Match Thread Tuesday 10th May 8pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Liverpool Match Thread Tuesday 10th May 8pm

Get an early goal and see where their heads are at, they might feel like things are crumbling all around them.

You'd expect them to turn up and win convincingly, but who knows, it could be one of those nights.

OK, they come out and batter us. We score on the counter. They come out and batter us. We score on the counter...

Which is why they won't do batter. Klopp is not a fool. He just wants 3 points. He will bide his time.

It's a free swing really isn't it? Maybe that nobody expects us to win and there's massive pressure on Liverpool to win might freakishly turn into a result for us.

I think we *should* play the same team as against Burnley but Gerrard's so clearly desperate to get the band back together for Liverpool that Coutinho is almost certain to start. Who then to make way in a front three that all played well and all got on the scoresheet in the last game?

I think we *should* play the same team as against Burnley but Gerrard's so clearly desperate to get the band back together for Liverpool that Coutinho is almost certain to start. Who then to make way in a front three that all played well and all got on the scoresheet in the last game?

We should be happy with this though ?. Worrying about who to drop to bring a player like Phillipe Coutinho back in. Kind of worry that I like. Not long ago we were looking at Bjarneson and Bolasie as attacking players in reserve :lol:.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left Chambers out against Liverpools more mobile midfield. He (Chambers) served a purpose on Saturday but as Liverpool don't lump it up to the big man then I am struggling to see the advantage of him playing that position.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left Chambers out against Liverpools more mobile midfield. He (Chambers) served a purpose on Saturday but as Liverpool don't lump it up to the big man then I am struggling to see the advantage of him playing that position.
There again West Ham play 2 players like that every game Decsand that other thug

OK, they come out and batter us. We score on the counter. They come out and batter us. We score on the counter...

Which is why they won't do batter. Klopp is not a fool. He just wants 3 points. He will bide his time.

I’m in prime cynical mode about the tactics of this game. I can’t see Stevie G parking the bus and trying to disrupt the game at every minute. I think we’ll go out to play attacking or counter attafootball, if we beat Liverpool then it was a case of the best team won on the day, if Liverpool win then we were all expecting that anyway.

If he parks the bus and we get so much as a point, he’s going to feel Klopp’s wrath and maybe a few of his own in Ireland and Scandinavian.

As much as he is a professional and I genuinely believe that, he will a career plan and I doubt he wants to shit on his own given we’re probably going to finish a mighty 11th.

I could be posting absolute tosh but you never trust a scouser.

One of our biggest regrets must be we never got chance to see that 7-2 at Villa Park

If that had been man city or one of the other sky clubs it would be mentioned every day I'm sure. Liverpool fans I know tell me that we got lucky with deflections and Adrian threw in the rest. Well from my recollection Adrian messed up the first but had no chance with any of the others. As for the deflections you don't win the lottery without buying a ticket. Add to that us missing 4/5 other easy chances on top of the 7 we scored.

The best performance from a Villa team in my lifetime and its almost ignored.

It's easy enough to convert that role to switch between a back 4 and back 3 depending on the situation. We need to have a proper plan for Liverpool's front 3, so we need an extra man back there, be it as a DM or CB I think.